Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for anyone with DNA knowledge. And WARNING ⚠️ it's a graphic one.

Let's say that I was eaten by an alligator in the swamp and the FBI knows the basic area that I was eaten in. Could they test the muck for my DNA because my blood would most likely be present in it.

IMHO no. First of all, DNA would get chewed up by the abundant micro flora pretty quickly, and second, it would most likely be too diluted to find efficiently.

Something I did not understand in the police body cam footage was when Gabby said they were fighting since he doesn't believe her vlog will be a success. I mean those may have been words of anger because take a step back and ask yourself who is the one taking all her pics and videos? Was that not him supporting her? p.s. this is not victim blaming , I am just trying to point something out.

Imo, most of the videos she is using a stick or the camera is propped up. He may have taken some photos but he isn't needed for that either.

I am starting to wonder if his parents really do know anything about his whereabouts, they may just have no idea how to act in this situation. It’s a very weird situation to be in I’m really not sure what I would or wouldn’t do. If they are hiding Brian they have to know where he is and are in comms with him wouldn’t the police or fbi caught that?

I noticed that too....which is why I dont think Brian was a psychopath or anything like that.

MOST of the beautiful travel photos we are now looking at were taken by BRIAN. He also helped save money for the trip and help build out the van. It was their dream, but maybe after 4-5 months (two trips) Brian was questioning their ability to make a living from it. This obviously created a lot of stress. He probably had a hand in her death, but just dont think he meant to kill her.

I am beginning to think his parents had a big influence in his decision to run, escape accountability. They had 10 days to influence him. And at any time they could have answered phone calls. I think Brian's focus on autism on his on line media might have some relevance.
Where are you finding this information that all of those photos were taken by Brian? Just curious. Do you have a link?

According to a woman with a bullhorn, she mentioned on reporter Brian Entin's twitter page that they are only using them once an hour or so (to avoid annoying the neighbours), but still...

Once an hour is still annoying. My 15 month old takes one 3-4 hour nap. I'd be pissed if something like that woke him up. I understand their right to be there, but realistically, it's not going to do anything.

Thanks so much for saying this.
I agree that "Van Life" is a movement, a whole different "movement" than anything we've seen before. And it's absolutely not a response to lack of affordable housing. It's hip and it's young. As far as I can tell, these are not a penniless subset of the homeless population. They use restaurants, go to bars, etc. IME it's actually not cheap to do what they're doing, even if they spend zero for rent.

The last time I did significant roaming in my car (a Honda Element with a DIY bed), most everyone living in a van was over 62, because 62+ with lifetime National Park passes can camp for 1/2 price in any Federal campgrounds (TVA, BLM, USFS, NP....). For some, it's a lifestyle choice, for others necessity because seniors often have a difficult time getting employed or keeping employment, and then they can't afford rent. Many of these folks are "connected", but many aren't SM oriented. Many are just surviving.

IMO "vanlife" is not like the hippy movement, either. My experience was that hippies were just a different genre of regular people. (Alot of my friends were once hippies, and eventually became attorneys, psychologists, doctors..... lol) It was a counter-culture. It was a time of great change and challenge to the ways we had always done things before. There was the Vietnam War, the murder of MLK and RFK, more professional opportunity for women, a desire for smaller families, environmentalism, etc....

For one, there's a huge difference between "van vacationers" and "van lifers" but they are being used interchangeably in these posts. They should be separated. BL and GP were van vacationers. They were not van lifers. This trip had a proposed start and a proposed end (when they would have presumably gone back home).

That's a world of difference when compared to those actually living a "van life". Which it is absolutely a response to lack of affordable housing. If you all could see my social media feeds as a 40's person (and I had my eldest child very young so she's the tail end of millennial - hers is the same) maybe you would understand.

People, ADULTS, have no where to live that is affordable. These aren't penniless subsets of a homeless population. They are gainfully employed adults with mountains of student debt and one of the worst income to housing costs ratios we've ever seen. One of my friends who has PhD in psych just bought property with three of my other friends (one who is a professor) and they're starting a communal living group with shipping container homes. Not because it's trendy or hip but because they are in their late 30's and 40's living with mom and dad.

I noticed that too....which is why I dont think Brian was a psychopath or anything like that.

MOST of the beautiful travel photos we are now looking at were taken by BRIAN. He also helped save money for the trip and help build out the van. It was their dream, but maybe after 4-5 months (two trips) Brian was questioning their ability to make a living from it. This obviously created a lot of stress. He probably had a hand in her death, but just dont think he meant to kill her.

I am beginning to think his parents had a big influence in his decision to run, escape accountability. They had 10 days to influence him. And at any time they could have answered phone calls. I think Brian's focus on autism on his on line media might have some relevance.
Interesting, less-common perspective. And I have to agree, IMO even a quick brunch with an Instagram-happy friend can be a real PITA.

I personally don’t see that happening. Can you imagine that the person at the shop writing that message on a note to deliver flowers wouldn’t tell the cops?
It is possible people are sending them junk eg. is there really McDonald's in that bag or a heap of dog poop? Honestly did they order themselves McDonald's? Highly doubt it. Is someone spending a bit of cash to send the flowers and stick them with a rude message, or do they actually have a family friend who sent that to cheer them up? It could even be media, just to get them to come to the door and receive the delivery so they can see them.

I am starting to wonder if his parents really do know anything about his whereabouts, they may just have no idea how to act in this situation. It’s a very weird situation to be in I’m really not sure what I would or wouldn’t do. If they are hiding Brian they have to know where he is and are in comms with him wouldn’t the police or fbi caught that?
If that's the case, they should have been forth coming from day one. If that's the case today, they still have a chance to redeem themselves by saying, "We honestly don't know, we are very sorry, blah, blah. They need to make a statement. The radio silence is appalling and I get angrier each day, they don't make a statement. I don't buy that for a minute. They are protecting him 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob