Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are reaching too far with this. No, it is not the reason BL's family hired an attorney and did not respond to BP's parents! Who even does that?! Gabby's parents are total victims in all this. Let's move on please.
Agreed. I just listened to Gabby’s dad’s interview with Dr. Phil and he says they called and texted ALL of the family members multiple times trying to find out where the “kids” were.

They were concerned that something happened to both of them and were trying to contact his family for ANY information. Those parents had to know SOMETHING was not right regardless of whatever story BL tried to give them. I sure wish we knew when that lawyer was hired, but it still probably wouldn’t change my opinion of them. Gabby’s parents were trying to find their child, and they couldn’t bother to answer a text? Please.
JMO.

Hoping this clears things up a bit. This is exactly what Gabby's dad said to Dr. Phil

Gabby's dad

"And then we started....we couldn't, we tried on the 10th to do.....they said that the missing person.....We finally got it on the 11th."

I think we can infer from this that they tried to file a missing persons report on the 10th but for whatever reason, couldn't be filed until the 11th.

My guess is he snapped. I think he told his parents and they told him to go home and they would figure it out. Or he told them once home. This is very sloppy on his part if he did it so I don’t see premeditation MOO

MOO.
My guess is that the incident on the 10th is simply GP’s dad asking for a welfare check on GP at the laundrie residence, her home.
Or trying to file a missing person report and giving the info that the laundrie residence is GP’s residence. Not having seen her driver’s license or the like, I have a suspicion that address is/was not her address of record.
Speculation

End Game? To avoid prison for the rest of his life. he could live a life "off-grid" and enjoy hiking etc...
You can get new identities, new SS cards, etc...it's nOT legal but probably beats prison.
He will end up in a medical facility, b/c I do think there is a very good chance he would be deemed incompetent. Now whether he chose not not to take prescribed meds and regulate, is another story. This is only amateur opinion and speculation

This is about BL behavior, not trying to discuss grandpa...

I can't shake the feeling that BL contacted the mom regarding the grandpa's behavior trying to contact GP.
Again that follows the actions of a man who bullies women.
Why not message the grandpa?
Hmm?
One more thing keeps popping into my head, but I can't remember it at the moment!
It will dawn on me soon!
MOO

Well the top of the police report the officer created is the same as the 911 call stating a male was hitting the female. I would hate to see dispatch getting blamed for any of this.
The caller said the gentleman was slapping a girl. RL is no gentleman. Are we sure they even found the right couple?

Agree totally. I keep thinking what is his end game here? Say he does hole up for 6 months, a year, whatever, then what? He'd have to try to get a new identity somehow. How does someone do that?

End Game? To avoid prison for the rest of his life. he could live a life "off-grid" and enjoy hiking etc...
You can get new identities, new SS cards, etc...it's NOT legal but probably beats prison.
He LOVES hiking and being outdoors prison would be worse than hell for him.

Whoops. Can tell I'm new. Here's my post but with a link to the article:

Another Woman Claims She Had Strange Encounter with Hitchhiking Brian Laundrie: Report

Norma Jean mentions that Brian picked up her bible when it slid off the dashboard... Could LE/FBI have been able to dust the book for his prints to corroborate her story? Or is "dusting for fingerprints" not as easy as Hollywood makes it seem (I'm guessing that's the case)?

I doubt his prints are on file unless he has a TSA PreCheck or something. They would only be able to compare the prints after they find him.

Snipped by me.
If he has a Lifestraw he'd be okay for water (though it would not taste at all good.) But there's no way he could have carried enough food with him in that backpack to last for weeks, along with the other gear he'd need to survive out there.

You don't need a lifestraw even if he's in FL or southern GA or similar areas. (though I would think he would have one)
Vitis tiliifolia grows wild everywhere not to mention the amounts of rain these areas get. Many many fruits grow wild that are primarily water. Plant transpiration is abundant. You can dig a still . Food is literally ALL over in FL. Fish, bugs, plants, nuts, berries.
Everyone in here going on and on about Lifestraws and Mountain food.
You don't have to pack anything - you just have to know what you're doing.

no. It’s a reddened area just above her right elbow.

it can be seen at several points in the body cam video. Eg. ca. minute marker 11:35.

Jmo.
I would give anything to know what's being said between about 10:25 and 11:00, which is totally muted. Were they talking about a medical condition or psychological state? Hers, or his?

And I still firmly believe that NOTHING those LE officers could have done legally that day would have broken them up and sent them their separate ways. Either one arrested (Him based on the 911 call, her based on corroborating interviews on the scene where BOTH of them said she was hitting him), the other would have filed the paperwork the next day to waive the no contact order and they would have gone on their way. The bottom line is that no matter how we evaluate it, the outcome will not be different. Whatever happened, ~2 weeks later, Gabby died. We may learn the circumstances, or we may never know. I wish the focus was more on what we DO know, and evaluating what we DO instead of a broken record of what we don't know, and making up our own theories filling in those blanks.

PERHAPS it is an opportunity for those officers and many others to learn more about those narcissistic relationships and how to identify them. But, being a narcissist is not against the law. And it is REALLY DIFFICULT to convince people in the throws of relationships with them to see the problems.

We don't know if LE did something different it would not have helped. We will not know now. If either was arrested maybe she would have said this is too much and cancelled the trip. If Gabby would have been correctly deemed to be a victim and taken to a woman's shelter, she may have gotten professional help. Maybe a professional would have said hey, You really need to call your mom and dad or your best friend and come clean to them. Anything, anything at all could have saved her life.

And we do know what happened on that stop. Those are facts.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are implying that maybe JP did something to 'provoke' the Laundries into seeking counsel on the 10th. Which I believe is based on an incorrect assumption.

The public service incident was recorded as JP making contact with the NPPD. It in no way indicates that JP made any sort of contact with the Laundries themselves nor that the Laundries initiated the incident report. Quite the opposite.

In fact, the Petitos, the Schmidts and the NPPD have repeatedly said they were unable to make contact with the Laundries. Unable to get them to even pick up the phone. Which does not support your theory, IMO.
It is just a theory. My only basis for it, and I have stretch to find one (devil's advocate is never popular, but is important), is that we don't have access to what that report includes since it is so heavily redacted-strange to me, and we don't know the dates that Gabby's family has claimed to establish contact. It may have been over the course of weeks, OR it all could have been on the 10th when folks decided something wasn't right. I have no idea, it was just a theory that I can't rule out just yet. I would like to rule this out.

Hoping this clears things up a bit. This is exactly what Gabby's dad said to Dr. Phil

Gabby's dad

"And then we started....we couldn't, we tried on the 10th to do.....they said that the missing person.....We finally got it on the 11th."

I think we can infer from this that they tried to file a missing persons report on the 10th but for whatever reason, couldn't be filed until the 11th.
Her mother said police “blew them off” on their first attempt.

But the above quote applies when hunting bail jumpers. BL hasn't jumped bail. There's a difference. The above link from the blog goes on to explain jumping bail violates a contract between the jumper and the bondsman. That's why a residence can be entered. That doesn't seem to apply here but I'm not an attorney.
JMO

gotcha, makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads