Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people ask this question? I can write a book why. People need to get educated on the reasons why.
It’s interesting that we rarely see it phrased this way, though—why do the abusers stay? I think it’s important to think about because it makes us think about how valuable their aggression is to them. They don’t hate themselves for what they’ve done, they don’t think they need to change. They’re getting a LOT out of the abuse, it’s not an accident or a lapse or due to frustration. It’s a device & it works. It took me a long time to understand it wasn’t that my partner “had an anger problem” or “trouble communicating” or whatever. I really had to finally accept the fact that he only abused me in private. And that meant it was something he could control when he wanted to.

edit to bring it back to the case: BL being able to switch from conflict to accommodating in front of LE was a perfect example of this to me. Jmo.

I know I shouldn’t be surprised, but the fact that the Laundries/their lawyer made no statement around Gabby’s memorial is infuriating & heartbreaking. They can’t even bring themselves to offer generic condolences for a woman who had lived with them for 2 years & was going to marry their son. It reeks & is messed up. I really wonder how she had been treated by all of them, not just BL.
I myself and likely many others would have felt like they were mocking her had they said a single word. My preference was their silence at this point

I wonder how we can persuade abusers to leave once the relationship is at a point where they want to abuse. Why do they stay when they feel all that contempt?

Among other reasons, to gain (or maintain) power and control over someone who they feel is weaker than themselves, which helps to stabilize and maintain their own shaky sense of self. MOO

I once though BL had committed suicide and still lean in this direction. However, the longer the timeframe without a body, the more I have to consider a successful flight (up to this point) has occurred. I hope he is found alive and soon.

I wonder how we can persuade abusers to leave once the relationship is at a point where they want to abuse. Why do they stay when they feel all that contempt?
Sadly we.cant!
We.think theynwill.change!
They will never.do.it again!
Drugs and alcohol seem to.be a trigger in most!
Not love.its dependency!
Many.think they can't survive on their own!
Afraid to try!
Been there

How in the world did Gabby hook up with such a polar opposite of the men in life? Both her father and her step father are so strong and in control of their lives. I don't think that sweet girl realized how damaged BL is.
Agree. I do believe, however, that Gabby did start seeing it and grew increasingly tired of it. When the both of them got back to a campsite, after the last time they were seen together, she may indeed have hinted at needing some personal time to think, or possibly he may have said something that became the last straw for Gabby. She was tired of it all, so she might have stood her ground about whatever. Then they argued, fought that day, the next day, or very soon after. She blew, then he did with more force and anger, and the Worst Thing Happened.

Brian Laundrie's family called the police after Dog the Bounty Hunter showed up on their property

Brian Laundrie's parents called the cops on Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman after he showed up at their Florida home over the weekend, police confirmed to Insider Monday.

The North Port Police Department responded to a 911 call from Laundrie's family on Saturday, reporting that Chapman was on the property of their North Port home, police department spokesman Josh Taylor said.

"We did not tell him to leave," Taylor told Insider in reference to Chapman. "He left on his own."

Leave these people alone and let LE take care of this.

The people protesting surely have more positive things to do rather than draw attention to themselves being a donkey. The more WFLA shows their idiocy, the more villages will be missing a citizen.

Flip the coin, protest at their house for protesting and they will not think this is such a great idea.

There are better ways to live your life.
There are at least more creative ways to get the message across. Personally I don't disagree, but I also support the right. I'd be more likely to have a neighborhood group and we'd all put Gabby's face on our front yards so they'd have to see it every time they looked out their windows. I'd turn the focus back to Gabby. Put butterfly wind chimes on everyone's front yard. Elevate the situation. If I lived next door I'd put up the highest fence I could and paint Gabby's face on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member