Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading these threads daily but can’t read all of them. The full dash cam video was scary to watch. So much more was going on in that relationship and I was angry that those cops treated BL like a buddy, laughing and joking with him and treated GP like crap. Who lets an extremely distraught 22 year old girl loose into the wilderness and puts the man up in a hotel?! This is how DV gets missed and so many end up dead. IMO they got into another fight and BL lost it and accidentally killed her. Then he panicked, told his parents and they helped him run away and hide. I believe he’s alive but won’t manage out there hiding for long and will either be found or eventually turn himself in. I hope I’m not wrong and the truth of what happened comes out.
You know I agree it was a tough hour and seventeen minutes to watch. . . but IMO that was August 12th..he had another couple of weeks to go and probably a multitude of perceived slights to get him to the point where he allegedly harmed her.

Question here: how did FBI get involved, why was this a federal case as soon as the Laundries filed the missing persons report? Gabby’s body was not yet found. No charges were filed against him. Or am I mistaking the timeline here?

Her last known location was a National Park so she was missing on federal land.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm wondering has there been any credible source saying the family actually DID go camping, or is it just assumed because they have a camper (and I'm guessing it must have been attached to the pickup over the Labor Day weekend.

Gabby Petito slaying: Florida lawyer, a mom of two, puts $20G bounty on Brian Laundrie
"I think a missing child is every parent's worst nightmare," the lawyer and mother of two, Tatiana Boohoff, told Fox News Friday. "Our hearts go out to her family and to the community, and we hope that together we can get some answers and get justice for Gabby."

Yes! I saw this a couple days back in the news. Someone finally helping in the search for BL. I hope he's found alive, he appears to be a coward except when it comes to beating up on women. So fingers crossed this incentive helps...

Morning folks! I’m going to be out for most of the day but trying to keep up when I have a break. It’s apple picking season (tho temps aren’t as cold).

I’m truly hoping today is the day, big breaks have happened whenever I’m not online or able to watch any live feeds.

Regarding the Labor Day trip. . .Can anyone out there tell me if the family had a history of going camping? It it to me not something one does on a whim..preparation, food, mapping the place you will stay, open site to put camper. It seems odd. JMO.

Reading this thread and all the others, I have come to the conclusion that I am the only one who hates camping. I haven’t gone since summer before 6th grade and I’m 38. I used to enjoy it but that summer my mom (with mental health issues) told my sister and I we were going camping for a few weeks but what she actually meant we were moving from San Diego to Kalispell, Montana to live in a campground for almost 2 years. First in a tent and then in a tiny tiny camping trailer.

Especially a 23 year old...the phone is an appendage of sorts. I'm about 40 years older than that and I walk our local trails and always have a phone. The phone thing to me never sat right. But also, if he left his wallet at home as they report, he also drove without his drivers license if we assume it is in his wallet. But then, getting pulled over for him is like no biggie based on the video. I believe as some one a million threads ago said that he had a plan. But, I also do believe that not all family members knew everything he may have been up to. JMO.
I was thinking about the phone this morning. And actually trying to figure out why he even wanted to lie on the dash cam video. Why would he want them to think he did not have a phone?

And then secondly I’ve been thinking about Gabby asking him to be reminded to get his charger. I’m wondering how many times they were separate that he would forget his charger. Moreso I’m wondering if he liked to purposely *forget* his phone for some reason.

155 miles is a long ways to travel to go to a library and not look at anything the library has to offer.

I agree it seems odd. Maybe they needed to get away from all of the noise outside their home and be somewhere (hopefully) no one recognized them. And the public would be less likely to yell things at them in a library.

Maybe, but they have to be provable (probable cause). Until then, he's got a clean record (I haven't heard otherwise) and a midemeanor bank card fraud. Any decent lawyer could win him a fine and probation - which is why all of this running from the law is so ridiculous. I blame all of this LE expense and wild behavior on the advice of his really out-of-touch lawyer. I've never seen a lawyer's advice make his client and family appear so utterly guilty before charges are lain that warrant flight. Its crazy.
The arrest warrant is for felony bank fraud, not misdemeanor

He’s said “kill yourself” to BL on at least a couple of visits to her show this week—2 separate occasions that I’ve seen. As I say, I’m not concerned about BL per se, but I think this is very weird thing to do in a bunch of ways, not the least of which is it could deny the family any justice or closure. I can’t imagine he is speaking for them when he says this.

I’d be interested to see your take on the clip! The host did seem to cut him off, but that could have been just due to time limits, as he definitely got to say a LOT of things on his mind!!
He has publicly accused their lawyer of a cover-up. That could get him sued.

I agree it seems odd. Maybe they needed to get away from all of the noise outside their home and be somewhere (hopefully) no one recognized them. And the public would be less likely to yell things at them in a library.
Library's have free internet. . .no trace left really that i can see if you just want to google something?

He took off . He left irresponsibly without wallet or cell, causing parents to file endangered missing person report triggering this massive, punishing , expensive manhunt. I absolutely would consider him a flight risk.
They reported him missing to LE but AFAIK did not report him to MEPIC as there is no case for BL there.
Florida Missing Endangered Persons Search

Question here: how did FBI get involved, why was this a federal case as soon as the Laundries filed the missing persons report? Gabby’s body was not yet found. No charges were filed against him. Or am I mistaking the timeline here?

Sorry but you're mistaking the timeline.

The FBI was assisting on the case. It wasn't until this Tuesday (2 days after the body presumed to be Gabby Petito was found on US Forest Service property) that a local police spokesman first used the term "FBI-led criminal investigation."

Gabby Petito Case: New Brian Laundrie Search Yields Nothing; Hard Drive May Have Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay