Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they either have, or expect to have, something to match DNA to. As opposed to just...BL himself. Interesting.

Such as evidence they have found or a body that has been found? If a person does not have dental records on file, not saying that BL doesn't, they would of course have to use DNA to identify a body. Hopefully it's evidence and he is still alive somewhere to suffer the consequences of his actions. IMO.

I've seen nothing that suggests the any area of Salt Lake City power was directly effected by (Parleys Canyon) wildfire(s) activity. The idea that depature from the are a was the result of wildfire(s) is a 'could be' as air quality was threated around that time. ( Air will be smoky in northern Utah through at least Monday due to California wildfires )

Thanks. If it's even true, you might be right about it being due to smoke. It made me think that maybe this was the reason Gabby was in the hotel -- with or without Brian. Maybe they slowed their trip down due to visibility or any fire hazard. I couldn't think of why else they'd be in Utah for so long. Just speculating.

Apologies if this has already been shared. It is from a day or so ago. States that they are using a heat seeking drone… wonder if that is where the mysterious footage could’ve come from? It has FLIR, can scan 25 mile radius, can be 18 miles away from operator. Provided by Lee County Sheriffs office. The drone is called The Dragonfish. I’ll link below.

Dragonfish detail
AUTEL Dragonfish - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

ETA- article about the drone acquisition by Lee County.
Lee County Sheriff first to ‘Command the Future’ with a Dragonfish - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

Last edited:
Air quality was a disaster in the area at the time as I passed through SLC on my way to Tahoe to swim across Lake Tahoe at that time. It was very bad and my swim was doubtful even in Tahoe, which actually was clearer. I could see why it would be air quality, in SLC you could hardly see anything on a few days.

I wonder if it could be why they might have parked the van and went to a hotel for a week. Who want to film great videos in smoggy like air?

I think the GPS can be disabled. That alone would be evidence if it had been done recently.
I've seen this come up several times. Are you speaking of something installed by LE, or something already on the vehicle? I'm not sure most cars have a GPS system built in. Can you point me to some article or information about this? So far, from what I can tell, GPS is one way, to be used for a nav system. To my mind, it wouldn't be something that transmits or tracks the car's location that you could later retrieve.

As with anything, someone could certainly find a way to disable just about any system. I have no idea if the L family cars even have this type of system to begin with.
Was it ever stated that the cars did in fact have GPS recording in them?

What they had to go off of was the 911 call stating that he was slapping her. The officers report he created says that. But for some reason LE decided to treat Gabby as the abuser and threaten her with arrest and put her in the back of a police car. Despite her showing them how he grabbed her face, had visible hand prints and scratches from being smacked, stealing her phone, keys, and locking her out of her van. Forcing her to climb through the window to avoid be stranded there? The officers had all that information and couldn't figure out that violence on her part was self defense and reactionary to the situation?

I'm a LE family and will defend them to a fault. Not these guys.

Did you get a sense that shortcuts were taken because it was less work for them? I did but I'm not sure I don't think like that at the best of times because I , too grew up among them, different country, same story.

If I'm wrong about that I really do think they did the best they could under the circumstances, the best they knew how and they showed kindness. And we've tossed it to death, I know but kindness is not a common thing in these interactions.
Having said that I have not studied their specific protocols so I don't know if they broke them or not.

I only defend them if I know they're right which is only about 1% of the time.
This might be one of those times.

The FBI entered the Laundrie house for 3 minutes. According to their attorney: The FBI requested some personal items belonging to Brian Laundrie to assist them with DNA matching and Brian’s parents provided the FBI with what they could.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1442184197125382156?s=21
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1442184197125382156?s=21

"DNA matching"? To compare with evidence found on GP's crime scene or... to identify someone's remains?
Please God, not the latter!

MOO JMOO

I've seen this come up several times. Are you speaking of something installed by LE, or something already on the vehicle? I'm not sure most cars have a GPS system built in. Can you point me to some article or information about this? So far, from what I can tell, GPS is one way, to be used for a nav system. To my mind, it wouldn't be something that transmits or tracks the car's location that you could later retrieve.

As with anything, someone could certainly find a way to disable just about any system. I have no idea if the L family cars even have this type of system to begin with.
Was it ever stated that the cars did in fact have GPS recording in them?
I think some may be commingling “GPS “ with EDR data.

The FBI at Laundrie’s house this morning is bugging me.

They were only there for 4 minutes. That’s barely any time & I can’t stop wondering what could be achieved in 4 minutes
  • Quick case update?
  • Advice to lay low during Gabby’s memorial?
  • Subpoena issued?
They wouldn’t be giving a case update to the parents of the man they are pursuing.

Previously, they asked for items to assist the tracking dogs with finding him. If they stopped by this morning to ask for a known DNA sample, it sounds like a body has been located, IMO.
They found a decomposed body last night, we were posting about it here, no ID, seemed like a longshot at the time, 'cos everything does..

I would have my loved one cremated if there was a looming court case. That way, the defense cannot petition to have the remains dug up and re-examined. They usually do not need to do this, because the evidence they truly need is well documented by the ME, but it isn’t uncommon that they insist on it. And who wants to go through that, and then a re-internment? So cremating her remains was a good idea in my mind.

It works the other way, too. The prosecution might need to take another look. I would not do the cremation because, either side might need it, and if the defense is innocent, I would want that proved as well as if they were guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member