Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here listened to the scanners from the time frame of the Tetons? Not sure if we are allowed to post what is found here or not (read some mention of a "basement" thread, have no idea what that is!!!) I figure since flight radar discussion is allowed, some generalities about scanners might be.

I thought I might let those archives run in the background to see if there is anything to be spotted there, but not interested in that if someone has already tried-pretty time consuming...

If no one has done that, yet, does anyone happen to know off the top of their head which channel(s) serve that area, by chance?

Thanks much!

Are you meaning the site # at the campground? They were on #1 and #15. Not sure which was the supposed "canceled" one.
I think I heard that the Laundrie's wound up being at site 1 on the 6th - 8th, but I was curious what site the people taking the selfie with a possible BL sighting were at
@JuliaGoolia Check your messages please!
Ok so the people in that selfie pic at the campground were at site 2, the Laundries were site 1

https://www.pinellascounty.org/park/pdf/campground.pdf

That was him

At first I was all for the people who had the bullhorn and were camped out at the Laundries. I really hate to quash any rights when it comes to protesting, but at this point I think it's harassment and disturbing the peace. I do believe the Laundries are complicit and have aided and abetted Brian in hiding out, but in our country I also believe in everyone's right to due process and that we are innocent until proven guilty. At this point LE should step in and stop this. The bullhorn people need to go home.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443214449888923651

Look, I would never grab a bullhorn to do this. I would probably hate bullhorn guy within 15 seconds of starting a conversation.

BUT, it's weird to prioritize preserving the Laundries' right to due process (which isn't being hampered by bullhorn guy unless that guy is a federal judge) over preserving the speech rights of local citizens who are protesting and haven't been implicated in crimes.

Look, I would never grab a bullhorn to do this. I would probably hate bullhorn guy within 15 seconds of starting a conversation.

BUT, it's weird to prioritize preserving the Laundries' right to due process (which isn't being hampered by bullhorn guy unless that guy is a federal judge) over preserving the rights of local citizens who are protesting and haven't been implicated in crimes.
I'm prioritizing my rights. :)

Dbm
What was the point of staying overnight for one lousy night, though? Just to get their money's worth? Or at least, half of it?......oops, if RL did indeed sign out on the 8th, then I guess they did stay 2 nights. jmo
Well, that's a question. Number one reason to go camping is 'to get away from it all'. That could go both ways. If Mom and Dad knew she was dead, it's awfully cold (though surely he explained it away as an accident). If Mom and Dad just thought they broke up, maybe they thought it would be good for him?

From late last night:

LATEST: When I asked #BrianLaundrie’s family attorney when *he* last saw or spoke w/ Brian, he was very matter of fact & says he last spoke w/ him on 9/13. He was reported missing by his parents on 9/17. Because Laundrie’s lawyer is based in NY, he never saw him face to face.

Screenshot of text here:

https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1442976829069881350?s=20
9/13: Last time BL's attorney, Steven Bertolino, last spoke with BL
9/14: BL's parents claim he left for Carlton Reserve
9/17: Laundries report BL missing

Makes me wonder what Bertolino said to BL the day before he ran. Did the lawyer paint such a true picture of the circumstances that it triggered BL's flight instinct? Or maybe he gave BL advice that he didn't agree with? Or maybe just insignificant administrative details? I dunno, but it sure makes me curious.

Are you meaning the site # at the campground? They were on #1 and #15. Not sure which was the supposed "canceled" one.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but w/r/t the "canceled camping sites" debate, I for one am not quite sure why it proves or disproves anything... I mean, can't you just "not show up" for your reservation? At least in my mind, I'm not imagining the campsites caring whether you do or don't, as long as you don't ask for a refund, they're still getting your money.

Hi, this is my first post, but I have been following this story since day 1 and followed this thread on and off.

I just wanted to post some information about the Appalachian Trail that I am not sure has been discussed, but could explain why they have moved on from searching the campground and the reserve. The better known part of the Appalachian Trail is going through Georgia to Maine, but not many know there is an extension into Florida that ends all the way into the Keys. This trail is very accessible to the Laundrie's based on their location and their travels to Orlando.

Something to consider is a fast hiker on the trail can clock in 20+ miles a day on the trail and there is what they call "trail magic" where individuals leave supplies for hikers like food and water at areas along the trail. If BL can survive off crackers for months like he/friends claim, he could live off of the snacks left for hikers throughout the Appalachian Trail without having to go into the public.

Generally it takes up to 5 months or longer for thru hikers to complete the Appalachian Trail so there is possibility that many hikers are unaware of this story still. Having said that, I'm not sure how busy the trail is with thru hikers at this time, but I know in my area of Maryland, the Appalachian Trail is packed with "weekenders" still.
url
url

I attached a map of the Flordia trail and the entire map of the full Eastern Continental Trail

Wow, thank you for a great post along with the AT maps. This could be a possibility for a route BL has taken. I am still thinking that the FBI and other LE agencies have a strong belief that BL is, or was, in the Carlton Reserve, and could be searching for him alive or deceased. Something must have led them to that area, even ignoring that the Laundries pointed them in that direction and may not be trustworthy. Perhaps they needed to rule it out, and my guess is they are also checking other leads as well. It would be so easy for BL to disguise himself with different hats, sunglasses, etc. but knowing the public interest in this case, I am sure everyone on the AT is looking for him!

Agreed! Unless he was a weekend hiker most hiking the northbound to Maine have already made it there and are finished or turning around. Not many people hike north in October from the South. Conditions are deteriorating in the upper elevations already. It’s going to be in the low 40s at night in some places in VA this weekend, so the upper elevations are much colder!
I think by a certain time frame sections of the trail are closed on the northern end.

Relevance? Not trying to be snarky, but what would that tell us if true?

Why would LE want to know if the Laundries new camper and pickup truck was at Grand Teton after August 27 but before Sept. 1? For one thing it would tell LE how involved BL's parents actually are in the coverup of what happened to Gabby.

Has anyone here listened to the scanners from the time frame of the Tetons? Not sure if we are allowed to post what is found here or not (read some mention of a "basement" thread, have no idea what that is!!!) I figure since flight radar discussion is allowed, some generalities about scanners might be.

I thought I might let those archives run in the background to see if there is anything to be spotted there, but not interested in that if someone has already tried-pretty time consuming...

If no one has done that, yet, does anyone happen to know off the top of their head which channel(s) serve that area, by chance?

Thanks much!

I don’t know the answers to your questions bu here’s the link to the scanner threads:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/scanner-chatter.377/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member