Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, but it absolutely does matter. Just google "marijuana and psychotic episodes".

"While most people who use marijuana will never experience this, use of cannabis can trigger an episode of psychosis. It can cause symptoms like hallucinations, delusions, disordered thoughts, unusual behaviors and emotional responses, paranoia, suspicion, and others."
Bolded: I am in a state that is legal for med/rec use of marijuana. My husband has RA and at one point we were getting some ( from a dispensary) to see if it would help. The strain that worked best for him was one that my son said made him paranoid. Wow looking at what I originally typed before I edited it you would think I was the one using it.

Last edited:
Are you meaning the site # at the campground? They were on #1 and #15. Not sure which was the supposed "canceled" one.
I think I heard that the Laundrie's wound up being at site 1 on the 6th - 8th, but I was curious what site the people taking the selfie with a possible BL sighting were at

Question….does anyone recall any cases in recent history where the identity of the main POI is known and they go missing and are yet to be found? Obviously there are many instances where the suspect in unknown and never found.
The reason I ask is because I’m trying to understand what happens going forward if Brian or his body is never found. At what point do they stop using so many resources to locate him? What happens with Gabby’s murder case?
As a parent there are so many nightmares out there. A missing child never found, or their murder never known, but knowing who did it and never knowing if they are still out there somewhere alive….that would be very hard to live with.

I am extremely curious about this article that states that Gabby was last seen on August 30 Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

Fox News recently obtained the missing persons’ report for Petito, in which her mother, Nichole Schmidt, stated that her daughter was last seen at 7 a.m. on Aug. 30 at Grand Teton National Park. Schmidt wrote in the report that her Long Island home was a "probable destination."​

This was apparently in the missing person report filed by NS. I suppose she could be mistaken on the date GP was last seen, but I find that hard to believe. Is she referring to a facetime call or did someone actually see her there in person? I really want to know more about this.

It’s so different now. I have my med MJ card. I’ve been getting stoned since 1973 when you could get a four finger lid for $10. Trivia: Ziploc appeared that year. Pot kept falling out of those Baggies. First joint I ever smoked was rolled out of a dollar bill.
LOL. And your perception seems to be intact! jmo

Hi, this is my first post, but I have been following this story since day 1 and followed this thread on and off.

I just wanted to post some information about the Appalachian Trail that I am not sure has been discussed, but could explain why they have moved on from searching the campground and the reserve. The better known part of the Appalachian Trail is going through Georgia to Maine, but not many know there is an extension into Florida that ends all the way into the Keys. This trail is very accessible to the Laundrie's based on their location and their travels to Orlando.

Something to consider is a fast hiker on the trail can clock in 20+ miles a day on the trail and there is what they call "trail magic" where individuals leave supplies for hikers like food and water at areas along the trail. If BL can survive off crackers for months like he/friends claim, he could live off of the snacks left for hikers throughout the Appalachian Trail without having to go into the public.

Generally it takes up to 5 months or longer for thru hikers to complete the Appalachian Trail so there is possibility that many hikers are unaware of this story still. Having said that, I'm not sure how busy the trail is with thru hikers at this time, but I know in my area of Maryland, the Appalachian Trail is packed with "weekenders" still.
url
url

I attached a map of the Flordia trail and the entire map of the full Eastern Continental Trail

What an interesting first post. Welcome!

I also was wondering about trail magic. Usually that is not something that is just left, right? My understanding is other or former AT hikers come back and will set up a table with snacks and maybe a grill with hamburgers/hotdogs. So BL would have to interact with people. Or do they leave goodie bags along the trail too!?

I have heard of people just leave coolers full of snacks and just use the honor system. Kind of like how people who aren't home for Halloween leave the bowl with a note saying "only take one piece"

This post refers to another missing Tetons hiker found in the process of searching for GP.
This hiker was carrying a duffel bag instead of a backpack. That would have been noteworthy. Hikers do talk to one another. This is why I’ve been saying all along that BL will be noticed on the AT. And right now the southbounders (thru hikers who started in Maine) are in the South. He’ll walk right into them like a head wind. They’ve been on the trail for months and will be a savvy and seasoned bunch. There’s no way they won’t remember (and likely gossip about) this momma’s boy. And, heck, that reward money can go a long way to getting some decent re-supply. FOOD!
Also, it’s staggering how little publicity was applied to this hiker versus GP.

Agreed! Unless he was a weekend hiker most hiking the northbound to Maine have already made it there and are finished or turning around. Not many people hike north in October from the South. Conditions are deteriorating in the upper elevations already. It’s going to be in the low 40s at night in some places in VA this weekend, so the upper elevations are much colder!

Oh, but it absolutely does matter. Just google "marijuana and psychotic episodes".

"While most people who use marijuana will never experience this, use of cannabis can trigger an episode of psychosis. It can cause symptoms like hallucinations, delusions, disordered thoughts, unusual behaviors and emotional responses, paranoia, suspicion, and others."
I wonder why "most people never experience this" and googled as you suggested, I found these people had these symptoms before they smoked weed, specifically schizophrenia. The drugs that help them won't work for most of us.
But I agree, like alcohol, weed isn't for everyone but that doesn't mean we should all be restricted.
The only thing I can think of that works for 100% of people is water and air, even our food choices are specific to individual biology.

I'm not all that electronics savvy, so bear with me. I've just learned that Apple has an App called "Health App". It comes free with a new iPhone, or you can download it and sync it with your Apple Watch, computer, other phones, etc. One of the features of the app is that it senses and keeps track of the number of steps you take and the kinds of steps that are taken. It can tell if the steps are running steps, walking steps, off-kilter steps, etc. Its not only used for general health reasons, the information gathered can be uploaded to your physician's phone so that he can determine not only the number of steps, but their duration and the type of activity happening while those steps occur.

In a recent case in the UK, a man murdered his wife, staged a burglary and left her phone on the front step of the house to give the impression the burglar/murderers dropped it as they ran away. From the very beginning of the investigation, he insisted she had been murdered during a burglary gone bad. At trial the prosecution used the Health App to demonstrate the movements of both the husband and wife's phone during the time they suspected he murdered her. Her phone was casually walked 14 steps from the front door to where it was found by police on the front steps. His phone mirrored the same. His phone walked back into the house. Hers did not. During the time period when the burglary was staged, his phone indicated frantic movement around the house as he tore the place apart after her murder and attempted to cover his crime. The information helped sentence him to a life tariff.

If Gabby and BL had iPhones, they most probably had this app and used it to keep track of their steps walked from day to day. I would be VERY interested to see the charts of those movements around the time of Gabby's death. If she was attacked and strangled, or bludgeoned with a rock, or knifed - that struggle and the steps associated with it and the nature of those steps would be recorded on her Apple Watch or phone, if she had it in her pocket. The same would be recorded on BL's watch or phone.

Amazing.
Anyone know the whereabouts of Gabby's Apple Watch?

Hi, this is my first post, but I have been following this story since day 1 and followed this thread on and off.

I just wanted to post some information about the Appalachian Trail that I am not sure has been discussed, but could explain why they have moved on from searching the campground and the reserve. The better known part of the Appalachian Trail is going through Georgia to Maine, but not many know there is an extension into Florida that ends all the way into the Keys. This trail is very accessible to the Laundrie's based on their location and their travels to Orlando.

Something to consider is a fast hiker on the trail can clock in 20+ miles a day on the trail and there is what they call "trail magic" where individuals leave supplies for hikers like food and water at areas along the trail. If BL can survive off crackers for months like he/friends claim, he could live off of the snacks left for hikers throughout the Appalachian Trail without having to go into the public.

Generally it takes up to 5 months or longer for thru hikers to complete the Appalachian Trail so there is possibility that many hikers are unaware of this story still. Having said that, I'm not sure how busy the trail is with thru hikers at this time, but I know in my area of Maryland, the Appalachian Trail is packed with "weekenders" still.
url
url

I attached a map of the Flordia trail and the entire map of the full Eastern Continental Trail

I do think people think of it as not well travelled and remote, but it's actually quite well travelled. I've only done the northern end when I was in college many decades ago. There are certainly places someone could go and get off trail to hide, but unless someone was travelling at night, they'd be seen along the way. There is a possibility Brian is there and the people he's run into just don't know about this case, but if he's there he'll eventually be noticed.

This post refers to another missing Tetons hiker found in the process of searching for GP.
This hiker was carrying a duffel bag instead of a backpack. That would have been noteworthy. Hikers do talk to one another. This is why I’ve been saying all along that BL will be noticed on the AT. And right now the southbounders (thru hikers who started in Maine) are in the South. He’ll walk right into them like a head wind. They’ve been on the trail for months and will be a savvy and seasoned bunch. There’s no way they won’t remember (and likely gossip about) this momma’s boy. And, heck, that reward money can go a long way to getting some decent re-supply. FOOD!
Also, it’s staggering how little publicity was applied to this hiker versus GP.

Thinking about the south-bounders makes me think he would want to start or hide out somewhere like NC or VA because he wouldn’t run into as many people.

6hsVstmt_mini.jpg

Josh Benson
@WFLAJosh
· 2m
NOW. Getting reports there's activity at Fort De Soto. Reports of law enforcement on scene and helicopter in the air. #BrianLaundrie #GabbyPetito #FortDeSoto
Not seeing any copter in that area on flightradar24.com...Was anyone watching ten-fifteen minutes ago?

Edit: typo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member