Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> re: BL might be on the Appalachian Trail. The whole thing strikes me as funny, actually, becauseI live in Tennessee close to the Trail and while most of it is "remote" in the sense that you can't drive right up to parts of it, it also crosses Great Smoky Mountains National Park, one of the busiest parks in the nation ESPECIALLY in the fall when the colors change and the weather is cooler. There is also the Cherohala Skyway between TN and NC that many people visit. Traffic jams in the mountains are not unusual in the fall.

So BL may have miscalculated if he is on the Appalachian Trail or hiding out anywhere in the mountains of Georgia, Tennessee, or North Carolina. The crowds will be there soon: day hikers, autumn leaf watchers, migratory bird watchers, hunters, fishermen, tourists visiting apple orchards - you name it. Plus Dog the Bounty Hunter - you can't make this up!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I was thinking too. He at least had to go back in to get some kind of supplies so I would imagine, there is trace evidence in there even if he tried to clean it up. That leads into a whole other stream of questions regarding his timeline after and will show how calculated he was. Did he get the van washed? Scrub the inside, etc.? What lengths he went to cover up beyond the alibi 'hiking'.
He had plenty of time to clean up the van....almost two weeks! jmo

This I don't understand. Whose DNA are they matching? With all the items they have already taken, they could match DNA with any of those items.
It could really be all sorts of things. The best way to do DNA testing is to take DNA that you know for absolute sure comes from the person, then you don't have to take guesses based on unidentified DNA found elsewhere. It could be that they found a few peoples' DNA in the van or on the hard drive and they want to establish whose is whose. It could be that they found something (like a discarded food container) in their search of Preserve and they have been able to isolate DNA and want to compare it to a known sample. It could be that they found human remains and haven't announced it yet (though sadly, I think that is unlikely). Really, it doesn't tell us anything that they wanted a good reference sample, although I wish it did.

In just three seasons of his show, Walsh has helped authorities capture 26 fugitives and locate eight missing children. He covered the Gabby Petito investigation on his show this week.

“We haven’t had this much attention since Elizabeth Smart,” Walsh said.

Walsh said the tips he has received lead him to three possible locations: Mexico, the Bahamas and the Appalachian Trail.

Walsh’s theory, which he said some of his tips also point to, is that Laundrie’s father or parents drove him Northwest over the Florida Panhandle toward Mexico.

“I think they bought this guy nine days,” Walsh said. “He had a big head start, so I say now with all the chaos at the border — I caught 45 guys in Mexico — they drove him north, over the Panhandle.”
Gabby Petito latest: Brian Laundrie sightings John Walsh

I'm not on FB and the only way I can see it live is if someone posts the actual live stream with the start arrow...then I can watch from that post. And can return to it. TY all for posting live.
You can also check on the WFLA NOW site. They have previous streams when they aren't live too. WFLA Now Video

EXACTLY.
IMO
The ONLY reason that they called police is because they knew if they pretended much longer that he was at home, when the police DID show up with a warrant they would be in big trouble.
I think their timeline of Tuesday (14th) leaving is wrong, either accidentally or on purpose.
Finally found an early news report, from the 13th. NO MUSTANG in driveway.

I have said this. many times before, I just don't see a reason for NPPD to respond to abandoned vehicle at 2:44pm on 14th if it were only parked there that morning. AT LEAST the day before if not 2 days or more MOO.

I think as soon as NPPD towed the van, he bugged out. IMO

Good catch. Brian Entin didn't get there til the 14th (per his Twitter) and he noted the van was already gone that night. But I hadn't seen anything definitive that it was gone the day before. These parents are huge liars and I have no doubt they have aided and abetted this criminal. If BL evades justice (via escape or suicide), I pray those parents are held liable within the full extent of the applicable law (MOO).

In federal court, there does NOT need to be a 'principal conviction' in order to prosecute those aiding and abetting.

2479. What Is Not Required To Prove Aiding And Abetting

Far be it from me to defend BL, but isn't it possible that he didn't want either of them to be front line workers during a raging pandemic in a state where the act of wearing a mask can make people angry?
It’s
Possible he worked with his dad! I know both worked at my Publix abs my son said she also worked at the smoothie place close to Publix.
Masks are. Worn by most
These kids are young and not as concerned as us older adults Invincible!

In just three seasons of his show, Walsh has helped authorities capture 26 fugitives and locate eight missing children. He covered the Gabby Petito investigation on his show this week.

Walsh said the tips he has received lead him to three possible locations: Mexico, the Bahamas and the Appalachian Trail.

Walsh’s theory, which he said some of his tips also point to, is that Laundrie’s father or parents drove him Northwest over the Florida Panhandle toward Mexico.

“I think they bought this guy nine days,” Walsh said. “He had a big head start, so I say now with all the chaos at the border — I caught 45 guys in Mexico — they drove him north, over the Panhandle.”
I respect John Walsh, but if there are "tips" saying he's in, potentially, three totally different countries, the tips aren't very helpful and sound like guesses... JMO. I don't think any of them are impossible, but I doubt there is much to the tips other than a generic, average sized, 20-something guy was seen in all three places.

Good catch. Brian Entin didn't get there til the 14th (per his Twitter) and he noted the van was already gone that night. But I hadn't seen anything definitive that it was gone the day before. These parents are huge liars and I have no doubt they have aided and abetted this criminal. If BL evades justice (via escape or suicide), I pray those parents are held liable within the full extent of the applicable law (MOO).

In federal court, there does NOT need to be a 'principal conviction' in order to prosecute those aiding and abetting.

2479. What Is Not Required To Prove Aiding And Abetting
What time did BE arrive on the 14th?

This I don't understand. Whose DNA are they matching? With all the items they have already taken, they could match DNA with any of those items.
They need BL's DNA profile for comparison. It can be used for identification purposes or to compare to crime scene DNA, or any evidence that may link him to the homicide. Imo

IDK, that's still pretty far from the Texas/Mexico crossings. I still don't think he's the type of guy who would blend into a Latino culture once he opens his mouth. His hyper attitude and facial expressions are red flags calling to mind the term "loco". He sure looks different though, with longer hair, darker complexioned, I hope they are circulating "not bald" photos.

IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads