Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their behavior isn't consistent with not knowing what the hell is going on.

If he lied to them, perhaps saying Gabby left him, and that's why he's home without her, then 1, why did he have the van, and 2, why didn't they respond to Gabby's mom's calls? They would have been none the wiser and answered. IMO, they knew from the beginning. They pushed the sister out, so she's not implicated. They came up with a plan that included a 3-day camping ruse. They came up with a way to make it appear he left later to give him a headstart, hence the car parked at the reserve and now the extensive and very expensive searching. They met with their lawyer the minute he was charged with something. Now, they're walking around with poker faces.
Spot on. They know more than anyone else, apart from BL. They are 100% involved and their silence says so.
I don’t know why LE is so heavily focused on the reserve. I imagine they are going on more than just BL’s parents’ word.
Part of me believes BL is not in the reserve and that his parents bought him time by not reporting him “missing” for three days. The other part of me wonders what LE knows and why they continue to search the reserve extensively even after reporting that nothing has been found.

One would have to assume they did not know before. And, what we do know is that before he came home, his parents ignored her parents calls and texts. That leads me to believe they knew.
This is not true to the timeline. His parents ignored calls from her parents on Sep 10. He came home Sep 1. And their alleged trip was Labor Day, prior to Sep 10.

But the sudden appearance of the new camper indicates to me that there could have been pre-planning involved by the parents or it is a coincidence?

How do we know it was a sudden appearance? Maybe they had purchased it months ago and it was just ready for pick up? I can’t imagine why they would buy that as part of this situation. There are far better options for getting someone out of town discretely.

I'd like to know when they called the lawyer because my guess is that it was before he arrived home on 9/1. If this is the case, it confirms they knew. Doesn't confirm what they knew, but it confirms they knew something. I'm sure LE has these records and this may be one piece of info the public has not been told.

Last edited:
Yeah, left handed people have had to adapt to using their right hands for a lot of things. Like using scissors, opening jars, etc. Though for me, I have always held my utensils when eating with my left hand.
Left-handed people can do more with their right hands than right-handed people can do with their left hands. Testing has shown this.
BTW, I am right-handed.

All this imagery of BL being in swampland with mud, snakes, mosquitoes, bears, monkeys,...

Why no discussion of him possibly laying on the beach with a towel over his head sunning?

How about him on a boogie board and being out in the gulf all day watching everybody on shore?

How about him riding a skateboard around town with helmet, sunglasses, and Covid mask?

How about him stealing one of the old folks bikes in the high rise parking garages? Bike Would probably go unnoticed for a long time. Riding around town all day with helmet and mask and sun glasses?

If you knew your days were numbered, would you go live in a swamp when there are so many much nicer choices?

seriously.

Where would he go to hide in plain sight? How to get restaurant food delivered without being seen?

He may profess to be an outdoorsman, and if everybody is looking for him in the outdoors eating nuts and berries, where would be the smartest place for him to go in the open without being found out, and how would he do it?

Personally I would live on a beach, swimming and sunbaking by day and sleeping there at night. But I don't where or how I would find food. Maybe take many weeks' supply of health bars.

However, I wonder if LE checked all the closets in his parents' house. There have been several cases of people hiding in closets for years undetected.

The Girl Who Came Back From the Dead

Woman hides in man's closet for a year

Last edited:
Im curious if they found some of Gabbys clothing that she was wearing in the area where they are searching.
or valuables..
or a 'trophy'
Anything is still possible and the jury is going to be out for a very long time.
So many threads, I still have no idea of who this guy is or makes him tick..
The dV bodycam footage we've seen and flogged to death is not telling us who he is..
He wasn't beating her up 24/7 cos he would have become tired.

Who is he before that footage came to our attention and who is he now?
Is he a danger on the streets?
A psychopathic serial killer?
If we don't know who he is, how will we ever even take a crack at a guess as to where he might be holed up if alive and that's a very big IF..

I think they are trying to establish if / when BL was with them and when he was not any longer.

I don’t think they can legally access the parents financial or phone records at this point. So surveillance is the way to go even past surveillance.

But it tells me they may be questioning the parents account(s).
I think the warrant let them take all electronic devices.

Another MOO. It's public.

Personally I would live on a beach, swimming and sunbaking bay day and sleeping there at night. But I don't where or how I would find food. Maybe take many weeks' supply of health bars.

However, I wonder if LE checked all the closets in his parents' house. There have been several cases of people hiding in closets for years undetected.

The Girl Who Came Back From the Dead

Woman hides in man's closet for a year
You never know. Anything is possible at this point.

I think the warrant let them take all electronic devices.

Another MOO. It's public.
Which warrant? I saw the warrant for a specific electronic device’ eternal hard drive. I have not seen the warrant for the Friday fbi seizure. Is it public now? Do you have a link?

Since Covid, everything is done without human interaction.

Picture this:
BL goes into library, hat, mask, sunglasses. undetected.
uses library computer to rent a vacation home for a month.
Tells homeowner: I can pay you cash, can I put it in the mail to you or drop it by your house and put in mailbox? Thank you! Will do! Please leave the place open, and I will get keys off the counter on Tuesday at noon. Gives them b.s. data (if they ask) about who he is and what his address is.

never sees the owners.

and is right now having a great nights sleep in a cozy room watching them search the swamp for him.

ordering pizza and telling the pizza place: money will be left at the door, I have Covid. leave pizza on the porch.

no bears, no snakes, no monkeys, no swamp.

All this imagery of BL being in swampland with mud, snakes, mosquitoes, bears, monkeys,...

Why no discussion of him possibly laying on the beach with a towel over his head sunning?

How about him on a boogie board and being out in the gulf all day watching everybody on shore?

How about him riding a skateboard around town with helmet, sunglasses, and Covid mask?

How about him stealing one of the old folks bikes in the high rise parking garages? Bike Would probably go unnoticed for a long time. Riding around town all day with helmet and mask and sun glasses?

If you knew your days were numbered, would you go live in a swamp when there are so many much nicer choices?

seriously.

Where would he go to hide in plain sight? How to get restaurant food delivered without being seen?

He may profess to be an outdoorsman, and if everybody is looking for him in the outdoors eating nuts and berries, where would be the smartest place for him to go in the open without being found out, and how would he do it?

Great points and questions?

We are creatures of habit. What did his normal day look like? Where did he go? Who did he hangout with the most? The camping stuff had to have been secondary, unless his family totally supported all aspects of his life.

Re: his whereabouts, the mention of a beach, etc. - I'm thinking of the series The Mosquito Coast with Justin Theroux. In that make-believe world they crossed the border through slot canyons, well away from the border patrol. In that make-believe world it also took a backpack full of cash.

I woke up in the middle of the night (last night) thinking about the plane tickets (one-way or roundtrip) and I also thought of what he could have said to his parents to get them to buy into his version of what had happened. "She broke up with me and took off and I couldn't find her." Or "she broke up with me and I went looking for her and found her dead. I didn't do it but I know I'll be blamed for it." Those are the scenarios I can see them buying into upon his arrival back home with her van.

All my conjecture, opinion, ramblings, etc.

Which warrant? I saw the warrant for a specific electronic device’ eternal hard drive. I have not seen the warrant for the Friday fbi seizure. Is it public now? Do you have a link?
*external

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members