Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Duane "Dog" Chapman said on "Fox & Friends" Monday he's received more than 1,000 tips since joining the search for Brian Laundrie.

"We've gotten over a thousand leads… So we're going through all those leads," said the famed bounty hunter. "It's incredible pictures of him here, they're here. We're going through all those leads right now."

"I would say within 48 hours, we probably will have a location where we start the tracking at.""

'Dog the Bounty Hunter' joins Brian Laundrie manhunt, says he's received more than 1,000 leads

I've watched a number of the Dog shows, observing and studying his "people" skills. Dog connects well with individuals. He has the ability/skill set to get family and friends to help capture/provide leads.

I realize Dog and others are/may be making money off the hunter for BL, but one positive....its front and center with the media and greatly increasing the odds of capture.

Not defending Dog, just pointing out he may reach an audience that would not connect with the FBI.

Moo....

Last edited:
I really doubt that she was killed in the van, or dead in the van for any length of time. The dogs would be able to detect that. Yes, I agree that she was killed on the 27th. It may have already happened, or could have been happening at the same time that the Bethunes were driving by. Their camera was focused on the road and they had been looking for camping spots, so not likely looking out toward the treeless area where Gabby was found. JMO

I too believe she was killed on August 27th after the restaurant scene he created. I would be interested to know who was paying the bill for him to go off so seriously? Is it possible Gabby was footing most of this trip and this particular bill, she asked BL to pay before the check arrived and he lost his marbles? imo I believe Gabby was supporting this trip so it would have been a treat for BL to offer to pay, if it wasn't his money, he probably wouldn't have cared what the cost was.

I think this incident was the straw that broke the camels back for BL and Gabby was no longer alive within hours of that. Still so sad to me that it had to cost her her life.

IMO BL is too dependent on others to be alone for long. I haven’t seen signs that he really does anything for himself. He’s a mooch.
You could be right. However:

This new report comes after Gabby’s best friend, Rose Davis, said that she believed Brian was hiding on the Appalachian Trail which stretches over 2,000 miles from Georgia to Maine because he had previously lived alone into the wilderness.

Gabby Petito spent birthday on Appalachian Trail where Brian Laundrie may be 'hiding' | MEAWW

He always goes live on FB and YouTube at noon EST. Took me a day or two to realize that! And agreed, JB is amazing at what he does - that whole WFLA team is great.
I'm not on FB and the only way I can see it live is if someone posts the actual live stream with the start arrow...then I can watch from that post. And can return to it. TY all for posting live.

I think that he probably DID go back to the van briefly after he killed her...to get what he needed for his "hike" along the Snake river to Colter Bay. I think Miranda Baker said he had a hat on, an empty looking back pack, hiking boots, and said he had a tarp (I don't think she actually saw a tarp). He may have stashed the items he wore when he killed her and stuck them in the back pack, to dispose of along the way. Just speculating. JMO
That's what I was thinking too. He at least had to go back in to get some kind of supplies so I would imagine, there is trace evidence in there even if he tried to clean it up. That leads into a whole other stream of questions regarding his timeline after and will show how calculated he was. Did he get the van washed? Scrub the inside, etc.? What lengths he went to cover up beyond the alibi 'hiking'.

It’s going to be hard to find an unbiased jury in this case.
That assumes that 1) he's alive, 2) he will be captured, 3) he will be charged with murder, not just credit card fraud, and 4) he will plead not guilty. We're not there yet, not even to the first assumption. And it may be hard, but I trust that there are fair-minded people who can judge any case by the evidence alone. MOO.

I saw mentioned earlier that authorities were searching the AT.

I am not sure about that but I did find a Delaware State Police copter sitting at the Tri Cities (TN) airport this morning, a private copter just east of there at 4k feet, a private plane that left Knoxville (TN) an hour ago and has been looping Abington VA. I do find the the Delaware copter odd. I would be surprised if they are trying to surveil the trail from the air.

As much as it feels that way, according to Gabby’s friend Rose, BL camped out/hiked the AT solo for 6 weeks.

He could have been bragging about something that wasn't true to make himself seem more interesting or impressive than he really is. I won't believe any of the previous AT claims unless someone says that they witnessed him on the trail a few times along the way. IMO.

All of this discussion and confusion about whether or not the "camping trip" took place with BL's parents, what dates it allegedly may have taken place on, and whether the neighbors saw it or not, is an amusing little example of how reliable direct evidence (eyewitness testimony) can be, as opposed to the much-maligned circumstantial evidence.

I mean, it's amusing to me. Maybe just me. :rolleyes:
Well, taking off on a trip isn't a crime. It's not likely a witness would be mistaken about seeing someone being murdered.

That assumes that 1) he's alive, 2) he will be captured, 3) he will be charged with murder, not just credit card fraud, and 4) he will plead not guilty. We're not there yet, not even to the first assumption. And it may be hard, but I trust that there are fair-minded people who can judge any case by the evidence alone. MOO.
You’re right.

That's what I was thinking too. He at least had to go back in to get some kind of supplies so I would imagine, there is trace evidence in there even if he tried to clean it up. That leads into a whole other stream of questions regarding his timeline after and will show how calculated he was. Did he get the van washed? Scrub the inside, etc.? What lengths he went to cover up beyond the alibi 'hiking'.
He had plenty of time to clean up the van....almost two weeks! jmo

• Cause of Death= A medical opinion of the disease or injury that resulted in a person’s death. (What the person died of)
  • Manner of Death= Classification system developed for public health statistics based on the circumstances under which death occurred (How the person died); Manners of death currently includes 5 categories:
  • Accident= An unexpected or unforeseen death due to injury.
  • Homicide= Death as a result of a volitional act committed by another person (e.g. injury, poisoning).
  • Natural= Death due solely to natural disease.
  • Suicide= Death resulting from intentional self-inflicted act.
  • Undetermined= Manner of death used when the information pointing to one manner of death is no more compelling than another.
This is from SUDC.org

I think I used manner of death incorrectly in a previous post.

I think "method of death" (not sure if that is an official term) would have been a better term for me to use.

Speculation on death, please pass by if it could upset you...

They ate lunch at 1-2pm....van was then seen at 6-6:30pm at Spreading Creek...I think time of death might be narrowed down to between 3-5pm depending on contents of stomach. If broken neck, strangulation or blunt force trauma might show up, right? But, not suffocation? That might be harder to tell. Also we dont know the exact way her body was left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander