Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can say unequivocally, if this were my street/neighborhood, regardless of what my neighbors may have been accused/guilty of I’d have a problem with the circus this has created. The loss of privacy, inconvenience & increased traffic plus noise disturbances, etc affects everyone around them, not just the Laundries. It’s invasive, disruptive, voyeuristic & most importantly unproductive. Imho.
I agree that as a neighbor it would be very annoying and it’s unfair to the neighbors who had nothing to do with this situation. It’s possible it’s not unproductive though. Societal/peer pressure can be a powerful motivator to certain people. JMO.

For hippies, it was also necessary for them to leave their parents' homes. In my own case, I left at 18, but knew many kids in high school who went homeless/hippy at 15 or 17. One was my best friend since 4th grade. Hippies were not all the same in their motivations either. But people could recognize them by their homelessness and raggedy appearance. Some among them were super religious, some among them walked barefoot, some wore dreadlocks - but the majority were just homeless kids who lived next to bus stations and train stations or in bushes near where rivers flowed out to the beaches. There was no housing they could afford, either. In fact, I'd say that it's easier now to find a minimum wage job than it was back then (my own home town had about 1/10 the restaurants and motels as it does now...you had to know someone to get a fast food job).
There was a serious affordable housing crisis in the 70's, as well. We lived in groups of 4-5 people (before cities passed ordinances disallowing it).
I think people forget that corporal punishment of children was permitted in the 70's, in nearly all states, that parents tried to exercise extremely strict control over every aspect of their kids' lives and teens did not get given cars in the same percentages as now. Hitchhiking at freeway on ramps was legal, so there were encampments up and down every freeway in California - but many of the kids came from inland states.
If Van Life isn't a movement, then neither were the hippies. In my professional opinion. Van Life became way. more popular when Alex Honnold revealed his van, his life style, etc. I have interviewed many young men who adore Alex and want to be just like him (and they're making good progress - I just managed to talk to an older climber about the whole situation, as he is a person who allows Van Lifers to stay on his property near Yosemite). There. are entire documentaries about this movement and the principles they think guide it.
Not everyone living in a van is a Van Lifer, but people who use #VanLife as their hash tag to monetize their experience are indeed an economic and cultural force, which is what a cultural movement is, by definition.
Here is a link to an academic article that discusses the main components of VanLife:
Van Life: A Creative Exploration of Contemporary Nomadism

In the 60's it *was* primarily teenagers and young people that couldn't afford their own housing / didn't want to live at home - mostly because of political clashes with parents. The average age of "hippies" was 16-24. Of course 16-24 year olds couldn't afford to buy their own house.

The average age of a van lifer is 48 from several surveys (including NY Times). These aren't rebellious hippies leaving home. I'm not going to get into a huge drawn out thing but your impression of monetizing via hashtags is way way way off the mark. Do some research into what it takes to make even $100 "monetizing online" and look at the numbers of views and subscribers on vanlife posts. You'll see - hardly any are making a dime. GP had that dream and bless her nativity but the likelihood that they would ever make any money off it was slim to none.

Vanlifers aren't rebellious teenage hippies in a political movement.
They're just people trying to get by.

I agree that as a neighbor it would be very annoying and it’s unfair to the neighbors who had nothing to do with this situation. It’s possible it’s not unproductive though. Societal/peer pressure can be a powerful motivator to certain people. JMO.
I don't believe a small group of loud protestors will break their silence. Now them being followed everywhere by undercover LE and all the MSM camped across the street on the other hand...

Of course, should not not have to ask people to stop yelling through a bullhorn in a neighborhood and risk turning their attention to you as a "sympathizer". Someone going to a stranger's house and yelling through bullhorn continuously has some issues. MOO

I agree.

It's not justified, and it just makes the protestors look as bad (or worse) than the parents. And, putting "Wanted for Murder" posters on their lawn? That's vandalism.

Those people need to go home and leave this up to law enforcement.

Hello
I can’t find the link-I recall some reporting that either Brian and or the family went to a storage unit to place Gabbys things in? Does anyone else recall this and if so do you know where this occurred in the timeline that’s been provided? I apologize if I overlooked this detail.

I have a question for anyone with DNA knowledge. And WARNING ⚠️ it's a graphic one.

Let's say that I was eaten by an alligator in the swamp and the FBI knows the basic area that I was eaten in. Could they test the muck for my DNA because my blood would most likely be present in it.

How in the world did Gabby hook up with such a polar opposite of the men in life? Both her father and her step father are so strong and in control of their lives. I don't think that sweet girl realized how damaged BL is.
ITA. I think BL was attentive and charming. GP had no clue about his dark side and when he displayed it, she thought he would snap out of it. jmo

Something I did not understand in the police body cam footage was when Gabby said they were fighting since he doesn't believe her vlog will be a success. I mean those may have been words of anger because take a step back and ask yourself who is the one taking all her pics and videos? Was that not him supporting her? p.s. this is not victim blaming , I am just trying to point something out.

I agree.

It's not justified, and it just makes the protestors look as bad (or worse) than the parents. And, putting "Wanted for Murder" posters on their lawn? That's vandalism.

Those people need to go home and leave this up to law enforcement.

I agree. Donating to the Gabby foundation would be more productive.

Something I did not understand in the police body cam footage was when Gabby said they were fighting since he doesn't believe her vlog will be a success. I mean those may have been words of anger because take a step back and ask yourself who is the one taking all her pics and videos? Was that not him supporting her? p.s. this is not victim blaming , I am just trying to point something out.

I think she meant at the time they spent in Moonflower, she was trying to start the vlog and he didn't seem very supportive.

Someone today asked me why her dads didn't intervene during the relationship. I said they might have. We just don't know. As far as I remember reading, BL had no red flags until the bodycam. Even his friend said BL was very chill.

What I saw in the LE vid, was an insecure nervous guy who just got stopped for hitting a curve and fighting with his girl friend. Lots of nervous laughing. I laugh sometimes in seemingly inappropriate times...just nerves. What I saw in Gabby is unresolved emotional stress that had peaked.

I don't believe a small group of loud protestors will break their silence. Now them being followed everywhere by undercover LE and all the MSM camped across the street on the other hand...
Agree...it's likely quite harassing to say the least and it's not going to make the family fold. LE/FBI. yeah, that's pressure, but MOO , i think legal counsel is involved. .... Sometimes when I see protestors i think 'doesn't anyone work?" JMO .

More flowers showing up at the Laundrie home. This time someone delivered them to the make-shift memorial for Gabby on the lawn, not the Laundrie's front door.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1442571301101637633?s=21
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1442571301101637633?s=21
What's crazy is there's another video on there of the sheriff coming by and telling the flower delivery lady to take them to City Hall because they'll all be thrown in the garbage if not

Hello
I can’t find the link-I recall some reporting that either Brian and or the family went to a storage unit to place Gabbys things in? Does anyone else recall this and if so do you know where this occurred in the timeline that’s been provided? I apologize if I overlooked this detail.
Yes, but I don't recall the storage unit being mentioned again. Would of thought LE would like to see contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member