Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"RP (reporting party) states seeing a male hit a female, domestic," the dispatcher states at around 4:38 p.m. MT on the day of the incident. "He got into a white Ford Transit van, has a black ladder on the back, Florida plate."

So the investigating officers should have used the information given to them by dispatch to arrest BL for DV regardless of any other contradictory evidence they obtained later on?

Gabby Petito case: Dispatch recordings show Utah police were told male struck female

Yes I thought that by the time he got back to his parent's home any possible scratches he received may have gone otherwise he could have worn clothes to cover them up. Otherwise, his parents would have wondered where he got them from. OR, he may have told his parents, "Look what Gabby did to me!"

They were also living in small quarters, engaging in terrain-based activities regularly as part of their lifestyle.

I don't think scratches / marks would have garnered much, if any, attention due to the lifestyle they were leading.

I showed my husband the crime scene photos and he says the orange paint marks are used in 3-D modeling photography. Ostensibly, the FBI may have taken photos that can be used for a complete animation of the crime scene including the position of all evidence and may also use the model to demonstrate and test what they believe may have occurred in sequence. We may see this model at the trial, if there is one.

That makes a lot of sense. And makes my stomach hurt at the thought of it.....

This is a very good post and brings up another very good point. There is no evidence that the witness Officer Pratt spoke with ever called 911. The one and only call could be the one that was released and the caller could have been gone from the scene by the time Officer Pratt arrived. From the report:

"... It wasn't clear, but I believe it was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female. I heard other officers report they were off to look for the vehicle, and being that I had to pass the Moonflower in order to get to Main St, I stopped there to see if any witnesses were still in the area. I found one, identified as Chris. I took down his phone number and left the scene ..."
READ IT: Police report from disturbance involving Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie

He never says that this witness also called it in. Seems more like the witness was simply one of a number of persons who was there and witnessed it.

The witness accounts have been discussed so much and the story of who said what and when and how many has changed often so I'm totally confused. And I've never been able to figure out who "Chris" is.

Also, from a couple of posts here, it looks like the witness account of him hitting her is not reliable?

Well anyway, this quote from the news link above makes me sad, because IMO that's not exactly how it went down:

"He told Petito to take a walk to calm down but she began slapping him. Petito grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van. He tried to lock her out but she opened the driver's door and forced her way over him and into the vehicle before it drove off."

By now the reality of being on the run must really be sinking in. The adrenaline rush is over, and fear is probably settling in. If he doesn't have a good plan and a good support system, the cracks are going to expose him pretty soon IMO.

BBM.

Have they, though?

I think a lot of assumptions / accusations are being thrown around based on our perceptions of how they should be behaving in this situation.

Just because they're not chatting up a storm on major news networks to satisfy our curiosity doesn't mean they haven't been cooperative with LE.
Yeah. Well, generally when an officer, FBI or otherwise confronts you, you're likely to be cooperative, even if lawyered up.

The problem with CL & RL is a woman is dead and the only way to get their cooperation in the investigation is to pursue them.

Some (a lot?) of us feel that is a problem. We want to see them more eager to help bring GP's killer to justice, even if that means a terrible loss for themselves.

So yeah, maybe those of us unhappy with the L family have legit reasons to be.

If their son had been murdered and GP & her family stonewalled, that would be wrong, too.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
They could be looking for mixed DNA samples(?)… maybe that’s why they took a bath sponge. ?? Just guessing.

Does BL actually strike you as the type of guy who uses bath sponges and lip balm?
Nah. He's a dirty guy and "can't not be dirty".

JMO, based on his own words.

I agree with whoever said it's probably underwear in that bag. But actually we don't know if he bothered with that either.

They may not have followed the law IF they found it was DV. But they decided it was a mental health issue. The law doesn't require a mandatory arrest or citation in those cases. And that's a very good thing.

I understand some people believe GP would have suddenly "seen the light" if BL was arrested. I have no reason to believe that's true myself. But regardless, we can't expect LE to arrest people based on single calls to 911 from random citizens, can we? And what the officers could see without benefit of hindsight didn't seem to support arresting BL. Maybe GB could have been arrested (since she "confessed") but I can't see why anyone would have thought that should be done.
JMO

The officers kept saying "you are not under arrest" to Gabby. If only they had taken her to a "safe place" just to get composure. The other officer could bring Brian. I truly believe they might have learned more, and Gabby might have been more forthright in her actual feelings that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE