Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they absolutely knew that something was amiss and this was not the first time, with Brian. This was chronic.

I think he called them (probably hysterically) and told them what happened. Parents are supposed to stand by their children. I mean, seriously, that's the main role of a parent. They had something to do with it - even if they didn't believe him. My kids have occasionally mildly overstated their involvement in something (a good thing) and I think most kids do this.

Brian's parents reacted as parents do - to protect their kid. And now they're on a sluice ride down the mine into absolutely darkness - perhaps alleviated by finding Brian a temporary safe spot (not hotel room, but a trail).

They should not be blamed. But they are also partly responsible for the horrible vacuum in which Gabby's parents find themselves.

They have helped him (there's no question in my mind). No one knows what they've been through. Not talking to LE is good advice, from any lawyer (and something our legal system fails to address and probably never will - or least, not within the lifetime of anyone posting here). Street justice? It's a thing, but obviously not in this case.

These parents did not ask the right questions of Brian - if your theory. is true. Or, if they did, they didn't tell anyone.
BBM - I think so too which is why BL hightailed it home and they circled the wagons. He may have returned home earlier too (the storage unit trip) under crisis and the parents may have initially thought his Sept 1 return was similar. The million dollar question: what did BL say when they asked why he returned home alone, with the van, without Gabby. And why did they immediately seek counsel and clam up instead of communicating with Gabby's parents and LE.

This...chances are there's a good reason for this. They are never going to make everything public - especially while it's dominating the news cycle.

I haven't seen anything that says they are reducing the numbers or limiting the search, which would be likely at this point if they were clutching at straws.
BBM
searches have been reduced
Chase Campbell on Twitter
Just spoke with Josh Taylor, the PIO for the City of North Port about the search for #BrianLaundrie -If you haven’t seen a lot of activity from us video-wise around the reserve, it’s because this search is not using as much manpower. Very targeted search (1/2)
11:54 AM · Sep 25, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Chase Campbell on Twitter
-He couldn’t give an estimate of how many people were searching in the reserve today because it’s “fluid… teams coming and going”. This isn’t the broad-scale searching that’s gone on for the last week. Law enforcement has specific areas they’re concentrated on. Stay tuned (2/2)
11:54 AM · Sep 25, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Malique Rankin WTSP on Twitter
This morning, we really didn't see any law enforcement at Carlton Reserve. I asked NPPD when they would arrive. I was told today's search is smaller scale and they're already out there. #BrianLaundrie #GabbyPetito
12:45 PM · Sep 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Morning all! Something bugging me since the middle of the night—why did Gabbys mom file the missing persons report with NPPD and not in WY where she was last seen? I’m assuming it’s because they somehow found out that the van was back (maybe from the police visit)?
This in-depth article states -
"Nichole Schmidt: It was actually Friday, the 10th, that I decided to call police because I had had 10 days, 10 — almost 11 days was enough for me to not hear from my child. And I got the runaround. Nobody wanted to report her missing. She's an adult. She's traveling. … As a mother, I said it's not like her. Finally, that Saturday, I went personally to Suffolk County Fifth Precinct and a wonderful detective decided to take the case."
Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: " He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods"

Someone somewhere in this thread mentioned that BL might be hard to identify now with COVID. Put on a cap, mask and sunglasses and it’s hard to tell if it’s him (imo he has a distinct walk though). that’s true unfortunately.

It’s why people also need to pay attention to his hands and his tattoos. A mountain and vine tattoo on the same hand.

screenshot from instagram

Attachments

• B7959F92-8458-4EE4-9280-6EDCD033C301.jpeg
    B7959F92-8458-4EE4-9280-6EDCD033C301.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 115
Torres wrote that he and his daughter "offer our deepest condolences to the family of Gabby Petito," adding, "We are offering a reward of $5,000 for tips leading to an arrest."

Torres said Friday the reward he's offering had been raised to $10,000, thanks in part to help from people like Steve Moyer, the former deputy chief of police for Sarasota, Florida.

"Money gets people to talk," Moyer told CNN affiliate WZVN
$30,000 in rewards are available for tips leading to Brian Laundrie's arrest - KTVZ
*I’m impressed with how calm and deliberate Dog speaks in this video. Dude has certainly come a long way…
Dog vows to find Gabby's boyfriend as 'hottest lead' points to wilderness trail

Pirro criticized an unnamed “former seasoned law enforcement officer” who said domestic violence laws were not made for “people going through your town, or county.”

She added: “That was wrong. Domestic violence laws were made to protect domestic violence victims, wherever that crime occurs. Your address is irrelevant.”

The former district attorney then cited the Utah Code, adding officers’ “primary duty of care” when responding to a domestic violence call “to protect the victim.”

Pirro continued to quote the Utah Code, adding: “If the peace officer has probable cause to believe there will be continued violence against the alleged victim, the officer shall arrest and take the perpetrator into custody, shall means must.”
https://todayuknews.com/world-news/...-was-probable-cause-to-arrest-brian-laundrie/

While we understand (and see) the resemblance, we do not believe that this is Brian Laundrie. The card in question was taken prior to August 28 from a home in Pooler and does not belong to Gabby.
Pooler Police Department:

No reporter to my knowledge ever spoke of it. Granted he can't skate in the forest but one can make tracks skating away. But then the camper report came out and it seems like he would not take it. Yet, the skateboard IMO is still relevant. It was with them on the trip. It needs to be accounted for. That van was back for 11 days before anyone even knew to check and inventory its contents.

It may mean nothing. But, it gnaws at me. Where is that skateboard? Hmmm.
IMO BL used the skateboard to beat poor GP to death, but he could also maybe have used it to move the body like a kind of dolly. It would have been super awkward, but he might have tried.

PS For me, I don’t think he moved her that way, but rather she ran to get away from him, he caught up to her, and killed her on the spot, no moving involved.

On Fox News, Nancy Grace said they checked out of their Utah hotel due to wild fires. Anyone know anything about that? I remember Gabby told her dad they'd lost power once. Did that have to do with wildfires?

‘That concerns me’: Nancy Grace Scrutinizes Timeline in Gabrielle Petito’s Disappearance
I've seen nothing that suggests the any area of Salt Lake City power was directly effected by (Parleys Canyon) wildfire(s) activity. The idea that depature from the are a was the result of wildfire(s) is a 'could be' as air quality was threated around that time. ( Air will be smoky in northern Utah through at least Monday due to California wildfires )

Does anyone know if the debt ceiling deadline affects FBI investigations should the Federal government be forced to shut down? I know local and FL state would continue, but I think the investigating we can't see will be more vital to this case, and is being done by the FBI. MOO

This...chances are there's a good reason for this. They are never going to make everything public - especially while it's dominating the news cycle.

I haven't seen anything that says they are reducing the numbers or limiting the search, which would be likely at this point if they were clutching at straws.
Yesterday, unfortunately, they did say something to the effect of scaling back, using less people, but I’m afraid the link was a couple of threads ago and I’m not sure I can find it now. EDIT: Another poster just posted the information and link regarding reduced searches. See post # 482 @ChasingKaty

@woods: Is it possible that BL is in the Appalachian Mountains?
————-
Prior thread above

If he is, he should stick to the AT or government forests in general. Getting onto someone’s private property could be a big no-no since many people are pretty protective of their lands and don’t want strangers crossing them. Being greeted with a shotgun is not out of the question on private land.

I doubt if he took off with enough provisions in that backpack but perhaps they were stored someplace for him to pick up (not buying it). A lot of money might not of helped in some areas. It makes more sense that he is tucked away in a cabin in an obscure area with plenty of supplies. Staying indoors would make him a lot less noticeable than wandering around. Renting something a different name would have probably been doable if he/family have a false ID — or did someone help?

His parents do not strike me as people who are concerned their son is in danger. Their call to LE was a CYA move on their part after baby was in a good place. While I admit there’s a possibility he is in that reserve, the percentage is very low. If they took their fun little camper trip on the third or after his return he has had plenty of time to settle in and get relaxed. And even travel on his own (bus) with no one thinking a thing about it.

MOO

edit for typos

I've seen nothing that suggests the any area of Salt Lake City power was directly effected by (Parleys Canyon) wildfire(s) activity. The idea that depature from the are a was the result of wildfire(s) is a 'could be' as air quality was threated around that time. ( Air will be smoky in northern Utah through at least Monday due to California wildfires )
Air quality was a disaster in the area at the time as I passed through SLC on my way to Tahoe to swim across Lake Tahoe at that time. It was very bad and my swim was doubtful even in Tahoe, which actually was clearer. I could see why it would be air quality, in SLC you could hardly see anything on a few days.

Does anyone know if the debt ceiling deadline affects FBI investigations should the Federal government be forced to shut down? I know local and FL state would continue, but I think the investigating we can't see will be more vital to this case, and is being done by the FBI. MOO
Shutdowns only affect non-essential employees. Most of the government continue to work.

Air quality was a disaster in the area at the time as I passed through SLC on my way to Tahoe to swim across Lake Tahoe at that time. It was very bad and my swim was doubtful even in Tahoe, which actually was clearer. I could see why it would be air quality, in SLC you could hardly see anything on a few days.
Any resulting power outages of which you are aware (as that was the initial inquiry/thought here)? I know of nothing like that... but, heck, you were right there. Hope your swim went well... very cool.

On Fox News, Nancy Grace said they checked out of their Utah hotel due to wild fires. Anyone know anything about that? I remember Gabby told her dad they'd lost power once. Did that have to do with wildfires?

‘That concerns me’: Nancy Grace Scrutinizes Timeline in Gabrielle Petito’s Disappearance
We’ve had terrible air quality related to many fires in the west. As far as I’m aware none have been near the airport and none would have caused power outages in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro