Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of people who claim they've hiked the AT.

It's a long hike, covering many states. I just have to laff when I try to imagine BL attempting it. And to have the Right Stuff for the hike (food, drink, first aid, good socks/boots, bug repellent, other necessities) isn't cheap. Several of my friends did it with their dads -- it took years -- um, because they all had real jobs elsewhere, so they had to split up their hikes in stages -- as many folks do.

BL apparently doesn't even know how to sweep out a camper van. Cleaning up his tent, sleeping bag, etc., etc., after using a camping area? GMAB. Nope, nein, non, nyet, heck no... :rolleyes:..JMHO.
---------------------------------
How long does it take to hike the Appalachian Trail?
A typical thru-hiker takes 5 to 7 months to hike the entire A.T. After deciding when and where to begin and then registering your thru-hike, you will need to plan your resupply points and know the camping regulations along the A.T.

Thru-Hiking | Appalachian Trail Conservancy
https://appalachiantrail.org › Explore › Hike the A.T.

--------------------------------

BL spoke negatively in SM posts about those who "need an Apple watch" (vice trees and plants and animals, which don't). This snarky comment may have been geared towards GP, who appeared to have one in photos, but that doesn't matter. What does is that BL doesn't seem to be very technical, or have many gadgets.
BL spoke negatively in SM posts about those who "need an Apple watch" (vice trees and plants and animals, which don't). This snarky comment may have been geared towards GP, who appeared to have one in photos, but that doesn't matter. What does is that BL doesn't seem to be very technical, or have many gadgets.
Yes, he was very arrogant IMO about others who were not as pure as he. His comments about people 'infesting' the national parks was telling IMO. He also was 'infesting' but thought that he had higher motives for being there. Well, his higher motives did not pan out, did they?

Was he a gamer at all?

It's a long hike, covering many states. I just have to laff when I try to imagine BL attempting it. And to have the Right Stuff for the hike (food, drink, first aid, good socks/boots, bug repellent, other necessities) isn't cheap. Several of my friends did it with their dads -- it took years -- um, because they all had real jobs elsewhere.
BL apparently doesn't even know how to sweep out a camper van. Cleaning up his tent, sleeping bag, etc., etc., after using a camping area? GMAB. Nope, nein, non, nyet, heck no... :rolleyes:..JMHO.
A typical thru-hiker takes 5 to 7 months to hike the entire A.T. After deciding when and where to begin and then registering your thru-hike, you will need to plan your resupply points and know the camping regulations along the A.T.

bbm :D (reason: loved it)

Yes, he was very arrogant IMO about others who were not as pure as he. His comments about people 'infesting' the national parks was telling IMO. He also was 'infesting' but thought that he had higher motives for being there. Well, his higher motives did not pan out, did they?
Cue images of "swamp buggies" plowing through the Carlton Reserve. Thanks, BL!

It's a long hike, covering many states. I just have to laff when I try to imagine BL attempting it. And to have the Right Stuff for the hike (food, drink, first aid, good socks/boots, bug repellent, other necessities) isn't cheap. Several of my friends did it with their dads -- it took years -- um, because they all had real jobs elsewhere, so they had to split up their hikes in stages -- as many folks do.

I'm removing him from trails right away.
It doesn't make sense to me at the best of times, for anyone to be doing it. To me walking is aimless and if the feds were on my tail I'd like to have the capacity to increase my speed exponentially and instantly.

I'm more wondering how street smart he is.?

That's a good question. Maybe she called GP's folks to find out if they knew what was up?
After hearing that Brian may not have been a big fan of that friend, I've wondered if meeting up with her was a bone of contention that added to the tension between them. And whether he went on a solo hike in order to avoid being there when that friend and Gabby met up.

Did Gabby's friend ever make it to Yellowstone? I recall she said Gabby never called her to finalize plans to meet up, as they had discussed, but I never heard if she was actually there. I wonder why she didn't bother reaching out to Gabby when she didn't hear anything? Gabby and Brian were what--30 miles from Yellowstone?
We don't have the content of every message sent by every person to Gabby's phone. Just bits, pieces, and a few interview comments. The friend may indeed have tried to contact her, even multiple times, but BL had her phone and probably ignored it, the same way he was ignoring Gabby's grandfather, Stan. The plan for Yellowstone is unclear and we just don't know everything about it yet.

After hearing that Brian may not have been a big fan of that friend, I've wondered if meeting up with her was a bone of contention that added to the tension between them. And whether he went on a solo hike in order to avoid being there when that friend and Gabby met up.
They were going to meet up in Yellowstone, not Teton where Gabby died.

Ummmm... he SAYS he hiked the AT, but that is no AT long-distance hiker. Perhaps a day trip or two. It was clear he doesn't even know how to put a pack on: he doesn't buckle it correctly.
There are a lot of people out there who say they've hiked the AT; BL wouldn't be the first.
If he'd hiked on the AT for very long, you'd have a string of thru-hikers on this board with sightings and stories. Hikers on those trails hang out. News gets telegraphed up and down the trail. Hostel owners communicate. They have hinky meters. At dark, whether sitting around the fire or cooking dinner, hikers are nattering. What else are they going to do? It's pitch black out there, and they travel so light, they don't bring anything to do (I carried a couple of sudokus, a pencil, and a couple of blank notebook pages for my journal.) They don't know the history of other hikers, generally, but they know other hikers and they remember them (viz Mostly Harmless) with even a short encounter. BL on the AT would have been noticed. They'd be giving the FBI tips by the hundreds.
And when would he have done a trip like that? He graduated from high school not too long ago. A long-distance AT hike could be a month for a section, or 4-6 for the whole thing.
And does BL walk like a long-distance hiker? No. He just walks like a regular walker. Ultra-distance hikers, on the other hand, don't straighten their knees; they kind of sit back and pump their legs. It's a very distinctive look. I fall into this once I get going. It's light on the feet and quick, quick, quick.
So, I call wannabe on whatever outdoor "experience" BL has.
Hallmark: he ran home to momma instead of taking straight to the wilderness.

Yes, I agree to all of that. IMO, he doesn't know diddly about the AT. His little legs would wear out -- he walks; he doesn't hike. As you said above, there's a difference.

Too many violations and Alerts to deal with so thread is closed for the night.

Do NOT send any more Alerts. When this happens it is easier for us to just review the thread rather than have to read individual Alerts.

Sean Whalen is offering $50,000 to help bring closure to Petito's family.

"I don't need to know her or her family to put up some money all I need to know is if it's my nightmare it's likely another father's nightmare," Whalen said. "Any child that is taken - whether it's in a car accident, whether it's murder - your heart goes out to those people."
Utah businessman offers $50,000 reward for information leading to Brian Laundrie

A handful of tweets from Dog the Bounty Hunter’s daughter are connecting the search to the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina. Lyssa Chapman sent out a tweet recently saying they were looking for experienced hiking/survivalists near the Appalachian Hiking Trail in North Carolina.

Okay guys. Please RETWEET !! looking for experienced HIKING/SURVIVALIST near the Appalachian Hiking trail in North Carolina. I know these types rarely have social media. So do you have a family member or friend who fits in this description?

— Lyssa Chapman (@BabyLyssaC) September 26, 2021

Just spoke with a lady from a big backwoods community in NC. They’ve never heard of Brian, Gabby or the situation. These people typically don’t have internet, tv etc. Share his mugshot and reach out to anyone who know who’s involved in these communities. #BrianLaudrie

— Lyssa Chapman (@BabyLyssaC) September 26, 2021

Multiple sightings of Laundrie have also been reported in Watuaga County, North Carolina. The Sheriff’s Office tells FOX 46, “We were looking into these claims, but nothing has been verified.
Sheriff looking into claims of Brian Laundrie sightings in western NC, says ‘nothing has been verified’ | myfox8.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member