Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably someone trespassing to look for BL or something stupid. Trying not to get my hopes up.
The E5 tornado of 2013 hit my entire neighborhood and school. The National Guard, FBI, OSBI, MPD were stationed directly in front of my house. There was a moratorium on movement with guards stationed at all entry points. I’m mean, seriously - right in front of our house. We sat in lawn chairs in the front yard and on top of our vehicles. My daughter was on CNN. I couldn’t count the number of times we watched the guards take down someone for trying to bypass them. Then I guess the dirt- red water floodgates opened and photographers went nuts. They were jumping over fences - sneaking in our back yards just to get photos. LE wrestled those interlopers right down to the muddy ground with handcuffs.

Creepy. I am anti-legalization except for highly regulated medical use.

Right now an ex-boyfriend is spending his retirement getting high to avoid dealing with reality. I will never understand the pervasive acceptance to abuse any drug.

I am not ok with #1 legalization at all and definitely not by states in defiance of federal law or #2 "recreational" use by Gabby or any other person.

Not surprised by the pro-drug use discussion here. But am appalled.

JMO
Respectfully, I’m not sure discussion of Gabby’s MJ use is victim-friendly at this point in the case regardless of whether we approve or not. JMO

Hi, this is my first post, but I have been following this story since day 1 and followed this thread on and off.

I just wanted to post some information about the Appalachian Trail that I am not sure has been discussed, but could explain why they have moved on from searching the campground and the reserve. The better known part of the Appalachian Trail is going through Georgia to Maine, but not many know there is an extension into Florida that ends all the way into the Keys. This trail is very accessible to the Laundrie's based on their location and their travels to Orlando.

Something to consider is a fast hiker on the trail can clock in 20+ miles a day on the trail and there is what they call "trail magic" where individuals leave supplies for hikers like food and water at areas along the trail. If BL can survive off crackers for months like he/friends claim, he could live off of the snacks left for hikers throughout the Appalachian Trail without having to go into the public.

Generally it takes up to 5 months or longer for thru hikers to complete the Appalachian Trail so there is possibility that many hikers are unaware of this story still. Having said that, I'm not sure how busy the trail is with thru hikers at this time, but I know in my area of Maryland, the Appalachian Trail is packed with "weekenders" still.
url
url

I attached a map of the Flordia trail and the entire map of the full Eastern Continental Trail

Thank you & Welcome! :)

9/13: Last time BL's attorney, Steven Bertolino, last spoke with BL
9/14: BL's parents claim he left for Carlton Reserve
9/17: Laundries report BL missing

Makes me wonder what Bertolino said to BL the day before he ran. Did the lawyer paint such a true picture of the circumstances that it triggered BL's flight instinct? Or maybe he gave BL advice that he didn't agree with? Or maybe just insignificant administrative details? I dunno, but it sure makes me curious.
I thought it was interesting because, if we're to believe him, he is not in contact with him while he's on the run.

Replying to
@WFLAJosh
This is the camper that was at camp 001 where the laundries stayed (this is in the background of photos from the family that stayed @ camp 002)
This camper looks different than the one in the driveway. Didn't one of the searches come across a random camper, maybe in the reserve? I remember seeing this recently in a thread, but I don't even know what time frame to begin searching.

I'm thinking BL is going to want to stay in the warmer climates. I'm not sure I see him going to where it's starting to get cold if he is indeed camping out. Mornings are getting cool even where I am.
JMO

Which makes me inclined to think she did buy a burner phone. But until it's verified, it could just be another rabbit hole and I wasted all last night looking at that twitter account. :)

I'm with ya, makes me scratch my head a bit. One accusation gets a long winded response/baloney compared to "no comment." I would be surprised if it's false at this point.

Agreed! Unless he was a weekend hiker most hiking the northbound to Maine have already made it there and are finished or turning around. Not many people hike north in October from the South. Conditions are deteriorating in the upper elevations already. It’s going to be in the low 40s at night in some places in VA this weekend, so the upper elevations are much colder!
Usually by the end of September all those coming south have finished. There's a few stragglers into October. I've done the Knife's Edge as late as the middle of Oct., but after that it's pretty much closed until April. Of course you're not staying up there, you go up in the am and get down before dark. But the cold never bothered me, you can always add layers.

Why would LE want to know if the Laundries new camper and pickup truck was at Grand Teton after August 27 but before Sept. 1? For one thing it would tell LE how involved BL's parents actually are in the coverup of what happened to Gabby.

* Misunderstood question. I don’t think LE believes Laundries‘ truck and Camper were at GrandcTetons. Those items have been well accounted for during that time period

I don’t understand how that would implicate the parents at all. We don’t know what BL told them when and knowing his whereabouts during the above time period you referenced doesn’t shed any more light that I can see in this regard .

Feds might be very interested in BL’s whereabouts and movements during that time period because that is the critical time that the card fraud for which there is a warrant for BL’s arrest is based. Also, Gabby was last seen alive on 8/27 so it would be extremely useful in lining up BL’s locations after that time. He was seen hitchhiking on the 29th. That was when he was last seen in Wyoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarlaK