Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sister has way too much to lose. As in two precious children that need to be sheltered and protected from this nightmare. If the parents kept her in the dark intentionally, from my perspective, it’s the only damn good thing they’ve done. JMO
It could be that Brian is the golden child and the daughter is in the background.

He did do that. He tried. The "No cell service in Yosemite" text is doing exactly that. Making her family believe that she made it to California on her own, and implying that because there's no cell service there (which isn't true anyhow) that she wouldn't be in touch for awhile. It's a red herring/wild goose chase that bought him time. I don't know why he didn't keep up the pretext longer. Ed Shin did it for almost a year.
I may be really slow, but your comment just startled me into a realization. Maybe he was not just trying to forestall her parents' concern so that it would it would take longer to find her body, as I've been assuming all along. Maybe he was setting up his story.

His story, at the time he sent the text, was going to be:

- We fought and I needed some space.
- She stayed at the van doing her little website.
- I went to the Snake River to camp for a few days by myself (see, there are witnesses who gave me a ride).
- When I got back, she and the van were gone.
- Oh? Her parents got a text from Yosemite? I guess that's where she went.

Maybe he thought he'd ditch the van someplace? And then the plan started to unravel when he realized how hard it would be to get around without the van and as getting back to FL by hitchhiking or flying would be difficult?

Could that be right? Seems off?

I may be really slow, but your comment just startled me into a realization. Maybe he was not just trying to forestall her parents' concern so that it would it would take longer to find her body, as I've been assuming all along. Maybe he was setting up his story.

His story, at the time he sent the text, was going to be:

- We fought and I needed some space.
- She stayed at the van doing her little website.
- I went to the Snake River to camp for a few days by myself (see, there are witnesses who gave me a ride).
- When I got back, she and the van were gone.
- Oh? Her parents got a text from Yosemite? I guess that's where she went.

Maybe he thought he'd ditch the van someplace? And then the plan started to unravel when he realized how hard it would be to get around without the van and as getting back to FL by hitchhiking or flying would be difficult?

Could that be right? Seems off?
I don't know, because he used her credit/debit cards on the way home.

In addition, could he have been hoping that the search for her would begin at Yosemite versus back in Wyoming?
I do think BL convinced himself that she would never be found or that by the time she was, there’d be no evidence left, imho. But for a person who read true crime, he sure didn’t seem to be thinking about things like debit card transactions, traffic cameras, and cell phone pings. He may have bought himself some time, keeping GP’s parents and Rose at bay, but it was never going to last long, imo. He left too many clues, as we have seen.

Yes, I really believe it was to kill some time. He never expected her to be found so quickly. Probably thought animals would clean everything up. She wasn’t buried. I’m so sorry for the graphic read
I find it amusing that he chose Yosemite as opposed to Yellowstone, as if well heck they both start with a "Y". It's like my daughter a few years ago confusing Sweden and Switzerland because they both started with Sw.

Murder is most usually done in private, which means the murderer has the last word on what was going on between him/her and the victim.. Sad to say, they do own the victims last words....they can make up any scenario they like to paint themselves a bit nicer.

If there is a proposition that Brian didn't kill Gabby, he knew she was dead. He knew she wasn't coming back to the van.

Back in the Moab incident, she says, he took the keys, and I had to climb in the window, something like that, and it seems to me he did that a lot. Took the keys and drove off, leaving her to as he puts it 'calm down' ( which in Brian speak means do as I tell you, or else ) .. he said he ' likes to put a bit of distance' between her and him, and he sure did exactly that.

Him driving off and leaving her was probably a pattern of their life, ..he was so casual about saying that, and she , in broad daylight in a public street was so panicked, born of long exposure to him driving off and leaving, that she climbed thru the drivers window.....

How often do you see that on the road? ...
Thank you for putting into words what I have been trying to say and was not able to articulate. Excellent post.

I wonder though, if once he had done the deed, whether he was strangely calm, like a lot of killers are.
I can imagine him driving home all serenely, classical music playing, gently puffing on a cigarette, and acting like it's all OK. Because in his mind, it is.
It's everyone else who is wrong.
Not classical music. That Spotify playlist with the badger decomposing. MOO.

There are indeed many areas in Yosemite with no cell service, e.g. campgrounds in the high country. I have recently camped there and told my friends and family that there was no service beforehand. They thought I just make this up but you can really go off the grid there. That said, I don't believe at all that this text was true in any regard.

I do think BL convinced himself that she would never be found or that by the time she was, there’d be no evidence left, imho. But for a person who read true crime, he sure didn’t seem to be thinking about things like debit card transactions, traffic cameras, and cell phone pings. He may have bought himself some time, keeping GP’s parents and Rose at bay, but it was never going to last long, imo. He left too many clues, as we have seen.
I think the Yosemite was a mistake, he meant to type Grand Tetons. I think he wanted to make it appear as though they made it there. Then heading home he used her cards to make it look like she was still alive. Had her body not been found, the evidence would have pointed to her heading home with him. Then he could have claimed they had a fight as they got into FL, she asked to be dropped off at a motel, he went home and just never heard from her again.

I just watched the press conference after being away for the day. What a beautiful family.

Just one thought aside that; it’s interesting to see a family praising social media. So many times LE and the families really dislike social media / rumors etc in these cases. This time social media really helped bring Gabby home. :)

Did you see Patrick McDowell who the FBI nabbed today for killing a Sheriffs deputy? He was on the run, in the bush, is a tenured Marine and survivalist. Hadn’t been on the run as long even as Brian. The guy was torn up, arms scratched up, clothes in tatters, etc. If this guy comes out looking as rough as he did with woodland, survival training, no way Brian will survive. Google the guy.
That’s fair, but did he have a head start like BL?

I find it amusing that he chose Yosemite as opposed to Yellowstone, as if well heck they both start with a "Y". It's like my daughter a few years ago confusing Sweden and Switzerland because they both started with Sw.
I cannot imagine that he or whoever wrote this text mixed the words up. Not if you have just been next to Yellowstone. I can imagine that it was an incorrect auto fill. Or intentionally misleading.

No, obviously there's no real excuse for that. But they did what they did. They went into self-protection mode.

(I do want to add that I am curious how many calls/texts GP's family sent. We say they were literally begging for information, but we don't know *exactly* what they said, how often they said it. Did they call twice? Twenty times? How ignorable were their calls, if - let's just imagine-- you are BL's parents and he's told you something about how awful GP is, and how intrusive her parents are?)
I wanted to get this in this thread as a separate thought. What if the phone number GP’s parents were texting. (I read texting only somewhere) was a VOIP phone or land line? You don’t get texts there. I have a VOIP that also rings my cell, but I don’t get texts period if someone tries to text the VOIP. If they also have cell phones then maybe they don’t check them often. My parents don’t drives me nuts.

Agreed that this is very possible. If so, she is one lucky lady, in my opinion. She likely wouldn’t have considered herself lucky to be “slighted” so to speak, except maybe in hindsight.
She has been coached on what she can and cannot say, we saw that in the interview when she started to say something. stopped herself and said she wasn't supposed to talk about that.

They are not known for consuming back packs are they? I'm asking, not snarking, btw.

I recently saw a video of an alligator eating a drone out of the air so I guess there's a possibility of one eating a backpack.
I live in Louisiana. With this most recent hurricane, a 70yr old lady watched a gator take her husband's arm off. She pulled him to their porch and went for help. (Phone lines were not working) When she got back, he was gone. Wildlife and fisheries ended up finding the man's remains in the gator that was still hanging around their home.
In BLs case, if he were to meet his demise by gator, and he had his backpack on, there may not be any signs left.
I'm trying not to be too graphic.

We don't know that. We're not allowed to sleuth the family, only Brian.

The linked information that was provided says that police info for Gabby and the Laundrie family was requested, for a period of three years. Which I believe covers the time that the Laundries have lived in that area.

There is a traffic citation (no details provided). And then the redacted reports for this month. Redacted due to "active criminal investigation and intelligence information".

If there is NY police info prior to that, it is anyone's guess what it might be. Though we do know that the mother had a respectable job for years in NY.

If there is anything else to be discovered - elsewhere - I have no doubt that MSM will find it .. via their FOI Act requests.

ETA: Here is the previously linked info, in case anyone missed it. The pdf contains the whole article.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member