Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If BL were dead, his parents could appear in public and say that our son killed himself and we have been suffering, feeling guilty, angry, sad, ashamed, etc. We are ashamed that we stonewalled the P family, but we thought we were protecting our son. We didn’t tell our lawyer everything because we were still trying to protect our son. That might explain their silence and perhaps temper some of the hatred and scorn that is bound to follow them for the foreseeable future. As it stands, their lives will be most unpleasant if they stay in the US.

I also think it’s possible that in fact they don’t know if he’s alive.

Somehow, BL left his parents’ home. They hired a lawyer either before or after. They’re not talking, and their lawyer now seems to be getting in over his head. The parents’ public demeanor IMO conveys fury and a deadly resolve. I don’t think they’d remain silent if he were dead. They’d have nothing to lose by coming clean and saying the right things.

Imo, their attorney was in over his head the moment Brian showed up at his parents house without Gabby.
They all ignored her parents frantic calls & texts. Not one of them contacted LE.

I think the people who have smoked weed are really the ones that should be listened to, as they have the experience. And no, smoking weed probably has nothing to do with what happened to Gabby, in any way. If we were speaking about alcohol, or prescription drugs, or street drugs, I may consider.. but weed? no. It is not in the same genre. If one has experience with substances, one would understand the difference.
And that's one opinion. :) Point is, it does alter perception.

Agree. Not sure why weed is even part of this conversation. I live in Canada where weed is legal and part of everyday life. Most people I know smoke it, you'll walk down the street and smell it just like cigarette smoke. Some people that aren't familiar with it/don't smoke it can sometimes seem to have a bias against people who do. I've seen several comments here that are indirectly suggesting certain things about Brian AND Gabby because they smoked weed.

I think it is important to note it can be laced with other drugs for sure. I smoked weed for a couple of years in college until once I smoked with friends who I was not close with. I had horrible hallucinations and didn’t sleep for 24 hours and I to this day believe it was laced with something. Not sure what. Another friend had the same experience. Have not smoked since this incident and have no desire to. If you add that on top of other issues it can be a recipe for disaster.

Before this closes I will add that i believe most people who use edibles, ointments, or smoke are far more savvy and educated than we were. We got our weed from people on the street. It's different now and specific. These aren't 14 year olds smoking for the first time. They are adults.
And having a good bunch of 20 somethings around my home, and smelling it, I've never seen any concerning behavior ever. .... jeez they don't even laugh or get the munchies anymore.
It’s so different now. I have my med MJ card. I’ve been getting stoned since 1973 when you could get a four finger lid for $10. Trivia: Ziploc appeared that year. Pot kept falling out of those Baggies. First joint I ever smoked was rolled out of a dollar bill.

Hi, this is my first post, but I have been following this story since day 1 and followed this thread on and off.

I just wanted to post some information about the Appalachian Trail that I am not sure has been discussed, but could explain why they have moved on from searching the campground and the reserve. The better known part of the Appalachian Trail is going through Georgia to Maine, but not many know there is an extension into Florida that ends all the way into the Keys. This trail is very accessible to the Laundrie's based on their location and their travels to Orlando.

Something to consider is a fast hiker on the trail can clock in 20+ miles a day on the trail and there is what they call "trail magic" where individuals leave supplies for hikers like food and water at areas along the trail. If BL can survive off crackers for months like he/friends claim, he could live off of the snacks left for hikers throughout the Appalachian Trail without having to go into the public.

Generally it takes up to 5 months or longer for thru hikers to complete the Appalachian Trail so there is possibility that many hikers are unaware of this story still. Having said that, I'm not sure how busy the trail is with thru hikers at this time, but I know in my area of Maryland, the Appalachian Trail is packed with "weekenders" still.
url
url

I attached a map of the Flordia trail and the entire map of the full Eastern Continental Trail

Attachments

• ECT_AMT_Route_Map.jpg
    ECT_AMT_Route_Map.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 41
  • FT_Map_mobile.png
    FT_Map_mobile.png
    116 KB · Views: 36
Not the outcome anyone wanted but I’m so glad they found him. I continue to be amazed at some people’s ability to recollect clothing and/or other identifying factors of complete strangers. Especially months later. I can barely remember what I was wearing two days ago.
This post refers to another missing Tetons hiker found in the process of searching for GP.
This hiker was carrying a duffel bag instead of a backpack. That would have been noteworthy. Hikers do talk to one another. This is why I’ve been saying all along that BL will be noticed on the AT. And right now the southbounders (thru hikers who started in Maine) are in the South. He’ll walk right into them like a head wind. They’ve been on the trail for months and will be a savvy and seasoned bunch. There’s no way they won’t remember (and likely gossip about) this momma’s boy. And, heck, that reward money can go a long way to getting some decent re-supply. FOOD!
Also, it’s staggering how little publicity was applied to this hiker versus GP.

It’s so different now. I have my med MJ card. I’ve been getting stoned since 1973 when you could get a four finger lid for $10. Trivia: Ziploc appeared that year. Pot kept falling out of those Baggies. First joint I ever smoked was rolled out of a dollar bill.
yeah I was along beside you back then.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the much of the marijuana of today isn't the same stuff they smoked in the 60's and 70's, it's stronger and possibly laced with other things, which would tend to increase the aforementioned episodes. And of course, this is not to dismiss pure sources such as dispensers.
They actually have hybridized many high CBD low THC strains, readily available. There are a wide variety of choices now, for all kinds of preferences.

You don't have to be a parent for very long before you can figure out when your child is obfuscating or flat-out lying to you. Maybe parents of adults don't always confront children when they are lying, but I agree with you....they still recognize when their child is covering up something or lying. I'm not sure how they could have parented him for 24 years without getting a very sinking feeling about {insert any explanation here} for his return in her van without her.
Some parents are in deep denial IMO. Some place within them prevents them from noticing and/or knowing the obvious.

Hi, this is my first post, but I have been following this story since day 1 and followed this thread on and off.

I just wanted to post some information about the Appalachian Trail that I am not sure has been discussed, but could explain why they have moved on from searching the campground and the reserve. The better known part of the Appalachian Trail is going through Georgia to Maine, but not many know there is an extension into Florida that ends all the way into the Keys. This trail is very accessible to the Laundrie's based on their location and their travels to Orlando.

Something to consider is a fast hiker on the trail can clock in 20+ miles a day on the trail and there is what they call "trail magic" where individuals leave supplies for hikers like food and water at areas along the trail. If BL can survive off crackers for months like he/friends claim, he could live off of the snacks left for hikers throughout the Appalachian Trail without having to go into the public.

Generally it takes up to 5 months or longer for thru hikers to complete the Appalachian Trail so there is possibility that many hikers are unaware of this story still. Having said that, I'm not sure how busy the trail is with thru hikers at this time, but I know in my area of Maryland, the Appalachian Trail is packed with "weekenders" still.
url
url

I attached a map of the Flordia trail and the entire map of the full Eastern Continental Trail
I also was wondering about trail magic. Usually that is not something that is just left, right? My understanding is other or former AT hikers come back and will set up a table with snacks and maybe a grill with hamburgers/hotdogs. So BL would have to interact with people. Or do they leave goodie bags along the trail too!?

This post refers to another missing Tetons hiker found in the process of searching for GP.
This hiker was carrying a duffel bag instead of a backpack. That would have been noteworthy. Hikers do talk to one another. This is why I’ve been saying all along that BL will be noticed on the AT. And right now the southbounders (thru hikers who started in Maine) are in the South. He’ll walk right into them like a head wind. They’ve been on the trail for months and will be a savvy and seasoned bunch. There’s no way they won’t remember (and likely gossip about) this momma’s boy. And, heck, that reward money can go a long way to getting some decent re-supply. FOOD!
Also, it’s staggering how little publicity was applied to this hiker versus GP.
I just read that case. It was sad. He cancelled his mail before he left, and did not have knowledge about camping, was seen just sitting alone. Also, 2 children left behind. I did have this momentary morbid and bizarre thought that at least Gabby wasn't alone. Weird, don't judge. MOO.

url
url

Hello and welcome!

Yesterday I posted a comment similar to your's but it was deleted with the reason being (deleted saying goodbye isn't necessary) which is not what I said. I said I needed to take a breather. It is impacting me like I've never experienced before and I needed to back off for a bit.

The reason was I was becoming too involved emotionally and it was beginning to take a toll on my own mental and physical health. Now I will read just a few comments and move on with my day.... I had to stop to restore myself. But maybe this will be deleted also.

I hope today is the day they find BL dead or alive.... I wish her family peace.... This was a terrible crime and it gets worse by the day by not capturing this guy.
The only reason I suspect BL may be alive is his parents bahavior isn't that of grieving parents or parents that don't know where their missing son is. I know people grieve in different ways, but they don't seem to be showing any. Look at the difference in GP's family and BL's family. GP's mother wears her grief all over her body. God Bless Gabby's family!

Lawd I tried looking too and my eyes hurt there were so many pages lol. Ill try again though thank you
Are you meaning the site # at the campground? They were on #1 and #15. Not sure which was the supposed "canceled" one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1