Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding an offender's DNA on a victim's body is circumstantial. Matching a bullet found in a victim to a gun owned by an offender is circumstantial. Evidence of decomposition is circumstantial. The best evidence out there is circumstantial.

I disagree. Circumstantial evidence is not the best evidence at all.

An eye witness, a confession, DNA on the body that otherwise no connection to the body. Those are examples of best evidence and they are not always 100% reliable.

For this case, the manner of death will determine the best type of evidence.

If BL is indeed on the App Trail, how did he get there? It would be quite a hike indeed if he actually started his hike for life in Fla.
(Running behind, as usual.)
Please let today bring a Big Breakthrough!!

I’m wondering —as BL hasn’t been charged with homicide, but only bank fraud — how much leeway the FBI has in searches, regarding trails, campground cabins, abandoned properties, storage units, etc.

JMO pretty sure they can search as long as there's a warrant to do so no matter where it may be, it's now a federal case.

Also, from NYTIMES re: Wyoming: Piled Bodies, Overflowing Morgues: Inside America’s Autopsy Crisis (Published 2020)

There are coverage deserts, huge (mostly rural) parts of America that lack ready access to autopsies or trained death investigators. For a month in 2015, anyone who died in Montana had to be transported to South Dakota or Washington if an autopsy was needed; in Wyoming, bodies often have to cross state lines because there are no forensic pathologists nearby.

ETA: I’m not sure if this is relevant to this case; I’m sure they have a qualified person on this high-profile case. But it’s concerning that not every death receives the same treatment. And something to remember whenever we discuss autopsies.
I believe in some cases a family can also request and pay for a private second autopsy/opinion?

MOO, they deserve some of the harassment. But not any direct harm that is against the law. That’s what happens when a family member does a morally wrong thing and is supported. Because the law can’t touch them
I can say unequivocally, if this were my street/neighborhood, regardless of what my neighbors may have been accused/guilty of I’d have a problem with the circus this has created. The loss of privacy, inconvenience & increased traffic plus noise disturbances, etc affects everyone around them, not just the Laundries. It’s invasive, disruptive, voyeuristic & most importantly unproductive. Imho.

Josh Benson on Twitter
MONDAY SEARCH. Per @JoshTaylorPIO : "I don’t think you’re going to see those large scale types of efforts this week. The FBI is now leading the search. I’m told, It will be scaled back and targeted based on intelligence." (1/2) #BrianLaundrie #GabbyPetito
9:39 AM · Sep 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Josh Benson on Twitter
"Hopefully, water will lower in areas hard to currently access. Specific questions about the search will now need to be directed to them. NPPD will continue to assist based on their direction. Unfortunately, that also means interviews need to run through them too." (2/2)
9:39 AM · Sep 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

That may be the most popular narrative and could very well be correct. However, that theory does have many assumptions in it. A defense attorney will suggest other scenarios.

Gabby being with him does not make him the killer.

Gabby being found dead just means she was found dead. Later her death was listed as homicide but no suspect has been announced.

Gabby may have told him to leave with the van and a credit card for gas.

Both seem to have expressed frustration with physicality.

I do believe he is connected with her death but I acknowledge it is not yet a proven fact.

Problem being once she is deceased, it can't be proven if he ever had permission to use the card on the trip home. His disappearance, aggressive behavior at the restaurant, the 911 call reporting him slapping her and BL taking the van and driving home leaving her alone all adds up and not in his favor. If they have any evidence, such as DNA at the scene, he is screwed. IMO.

If BL is indeed on the App Trail, how did he get there? It would be quite a hike indeed if he actually started his hike for life in Fla.
(Running behind, as usual.)
Please let today bring a Big Breakthrough!!

There's no way he's on the AT and hasn't been spotted yet. It's an extremely popular trail especially this time of year. Someone familiar with that trail (like BL) would never do that if they wanted to go unseen, jmo.

definitely, but a lot of them may have also relied on family members to take care of it for them. I have family in their late 50s still using flip phones and it’s not for a lack of trying either. some people just don’t get or have the patience to use technology these days. /JMO
Like ME. lol. Landline, here. Laptop, and that's it. Simplicity is vital for my sanity. JMO

As many of us have been saying for a while now, he is not hiding in Carlton Reserve and he never was. The conditions there are not survivable for this long and it's ridiculous how insistent some people are that he's in there just happily "gathering berries and drinking rainwater" in a fetid, flooded swamp for the third straight week.

My bet is that he's done a lot to change his appearance and he's on the Appalachian Trail.
I am not sure why you replied to my post with this when I said "he could easily be 50 yards off a trail anywhere ". Where exactly do you get that I said he was in the Carlton Reserve from my post?

I don't think so, up until now they haven't done that in such a tight circle -- they have meandered around the park more, checking out the trails, etc. This was SUPER focused and I don't think it was just because they were up there burning fuel waiting for something to happen.

Was anyone watching the live stream while it was doing that?

Newbie here! Can someone post the link for the live stream mentioned?

I believe that the parents went to Orlando to testify before a grand jury. I also believe they will be arrested today. Just my hunch based on nothing! imo.

Google says the federal court house is 3 miles from the library. Other possibilities, obtain FL licensed attorney, and/or meet with FBI.

The Tex-Mex place has their receipt. They even shared that the total was about $60.
Can you source this? I could have sworn I read the receipt shared was for the couple who came forward with their story of the sighting, not Brian or Gabby’s transaction.

ETA: it was not gabby or Brian’s receipt

Angelo and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were traveling through Wyoming in late August to attend a friend's wedding.

England provided a credit card statement to Fox News which indicates that he spent $60.88 at the Tex-Mex joint on August 27
.”

Last edited:
Also, from NYTIMES re: Wyoming: Piled Bodies, Overflowing Morgues: Inside America’s Autopsy Crisis (Published 2020)

There are coverage deserts, huge (mostly rural) parts of America that lack ready access to autopsies or trained death investigators. For a month in 2015, anyone who died in Montana had to be transported to South Dakota or Washington if an autopsy was needed; in Wyoming, bodies often have to cross state lines because there are no forensic pathologists nearby.

ETA: I’m not sure if this is relevant to this case; I’m sure they have a qualified person on this high-profile case. But it’s concerning that not every death receives the same treatment. And something to remember whenever we discuss autopsies.

ETA: thank you to @Which_pancake for finding the information about Gabby’s Forensic Pathologist: WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

There is a significant shortage of forensic pathologists.

However, Gabby's autopsy seem to have been performed in a very timely manner.

JMO pretty sure they can search as long as there's a warrant to do so no matter where it may be, it's now a federal case.
So the warrants would be issued, then? Do you think they’re conducting searches of these types of things, or just believing he’s outside on trails somewhere? I do hope they’re not limiting the searches….

No idea. I haven’t watched who he’s following, just noticed that the number changed. I bet the FBI knows though. I bet they already know who his most recently followed account is and when he requested it. He will be caught, and I bet you social media will be the reason why.

It was social media that helped find Gabby so quickly, so yeah it wouldn't surprise me at all that social media becomes his downfall. imo For his age he seems to immature and out of touch with reality, like college, getting his own apartment, working a living salary job. He was like a kid in a grown up body.

It seems to be a trend of youth nowadays. Being a influencer doesn't seem like a career/job, it seems like a way of making money only, no real future to it, just a fad that will eventually fade when a new fade replaces it. jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay