Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the one thing that lets me know for a fact that the Laundries know exactly where Brian is .......I understand they hired a attorney when he got home with the van because he was there and they knew he was gonna need one, ..i get that.
Now they supposely dont know where he is but yet they still have the attorney, even went to meet with him this week, why??????what do they need a attorney for now???

TBH I don’t blame them. So much is coming at them, and I believe they need legal advice on how to handle the media as well. Also they’ve been questioned I’m sure, so they probably needed legal advice about how to be in those situations as well. I know it seems silly, but there’s other reasons to have an attorney other than being “guilty.” I think it’s just smart on their part because I’m sure they have way more coming at them than we know. I’m not necessarily defending them, but I’ve watched too many situations on crime documentaries where people speak upon things within a criminal case and maybe have misspoken because they didn’t know what they should and shouldn’t say. And also (I hope this doesn’t make me seem like a bad human I’m a good human I promise!) I’ve had a DWI before and obviously I retained an attorney. I had body cam footage of me admitting to drinking. I had people often question why go through the hassle of spending so much on an attorney when you’ve already admitted guilt on camera and why not just represent myself? the reason is because I actually pleaded not guilty as advised by my attorneys…I wouldnt have known to do that without one. They picked apart my evidence and fought a few things I didn’t think I could fight based off of simply my own basic rights that I didn’t think I even had. They were able to give me advice about not getting a restricted license which kept me out of problems with my auto insurance…things I had no idea existed until I had an attorney. They also represented me in court and took care of a lot of my legal business for me. For the record I eventually went through a diversion program after all was said and done. But there were so many things I didn’t know to do or not do that could have made things worse without my attorneys. I know this isn’t comparable to this case but I just wanted to share my personal story to say that…sometimes it’s just good to get an attorney when you’re involved in any sort of legal matter. Them having an attorney still does not wave any red flags to me whatsoever. It’s honestly smart on their part. Somewhat unfortunate for us, but I don’t blame them. JMO

I sort of think he and his parents or sister has burner phones and he could be using someone else's ID a friend or family member.
I want to believe his sister isn’t tied up in this mess. I want to believe she genuinely loved GP as a to be sister-in-law. She has children. I’d hope she’s putting them first through all of this and choosing not to go the same route her parents are.

That and I think these people generally have some weird behaviours from what I’ve seen in the media. Both the mom and dad have shown absolutely zero emotion or concern for initially Gabby or even their son. If they felt their son was innocent and missing, they’d be out there looking for him, pleading and distressed. They’re out here acting as if he’s somewhere safe and taken care of.

And, since BL looks like he needed some special caretaking, it speaks volumes that they don’t seem concerned at all. Jmo.

That may be one impression.

Another impression that others have is that they feel their son is deceased. They may be pre-grieving behind closed doors, they may have gone to Orlando to seek local advice on what to legally do for their son, in absentia (if anything).

We really don't know much at all. We don't even know if the parents have since opened up to the FBI ... the FBI aren't going to tell us.

Last edited:
I have to keep reminding myself the family had 10 days minimum to consult and come up with a plan to possibly disappear BL- for sure when they came to seize the Van -they knew time was short
JMO

Everything worked out. I became a liaison person between the courts, LE and the mental health community and learned A LOT about the legal system.
Right now, all Brian is facing is a an unauthorized credit card use charge. If he turns himself in, he bonds out and goes home. Running away from home (remember, its not been proven he murdered Gabby) isn't a crime. Having a mental health crisis isn't a crime. He could walk out of the woods , or walk up his parent's driveway tomorrow confident in the knowledge that LE has a long way to go before they prove him guilty of anything other than misdemeanor bank foolishness. Plus, he doesn't have a criminal record that I know of, so he'd probably get probation.
I'm astonished that the Laundries' lawyer doesn't know this. Deals like this are made every day in court.
Hugging you right back!
I don't think he would be granted bond though. WFLA was discussing this today, and it was said on their live newscast that he most likely wouldn't be getting bail.

Brian Laundrie indictment reveals tragic timeline of the final days of Gabby Petito’s life | WFLA

I tried to commit suicide twice...in public. If you're terrified enough, location is of no importance. Its the end of hope and the beginning of a leap into the unknown. This is not usually done when you're lawyered up and have family support. There are many reasons why BL could walk away from this entire matter with misdemeanors and probation. To be honest, I have no idea why he and his parents have chosen to blow the entire matter out of proportion. The best way ahead would have been to lawyer up, cooperate with LE, deal with whatever proof against him was raised and fight it out in court.
As it stands now, regardless of the tsunami of anti-Brian sentiment, he is, by law, an innocent man. His major problem is bad legal advice, because every moment he waits to turn himself in, he adds to the concept of consciousness of guilt unnecessarily and is chiseling away at his own case.
I have been a liaison between LE and the mental health community and have seen many unexpected deals made.
I'm glad you failed. ❤

The feds filed for detention upon capture because he’s a flight risk and because they believe he will further obstruct justice, so if they capture him, he’s in jail pending trial.
DocumentCloud
Of course. Then he goes to a bond hearing with his lawyer (hopefully a better one than the one he has now), gets his bond set, gets it paid by his parents and is back home hours later eating granola bars and watching himself on TV in his bedroom.

I'm sure but I still think it is bad advice. It's like a cartoon character version of what someone thinks a Serious Attorney should do in the situation (directed at them, not you). Even if your client did something wrong you want to not draw attention to yourself or your client by looking like a monster.
I agree, also now that this has turned into a serious search, the attorney should be advising them to talk to the FBI and tell them everything they know. MOO

No, I just noticed he quoted Chuck consistently throughout his Instagram Bizarre_Design account.
This was taken directly from the Wikipedia account of Chuck Palahniuk. I recognized the quotes immediately. I love to read books.
I don't know what's going through his head but I have some ideas where this may be heading. Not sure how much we are allowed to discuss or speculate so I'll wait.
Chuck Palahniuk - Wikipedia
I noticed that as well....

Everything worked out. I became a liaison person between the courts, LE and the mental health community and learned A LOT about the legal system.
Right now, all Brian is facing is a an unauthorized credit card use charge. If he turns himself in, he bonds out and goes home. Running away from home (remember, its not been proven he murdered Gabby) isn't a crime. Having a mental health crisis isn't a crime. He could walk out of the woods , or walk up his parent's driveway tomorrow confident in the knowledge that LE has a long way to go before they prove him guilty of anything other than misdemeanor bank foolishness. Plus, he doesn't have a criminal record that I know of, so he'd probably get probation.
I'm astonished that the Laundries' lawyer doesn't know this. Deals like this are made every day in court.
Hugging you right back!
MMmmm... I wouldn't be so sure that there isn't another grand jury hearing underway or to occur soon with adequate probable cause for additional crimes. The States Attorneys have the luxury of not having to rush and plenty of crimes to charge him with, IMHO. Why tip their hands any sooner than they need to? Time is on their side now. MOO.

Is that the case of the young man and woman that had just returned from a trip overseas lasting several months? She took her own life? I can't remember their names, but they too were blogging about their travels.

shades of Leanne are here for sure. Just bc of the SM I dug up her thread to give her a shout out. Beautiful pictures

Having a cellular phone connected to a cell tower at all would be equally as incriminating, as far as giving away your location is concerned, and that would be necessary for data as well as calls or texts.

How far is the reserve from his house? Is it possible they could use walkie talkies? I know the ones we use at work are very low powered , I think 2 watts and they are useful for about 2 miles. I know there are much stronger ones and I realize the trees etc would certainly cut down on the range. Is there available technology to listen for radio waves?

How many hundreds or thousands of cell phone signals would that stingray need to differentiate between while those hundreds or thousands of LE reps are in the reserve taking selfies and checking their SM accounts? Needle in a haystack? JMOOOO
Have never heard of Stingray so had to look it up. Fascinating.

This map that tells you if police need a warrant to track your phone

A Stingray device, which is roughly the size of a suitcase, has been deployed by various law enforcement agencies, including the U.S. Marshals Service, in more than a dozen states. It works by effectively tricking cellphones into believing it’s a cell tower. Once a phone is connected, it gives police the ability to determine a caller’s location.
While federal agencies are restricted from conducting warrantless cellphone tracking, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has reportedly loaned Stingray equipment to local police departments in many states that can. The departments are asked to sign a nondisclosure agreement, which prevents them from revealing information about the equipment to the public.

Is that the case of the young man and woman that had just returned from a trip overseas lasting several months? She took her own life? I can't remember their names, but they too were blogging about their travels.

shades of Leanne are here for sure. Just bc of the SM I dug up her thread to give her a shout out. Beautiful pictures

I can’t stop trying to understand his parents. I am stuck at just giving them the benefit of the doubt that, at this point, they don’t know where he is. I don’t think they stocked up a cabin or campsite
For him and bought him a burned phone. I really don’t. LE would eventually have those records. Here’s one thought I had today -
What if BL came back to florida because he panicked and did as many do, return somewhere familiar and comfortable. Once he was there he had time with his family. Is it possible that time was , in his mind, a goodbye before committing suicide? He does seem like the type that could. He was in a seemingly codependent relationship with GP and at such a young age those feelings can be extremely powerful, even to young adults without mental health problems. (Romeo and Juliet anyone?). I’m not sure he would want to keep living. The other part of me also sees him
As an introvert who likes being away from busy towns so camping in the woods would be possible…for a time. He doesn’t have the resources to resupply easily. That’s the issue. Once he runs out of food/supplies he HAS to go into a town of some kind and he will be recognized anywhere. Ugh. I’m so confused
Ditto from an earlier post of mine....

I don't think he would be granted bond though. WFLA was discussing this today, and it was said on their live newscast that he most likely wouldn't be getting bail.

Brian Laundrie indictment reveals tragic timeline of the final days of Gabby Petito’s life | WFLA
Remember, everything you or anyone else suspects he's guilty of has to be proven. Setting an unusually high bond for the crime he's currently charged with could work against the prosecution should this matter wind up in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay