Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were also living in small quarters, engaging in terrain-based activities regularly as part of their lifestyle.

I don't think scratches / marks would have garnered much, if any, attention due to the lifestyle they were leading.
And had she not allegedly just crawled through a vehicle window to enter the vehicle.

The audio appears to contradict earlier reports that the responding officers in Moab City, Utah were unaware of a call from a witness who claimed to have seen Laundrie slapping Petito in their white Ford transit van before driving off.

'RP (reporting party) states seeing a male hit a female, domestic,' the dispatcher told police at around 4.38pm local time, according to the audio, first obtained by Fox 13. 'He got into a white Ford Transit van, has a black ladder on the back, Florida plate.'

'Phone number is [redacted], name’s [redacted],' the dispatcher responds at 4:42 p.m. 'I’m not sure [inaudible], but the female who got hit, they both, the male and the female, both got into the van and headed north.'
Utah cops WERE told Brian Laundrie had 'hit' Gabby Petito before pulling couple over | Daily Mail Online
Yes.....
I was going over this earlier. The information appears to contradict earlier reports that the responding officers in Moab City were unaware of a call from a witness who claimed to have seen Laundrie slapping Gabby...

This really bothers me.....

No to be unkind to the situation, but is there any benefit to rehashing the LE encounter from 8/12? Whether the cops acted correctly or not has no bearing on what we can do from here to help further the case.
The news just came out, today or yesterday, IIRC that the dispatcher did relay the essence of the 911 call to the cops on ground there. That's what brought it up again. That, incredibly, everything was done knowing he had hit her, slapping and hitting her FIRST. Until now, a lot of posters have said, "well the police didn't know anything about the 911 call". But OH yeah they sure did. That's the part we should quit stating, that they didn't know. THEY DID.

I'm not that poster, but go ahead and watch the cop cam. He dismissed her efforts at her "little blog", while playfully typing in the air with his own fingers. He called her "crazy" to the cops and said he was so worried that she would take the van and her phone, which was projection because that's exactly why she fought back, to stop him from stealing her vehicle. He demeaned her in a dozen ways...he is the staid one, always trying to hold her off until SHE calms down. All of this after there was a 911 call saying he was beating on her, slapping and hitting her in the street.

good point - I didn't think of his behaviour in front of the cops

I don't really blame LE. Hindsight is the easiest thing in the world to jump to when making conclusions after the fact. I actually thought they played everything by the book. They couldn't arrest anybody - however they made the most sensible suggestion to split the two people apart for the night. They did not have to do this - they could have simply took this to be a domestic issue - which they all deal with day in and day out. They didn't. They realised that the couple were not in a normal communal situation, with no friends or family about, and they made the best call that they could do. If you think LE were going to do a stake-out on this couple, you really need to educate yourselves on the time and manpower that this would take. It normally takes 6 to 7 people to properly track what one person is doing. That would have meant 14 LE staff were simply watching these two. That manpower is simply not available. Added to the fact that 80 percent of DV cases end up without anyone eventually pressing charges. We can all sit and judge, but until we do, it's only fair to think how we would manage the resources that we've got? 'After the fact' is the easiest thing to comment on. 'During the fact' is far more relevant and important.
This is my point. They did a great job. It’s really unfair to judge the work of law enforcement here.

Not necessarily. But it was misrepresented in the police report, and seemingly not taken into account at all.
I'm not sure if you think the officers should have arrested BL or not based on the information given by the dispatch.

Me too. Didn't he point out that was his ex-wife? Implication being that he got rid of her because she was nutso like Gabby. Yeah, yeah I know he didn't say nutso, but that was the meaning. WOMEN!!

Has it been established that the LE does in fact have an ex-wife?

Referencing an ex-wife, even if he doesn't have one (LE can lie to get a confession), was IMO a tactic for the officer to quickly 'bond' with BL, over a shared experience.

It is not proof that the officer is a misogynist, shows males favoritism, or was derelict in his duty.

The samples with Brian's DNA:

I think it's to match up to DNA found at the crime scene ...maybe something that was not on Gabby's person, like an oddly placed sharp rock...

Or, you don't suppose they found some decomposed human remains in that swamp and need to identify?

Just thinking out loud.

Either of these scenarios could be true!
It could also be that they have found items of interest somewhere in the swamp that are not in the form of remains- and maybe they want to test to see if he has actually been out there?

AMOO MOO JMO
How often is that maximum actually carried out? And is that on general speed zones or unique situations like construction or school zones?

It would likely be considered reckless driving.
If you add to that a charge DV, it isn't crazy to think someone would be arrested until someone bailed them out.

AMOO JMO MOO

As I said, seems that poor judgement is the thread that connects virtually every single individual involved in this matter. Plenty of “blame” so-to-speak to go around… nobody seems to have exclusive rights to it.
Telling an adult child what to do or who to date is a losing battle. It also means she would be less likely to reach out to them for help. BL is responsible for his actions. I think the documentation of their time on the road shows a loving couple. When we see police cam footage from officers responding to an assault we get another picture of what is going on. Gabby’s death makes people wonder how she could have been saved. I don’t think anyone besides the killer could have changed the outcome. If she had come home safely either with him or on her own, we wouldn’t be talking about how LE officers handle domestic violence or signs family and friends don’t see because they might not know to look. Unfortunately it took her death to make this a national discussion.

Apparently it’s offensive to some and thought to be telling of what/how police should carry out their function.
Most likely, it 's a group of people concerned at the death of a very young woman in horrid circumstances, (left to die alone, out in a National Park ) and merely having strong opinions on a variety of positions in regard to the perpetrator, the law, police , technology, the parents, the young woman herself, and life in general.

Murder is offensive, whatever bias one may hold about the victims, usually women, at the hands of men, it still is highly offensive whichever position one chooses to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE