Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he pulled it out of his pocket a few minutes later so Lord knows what he was on about.

Yes, it was GP's phone in the 'spot' in the van, and he said at
14:39 'i don't have my phone. . I don't really, i don't have a phone.
Later on the wallet....
Wallet was in his right hand pocket 'ID in the car' he had said , but at 54 minutes he does take his wallet out of his pocket with his license but says he thought it was 'with car stuff' or something.
Then At 55 minutes he takes PHONE out of the same pocket...

Someone way back said maybe he didn't have a phone per se' and just had a wifi plan or a text service app. However, 'phone' is a very general statement IMO, and the LE wasn't asking him anything but a broad question I still find it to not make good sense. And then of course we are back to him being home and leaving 'his phone and wallet' behind before his hike.

We may never know but it still piques my curiosity.

JMO

Let’s face it, he had days and days and days to get lost and end up someplace comfortable. The swamp was a diversion but hopefully the people searching there got good practice. He will eventually be spotted by a member of the public if he lets his guard down. And by then he will look totally different.

Suicide? Cowards don’t do that.

jmo

just a thought ... if he did tell his parents whatever story he chose to tell them and they had camping plan , why wouldn't they tell him to meet them at the campground??
This is what I'm stuck on too. If my adult son told me he was coming home and I already had a camping trip planned, I might not cancel the trip just because he was coming home. I might tell him to join us at the campground, or even say I'd see him when we got back, but cancel? That feels like something you'd do if someone gave you a heads up that involved big news... IMO

I would appreciate e link to BLs bedroom

Just for future reference ... there is a search function at the top right of the page where anyone can put in a keyword (such as 'bedroom') then click on search, or search this thread only, and among the search results we can usually find what we are looking for, if it has been posted before.

Thought I would mention this tip as there are quite a few requests, here and there, for information that has been previously posted.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
I find their behavior really suspicious. Your son comes home without the woman he left with in her van and I am sure with her possessions and they say 'come, we will go camping'. There is no way that those parents did not think that there was something suspicious going on there, no matter what he told them.

You don't have to be a parent for very long before you can figure out when your child is obfuscating or flat-out lying to you. Maybe parents of adults don't always confront children when they are lying, but I agree with you....they still recognize when their child is covering up something or lying. I'm not sure how they could have parented him for 24 years without getting a very sinking feeling about {insert any explanation here} for his return in her van without her.

You don't have to be a parent for very long before you can figure out when your child is obfuscating or flat-out lying to you. Maybe parents of adults don't always confront children when they are lying, but I agree with you....they still recognize when their child is covering up something or lying. I'm not sure how they could have parented him for 24 years without getting a very sinking feeling about {insert any explanation here} for his return in her van without her.

Mmhmmmm. Agreed.

That would make sense if GP body had been better hidden. As it was, she was kind of out in the open with bright orange very near to her or on her.
I still think he took the 'hiking trip' alone right after whatever happened between him and GP and hitchhiked for an alibi. He was hoping she would be discovered right then and there and he could play the shocked and grieving boyfriend and then run home to mommy and daddy and everything would be a-ok.
But, she wasn't found...not then anyway. With nothing else to do and nowhere else to go-he still returned home to mommy and daddy. But, nothing has been a-ok since GP died and he (and his family-imo) have been left to fly by the seat of their pants since then.
Maybe, but she wasn't found quickly at all. She was there for weeks and found only after they knew where to look. At the start they didn't even know which area to search for her. Her being found was honestly very lucky. The odds were in BL's favor originally.

To give the Laundries the benefit of doubt in the beginning: It is possible that BL phoned them just before Sept 1 and they postponed the camping trip to Sept 6. And only on that camping trip they found out more details, therefore also left early. This piece puzzles me if they indeed all went home. It would have been just one more night there.

Last edited:
Respectfully disagree. Some parents of narcissistic children are very much in denial of their children's' behaviors and turn a blind eye. Some are just absolutely naïve.
I think BL told his parents they broke up and went their separate ways. I dont think his parents thought anything of this until she was reported missing. MOO

I have another one of my morning "wonderings", and just can't remember or find (at the moment) some facts to help me argue myself out of this, likely a totally absurd scenario!

MOO!!! Since Gabby lived with the Laundries for a while, she likely was close to the family. Only support for that is that she did live there and the postcards to Brian's nieces are full of love and simply adorable. We haven't seen or heard, well I haven't, that she did something similar for others.

Do we have any indication of phone records or insight after the Moab incident that maybe she called Brian's mom while sitting in the car instead of her family?

This occurred to me as I, admittedly, try to compare my own experience with friends (boyfriends and girlfriends) of my kids. While none lived with us, some nearly did upon occasion, depending on their family dynamics or convenience at the time. We were a good "safe haven". With at least one of the girlfriends, she would have called me instead of her parent's all day long to fret or vent or ask for advice.

I would SO love to see the story the phone records have to tell. Alas.

My "wonderings" continue with:

Do we know when Gabby's phone was last active? I seem to remember around September 1st, but wasn't sure if that was absolutely verified.

I keep trying to figure out why the last text on 30th is now not discussed by her family, or any other communication between anyone, really after a certain date.

IF someone else had her phone, in this case, someone other than BL- pretending to be her to his and her family, BL, and others- there COULD be insight into why no one worried until after those messages that people thought were from her (possibly crafting a story about who knows what they pretended she was up or where she was). Maybe those texts began to either get super weird, raised suspicion or just stopped.

Highly unlikely, but again, I would like to be able to rule these possibilities running in my head, out, never to be considered again! MOO! This may have already been thoroughly vetted here at some point, if so, please remove!

From late last night:

LATEST: When I asked #BrianLaundrie’s family attorney when *he* last saw or spoke w/ Brian, he was very matter of fact & says he last spoke w/ him on 9/13. He was reported missing by his parents on 9/17. Because Laundrie’s lawyer is based in NY, he never saw him face to face.

Screenshot of text here:

https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1442976829069881350?s=20
So, I guess this answers the question of IF he is BL's attorney as well as the parents attorney. YEP, major conflict, here. jmo

I am also thinking that he is dead. But honestly? I think the FBI will be able to put together a really good picture of what happened to Gabby and they may also be able to pinpoint motive with their collective phone data. I doubt Brian would even speak if he were detained.

If BL were dead, his parents could appear in public and say that our son killed himself and we have been suffering, feeling guilty, angry, sad, ashamed, etc. We are ashamed that we stonewalled the P family, but we thought we were protecting our son. We didn’t tell our lawyer everything because we were still trying to protect our son. That might explain their silence and perhaps temper some of the hatred and scorn that is bound to follow them for the foreseeable future. Honesty washes away many sins. As it stands, their lives will be most unpleasant if they stay in the US.

I also think it’s possible that in fact they don’t know if he’s alive.

Somehow, at some point after he returned from the trip, BL left his parents’ home. They hired a lawyer either before or after. They’re not talking, and their lawyer now seems to be getting in over his head. The parents’ public demeanor IMO conveys fury and a deadly resolve, but I don’t think they’d remain silent if they knew BL were dead. They’d have nothing to lose by coming clean and saying the right things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member