Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I'm gonna use this to make a timeline according to Wasnt_Me.

Sept 1-3: Reserved De Soto trip cancelled (Brian arrives home)
Sept 6: Laundrie family goes to De Soto campground
Sept 7: Laundrie family leaves De Soto campground
Sept 9: Petitos begin calling and texting the Laundries
Sept 10: Police visit the Laundrie house for a welfare check.

Weekend

Sept 11: GP filed as missing person (Police confiscate the van. They said late night into early morning of 9/12)
Sept 11, 12: Laundrie family goes to “other places” (plural!) on “different dates” this weekend.

Sept 13: SB last spoke with Brian
Sept 14: BL leaves for a hike at Carlton, leaving his phone and wallet behind (Police put abandoned notice on mustang at 2:42pm)
Sept 14: SB statement “Laundrie family is remaining in the background” of search for GP
Sept 15: Parents go to reserve, find parking warning note, do nothing (Mustang seen in News footage in Laundrie's driveway)
Sept 16th: Parents go to reserve, access vehicle and drive it home.
Sept 17th: Parents report BL missing
Sept 18th: Some type of suspicious incident at 11:22pm involving members of the Laundrie family.

What date did BL's parents present the card for SB when LE showed up at their door?

A third redacted report —incident No. 21-054246, at 11:22 p.m. dated Sept. 18 notes a “suspicious incident” at the intersection of Balboa Terrace and Delmar Drive in North Port.

Delmar Drive is a bit of a beaten trail of a road that drags along Big Slough in the middle of North Port. There are no homes on Delmar Drive; and only a handful along Balboa Terrance

I google mapped the address and dragged the little yellow guy to the spot to get a real view. It is in the middle of nowhere , just a bunch of trees. Why would they be out there in the middle of the night, either of them? Maybe someone can take a look there during the day to see who might still be there?

Right. Why would they be there?

Now, since the article says the incidents could involve any of the three of them, could have been a Brian spotting. I don't know.

That's what I keep asking. If he was just going to disappear on his family, he already had a head start at the end of August, why take the trip back home and risk being seen or pulled over? The only conclusion I can come to is that he needed family help to hide him somewhere.
I think he wasn't thinking very far ahead, but also didn't believe that she would be found so quickly. He may have thought that he would be under a cloud of suspicion for a while, but that no one would ever be able to prove anything. He may have thought that disappearing would make him look even guiltier.

Maybe after he tested his story on his parents and was told that the story was unbelievable, or maybe after her parents and local law enforcement started to apply pressure, he realized that the search for her would be extensive, that people might find her quicker than he originally thought, and running off started to seem like a better idea than waiting to be convicted of murder.

What date did BL's parents present the card for SB when LE showed up at their door?
I believe it was the 11th of September. And this is a tiny point, but I don't think they had a business card, but rather, information written on a sheet of paper.

A business card might take awhile to get, at least a couple days, is why I make that point.

The location of the Mustang is bothering me. It's not suited for a back country hike or rough roads to access any challenging hiking trails and while they certainly aren't rare, they are going to attract attention long before a truck or SUV would.

I'm sure LE has a valid reason to keep searching the area but the presence of that particular car just screams, 'Please search where I want you to search.' I wonder if there are cameras at the entrance the provide other evidence but it just feels out of place for an outdoorsman.

Can I ask a question or two peppered with speculation?

Assuming BL Murdered GP around the 30th.

He decides he is going to make a run for it. Did he think no one would find her or miss her and he would just go on with his life? Was he trying to come up with some sort of way to explain her death? What was in Florida that he needed?

Familiarity?
Family?

If he left his wallet and phone at home, why did he need to come back?

Did he have a bug out set up to grab?

Does he have a system to move around undetected somehow?

He drove through numerous states that had no idea who he was. He could have just vanished as well. So why did he come back? Did he call his parents and they convinced him to come back?

I wonder if his family may have "connections" to help him disappear.
MOO

He'd still have a duty to get her help or report it. As far as I know, that kind of negligence is still a crime. And then why use her stuff???

Well, duty to report isn't really at play here. We know he didn't report, duty or not.I'm just trying to play off the scenario of "what if it wasn't BL". But I'm not sure you have a duty to report to anyone that you've left your girlfriend behind in your camping space. It looks terrible though, so that's why he *didn't* report it when she realized something worse happened to her.
Why did he send the texts? The only thing I can think of there is because he had her phone, and he knew her family would start worrying about her and he didn't want them to call the police to search for the van while he was driving it home.

(Again, this is all an imagined scenario. It's possible! I'm not saying it's what happened or if it happened, he did the right thing!)

Now here's a question....if he had her phone, why didn't he text her family pretending to be her and tell them she was ok? I mean, after the Yellowstone thing. Did he think that took care of it, then threw her phone out? I was imagining he kept her phone with him all the way to Florida. But maybe he dumped it because he could have used it to prolong the pretend correspondence with her family.

The cops made it sound like it was that night September 11th, but I don't know for sure. I think he said it in the September 15h press conference. Justin Taylor did. Let me go find it. Here it is. 4 minutes into the video.

So good of you to have found this! If this is what started the whole thought that 'she didn't like to drive the van' then that thought has no legs. She's only said she doesn't usually drive it. No reason as to why.l
ooh i've got it time lined and documented for key moments , because i saw a million red flags when i first saw it. . . as many of us did before the MSM even sniffed it. I've got in a draft email to myself because my emotions have been so all over the place with this. listening to it without looking at the video is less distracting.

I can’t give them anything. These people are morally bankrupt!
I have nothing to base this on, but a gut feeling. Their silence, distancing, and almost defiant behaviour makes me think this is not the first time they've had to deal with BL'S behaviour. JMO
Right. Why would they be there?

Now, since the article says the incidents could involve any of the three of them, could have been a Brian spotting. I don't know.
If was probably BL doing his evening yoga since he knew they would find her soon.

Thanks. I'm gonna use this to make a timeline according to Wasnt_Me.

Sept 1-3: Reserved De Soto trip cancelled (Brian arrives home)
Sept 6: Laundrie family goes to De Soto campground
Sept 7: Laundrie family leaves De Soto campground
Sept 9: Petitos begin calling and texting the Laundries
Sept 10: Police visit the Laundrie house for a welfare check.

Weekend

Sept 11: GP filed as missing person (Police confiscate the van. They said late night into early morning of 9/12)
Sept 11, 12: Laundrie family goes to “other places” (plural!) on “different dates” this weekend.

Sept 13: SB last spoke with Brian
Sept 14: BL leaves for a hike at Carlton, leaving his phone and wallet behind (Police put abandoned notice on mustang at 2:42pm)
Sept 14: SB statement “Laundrie family is remaining in the background” of search for GP
Sept 15: Parents go to reserve, find parking warning note, do nothing (Mustang seen in News footage in Laundrie's driveway)
Sept 16th: Parents go to reserve, access vehicle and drive it home.
Sept 17th: Parents report BL missing
Sept 18th: Some type of suspicious incident at 11:22pm involving members of the Laundrie family.
I missed the 18th incident. If easy can you help me find?

I know this isn't your question but this happened to me today so I thought I would share since it has been discussed a lot.

You can hire a lawyer in less than a minute. The Laundries could have called SB and said we need your help now - and he could have agreed to immediately represent them if he knew he didn't have a conflict. To establish the whole attorney client contractual agreement, like outlining your fees and agreeing on the terms of the representation, you need an engagement letter. But the core of the relationship is both sides believing a relationship exists. Attorneys can get in trouble when someone BELIEVES they are represented by counsel and relies on your advice but you didn't actually think you were acting as their attorney. That's why there are so many disclaimers on attorney websites that say "this is not legal advice!" "I'm not your stinkin lawyer!"

I had a client I represented in the past send me an email with a new lawsuit they received and asked if I would represent them. They are a great client so I said sure and immediately emailed the opposing counsel to introduce myself and say I represented my client. It doesn't always happen like that but there's nothing wrong with it.

The real risk is for the attorney - that he won't get paid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom