Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brian is still alive, what is his end goal? Running and hiding and living in exile forever? Was he truly ready to just walk away from everything he’s ever known and spend the remainder of his life as a fugitive, carefully masquerading, living in fear of being found out? It’s been done before, certainly, but it’s not particularly easy for a 23 year old. He wasn’t a seasoned criminal. I am having trouble of wrapping my mind around it all.
There was no possible way when this started anyone would have known the amount of media attention this would generate. IMHO, maybe he thought he could go home and the body would not be found for a long time and he would just say Gabby disappeared/left him and then everything would blow over some how.

It's back a few pages now, but it originally came from Twitter.

I'll post a couple of links for it and a blow-up I did. I think it looks like him and wish we had a date for the photo.

I don't want to post the original as the faces aren't blurred, so not sure if it's allowed but can be seen at the links.

https://twitter.com/MeganMyersNews/status/1443041306989768704?s=20

Brian Laundrie ‘pictured’ in selfie days before Gabby Petito reported missing
It doesn't look as if he is carrying a backpack which I assume if this was him and he was taking off, I would imagine he would need a pretty big backpack that would be apparent in the photo.

If Brian is still alive, what is his end goal? Running and hiding and living in exile forever? Was he truly ready to just walk away from everything he’s ever known and spend the remainder of his life as a fugitive, carefully masquerading, living in fear of being found out? It’s been done before, certainly, but it’s not particularly easy for a 23 year old. He wasn’t a seasoned criminal. I am having trouble of wrapping my mind around it all.
I don't think he was really thinking that far ahead. What little thought he did put into it was probably banking on her not being found and this case not blowing up the way it has.

I do not recall seeing them do so, but as the bodycams were switching from officer to officer, it may have been one LE officer searching whilst we were seeing the bodycam footage of another officer talking to Gabby in the back of the police car.

MOO
I did not see that and IMO they did not have a reason to search. BL tells them where the phone is as it was in a spot, but he retrieved that himself.

I am not an attorney but I can tell you that we have several family snd business attorneys that we use when we need advice. They are not on retainer for us but we have contacted them as wanted and needed over the years.
It seems to me that the Laubdries have been doing real estate dealings and would have an attorney for those purposes. This attorney does have a practice that primarily deals with that.
I think I have also read he is a personal friend of the family.

Thank you both. I didn't think they likely searched the van.

Something about that bodycam video keeps nagging at me. The LE officer asks BL if he takes any medication because he's acting nervous. BL explains it's from flashing lights and being pulled over. I'm not bringing this up to debate LE's handling of the situation, I'm mentioning it because LE pulls people over for all kinds of reasons, every day, and I'm sure are used to seeing people, even innocent people, nervous. What made the officer point it out about BL that day?

Was BL nervous because he knew LE was going to find out about his and GP's altercation? Was he nervous because there was something inside the van he didn't want LE to find? Was he nervous because he was on something? Is he ultra paranoid about LE but able to stay relatively calm despite? Just random thoughts that keep bugging me.
Yes it was a random question but he was ants in his pants IMO at the start. I think maybe that's how he just is ? I think getting pulled over and asked to get out of the car is different than when they just walk up to your window and ask for license and registration. JMO

BL portrayed himself to be a camper. I'm not sure he would survive in the elements for long.
There is a big difference between camping out of a van or rv and surviving in the wilderness.
Personally, I don't believe he is doing either. More likely he is held up stationary somewhere. He would be fully aware that he run a high risk of being spotted, were he traveling, even in some of the places that are being speculated. I would read the Carlton Reserve as a diversion.
I believe they will find him when someone attempts contact. Either him with the parents or the parents with him. I doubt seriously he has left the country. They will find him close to home or somewhere familiar. I would also guess that someone helping him is high. Think of the food he would have had to pack just to make it between the 14th and today. even at a minimum, my now he would be hungry and in another week starving.

Brian showed up at their house the morning of the 1st, so they didn't go on the 1st to 3rd trip that they had reservations for. Would be interesting to know if they canceled because he surprised them when he arrived home, or if they had a heads-up from him that he WOULD be arriving on the 1st, so they canceled the camping reservations. At 10:30 am, it seems to me that they would already have left on the camping trip...which makes me wonder if they knew ahead of time that sonny-boy would be arriving around that time. jmo
If they cancelled within 2 days of September 1st, they also would have needed to pay the first night of camping. Plausible, of course, but I also wonder if they had known before that he was returning.

Pinellas County, Florida, Park and Conservation Resources - Camping Information

I'm a bad judge because I'm a bit jaded and suspicious of everything, but it looks a wee bit photoshopped - as if there's a gaussian blur on the edge of the figure.

His end goal is to spend at least one more day not behind bars. This isn't the case of someone who stole a car, or caused a DWI fatality, where a reasonable person would know they'd not spend life in prison. It's HIGHLY likely Brian, once apprehended, will never see the light of day outside a prison, ever ever again.

So what does have to lose? If they charge him with murder and being a fugitive, that's likely life in prison. If he turned himself in when the arrest warrant was issued for theft, that's life in prison once they charge him with Gabby's murder.

Running is a bet a lot of people would take in his position, IMHO.

REGARDING THE “INSTAGRAM LIVE” video on a boat

I have found the real original video posted to TikTok 07/22/2020 from a totally unrelated person! It can now be confirmed fake.

I have requested whether I can post it here, but it is an actual video (rather than a screenshot) from July 2020.

ETA: I did not find this myself, someone else did, but I can confirm with my own eyes it is NOT a screenshot/screen-recording of “Brian on Instagram live”

ETA: People need to STOP messing with investigations by screenshotting random people’s old videos and then claiming they came from Brian’s current account. That is such weird and gross behavior. I will never understand.

Last edited:
Can you please link the wildlife cam pic? I heard it mentioned they had 8-10 trail cams to pick up wildlife on Carlton reserve but never actually saw a photo! I totally missed that
I don't believe there is any photo of Brian at the Carlton Reserve. There was another wildlife cam that picked up a photo of someone on a hiking trail in Baker, about 500 miles from the Carlton Reserve that some believed was Brian, but it was later determined it wasn't. Here's the story.
Hiker caught on deer cam was not Brian Laundrie, Florida deputies confirm

Brian showed up at their house the morning of the 1st, so they didn't go on the 1st to 3rd trip that they had reservations for. Would be interesting to know if they canceled because he surprised them when he arrived home, or if they had a heads-up from him that he WOULD be arriving on the 1st, so they canceled the camping reservations. At 10:30 am, it seems to me that they would already have left on the camping trip...which makes me wonder if they knew ahead of time that sonny-boy would be arriving around that time. jmo
Even if they hadn't left yet, they would've at least been packing up. I still think he called them and told them after he killed her.

Last edited:
I don't think he was really thinking that far ahead. What little thought he did put into it was probably banking on her not being found and this case not blowing up the way it has.

That would make sense if GP body had been better hidden. As it was, she was kind of out in the open with bright orange very near to her or on her.
I still think he took the 'hiking trip' alone right after whatever happened between him and GP and hitchhiked for an alibi. He was hoping she would be discovered right then and there and he could play the shocked and grieving boyfriend and then run home to mommy and daddy and everything would be a-ok.
But, she wasn't found...not then anyway. With nothing else to do and nowhere else to go-he still returned home to mommy and daddy. But, nothing has been a-ok since GP died and he (and his family-imo) have been left to fly by the seat of their pants since then.

BL portrayed himself to be a camper. I'm not sure he would survive in the elements for long.
There is a big difference between camping out of a van or rv and surviving in the wilderness.
SBM
IMO a person who brags that they are superior hikers or campers or outdoor survival experts usual aren't, under closer view. If he had confidence in those fields he would not have to try to convince anyone of it.

Still thinking on this timeline, I feel almost sure the last time BL was seen as 9/13 and the parents said 9/14, either intentionally or unintentionally. That's the date the notice was left on the Mustang. To be fair, their lives are in a bit of chaos right now, so maybe that was their connection. Regardless, I'm not convinced he left their home on 9/14.

Putting that aside, I looked up the Florida statute again on lost/abandoned vehicles. It states the officer must make reasonable attempts to find out who owns the vehicle, given the circumstances, wouldn't that have maybe sent up since red flags when the vehicle came back presumably registered to someone in that household? I don't know that I ever saw who it was registered to.

ANYWAY, I'm sidetracked again, are there any pictures from the house when LE picked up the van on 9/11? I'm trying to find some and everything I'm running across are reports after the fact. I'm wondering if the Mustang was there on the 11th.

Eta: my working theory is the Mustang was left at the reserve while the Laundries traveled to wherever they traveled in whatever two dates. Logic tells me it would had to have been there a couple of days with no movement for someone to consider it lost/abandoned. I would assume if it had been parked illegally, it would have received a different type of citation or possibly towed. The fact it wasn't towed, leads me to believe it was in a designated parking area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member