Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad had a “burner” phone so to speak. You purchase the phone, and certain companies do it a different way. The first one he had was a back up when he drove over the road. That one he would get a phone card and pay so much for so many minutes. It can be attached to any name. The second one, he purchased the phone and the company took the money out of his account automatically each month. It was a pay as you go type thing, no contract. It’s not hard to get one. I had a non contract phone for a while myself. IMO they’re easy to get. And if I remember correctly, my dad went into both company stores and got the phones. You give them a name to set up the accounts and that’s that.

so that kind of leaves 2 options if Brian and this “older lady” went into an AT&T store. He was either on that person’s plan and they needed to be there for a new phone (I’ve never had to have a broken or missing phone replaced so I don’t know if that can be done automatically in store and you walk out with new phone), or he picked out a prepaid phone and cards for minutes or a no contract plan and the person with him paid for it.

I think that's right. In the recent case of Faye Swetlik, a little girl murdered in South Carolina, the murderer killed himself as LE was closing in and located little Faye's body. At the time, LE stated they believed the person who committed suicide was responsible for Faye's death but did not provide too much information. About a year later, LE released a report outlining what they found in their investigation that led them to believe beyond any doubt that the now-deceased murderer was responsible for Faye's death and that no one else was involved. They thanked the community for their help and said they considered the case closed.

We followed that case here on WS but I would not consider it super high profile outside of the local area. But still, LE wanted to make sure they were transparent about their investigation and make sure there were no accomplices. In high profile cases, I think LE will feel pressure to do something similar to assure the public the perpetrator has been identified and give some closure to the people who followed the case and shared tips, etc. I doubt it would be as detailed as what you'd see in a trial but would be enough to tell the story properly.
Thank you for that good information!

Brian Laundrie family attorney does not know what happened to client's old cellphone, he says

The Laundrie family's attorney, Steven Bertolino, confirmed Thursday that "a phone was purchased on Sept. 4, 2021, and Brian opened an account with AT&T for that phone."

Bertolino added: "Brian left that phone at home the day he went for a hike in the preserve on Sept. 14, 2021, and the FBI now has that phone."

But when asked if he knew what happened to Laundrie's old cellphone, Bertolino responded: "No."

I don't think Mr. Bertolino knows anything for a fact. He just knows what his clients tell him. I'm not buying it until I see a sales record.

This is from the Daily Mail and it looks like they've aggregated it from Fox News:

Excerpt:

Police in North Port, Florida received at least two 911 calls connected to the home of fugitive Brian Laundrie's parents on September 10 — the day before his late fiancée, Gabby Petito, 22, was reported missing.

The calls were placed just before 4pm and 6.30pm, according to police logs provided to Fox News.

Officers also received three calls connected to the residence on September 11, the day Petito's mother filed a missing persons' report for the 22-year-old.

Cops were called to Brian Laundrie's home twice on the day BEFORE Gabby Petito was reported missing | Daily Mail Online

Can therapists or psychologists be subpoenaed or have to take the stand? Or does the full scope of confidentiality prevent that? (Referring to a *past* admission, not a duty to warn about future dangerous crimes). Would love both yours and @HoneySugar input!

They absolutely can be subpoenaed and compelled to testify - and all their related notes and files can be compelled also.

Mental health counselor here. Actually, our mandated reporting requirements include, in addition to child abuse, only INTENT and PLAN to kill self or others. If a client tells me they are GOING to kill their girlfriend, I have a duty to warn. If a client tells me they have ALREADY killed their girlfriend, that is protected by confidentiality.

WHOA! Okay, I stand corrected. Thank you! That’s crazy that they are protected after committing a crime.

A prepaid plan from AT&T just means that you do not have any down payments for a phone over the life of a plan. Either you bring your own phone or you can purchase a phone there. Everything else is the same as on a plan. There is a record of every phone call coming in and going out, as well as of every text message. So, LE certainly has all of these records.
Does AT&T Sell Burner Phones? ... AT&T sells burner phones, but they don't refer to them as such—AT&T offers prepaid phones. When you opt for a prepaid sim card, you can avoid signing a contract and leaving your personal information to the company.
upload_2021-9-30_13-5-6.png
https://donotpay.com › learn › att-b...

How To Get Your Hands on an AT&T Burner Phone [Top Hacks] - DoNotPay

Can therapists or psychologists be subpoenaed or have to take the stand? Or does the full scope of confidentiality prevent that? (Referring to a *past* admission, not a duty to warn about future dangerous crimes). Would love both yours and @HoneySugar input!
MOO

I'm not an expert at all - but I did follow the Aurora theater shootings to some degree and a lot of these questions were covered in the media - here's one that is interesting:

James Holmes saw three mental health professionals before shooting

From the article about the 911 calls, I see that there was a call on 9/14 at 2:18pm. I find this very peculiar because, at about the same time (2:42pm, actually), their car was being ticketed at the reserve?

So I wonder what this 911 call was to the house and where Brian was at the time.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of 911 calls at Florida home since before Gabby Petito was reported missing

It seems to be a "follow up" of some sort, and we know that was the day BL became a POI. I attached the page I'm referring to that it in the article.

Attachments

• 41-4343WabassoAveCallSummary_Redacted-41.jpg
    41-4343WabassoAveCallSummary_Redacted-41.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 24
Does AT&T Sell Burner Phones? ... AT&T sells burner phones, but they don't refer to them as such—AT&T offers prepaid phones. When you opt for a prepaid sim card, you can avoid signing a contract and leaving your personal information to the company.
View attachment 315542

Curious thought. Isn't it possible that he took the SIM card out of that phone they purchased Sept 14th and put it in his old one or another phone? JMO

They absolutely can be subpoenaed and compelled to testify - and all their related notes and files can be compelled also.
That makes me uneasy as I feel like it goes against what @NCWatcher said about how confidentiality is important to patient-provider trust and openness and therapeutic effect. Question: can lawyers be subpoenaed or called to testify (not in a case they are trying but against their own prior clients)? I feel like the rule of confidentiality — in regards to being allowed to subpoena private information shared in a private, confidential meeting with a paying client — should be the same for medical or mental health professionals as legal professionals.

Like, I get it. I get why it’s important. But it just seems to me like a sticky spot IMO

Of course, there is likely tons of legal precedent and experts who’ve argued this and decided on the rules as they are and I trust their judgement over mine!

Last edited:
OK. I dug up more information on that aircraft. It IS indeed a private jet, very surprisingly flying that flight pattern! As a pilot, I barely understand how that is possible, and it is certainly not practical.

CL60 is a model number of the plane. The registration number is something else and I found it. It is registered to a non-law enforcement entity that requested privacy on FlightAware (no tracking)

I was able to track and verify it through other aviation data sites (owner, N-number, and that specific flight track) but will not disclose here unless the mods contact me through PM and give me the OK.

View attachment 315532
I’m no pilot but a jet flew like that?! That looks like the flight patterns they show when the hurricane hunters fly thru a hurricane! Geez What area is that over? Is that over the reserve? I’m not familiar with the area & can’t really tell…

Have they ever posted what time it was on Aug.27 that Gabbys mom recieved the text from "Stan"?
Not that I know of and that's a great question. Maybe not, but I think it would have been shortly after she was killed and before he took off on foot to "hike" to colter bay area. (Unless he took her phone WITH him on the hike) for which he is really busted!!! jmo

I don't think Mr. Bertolino knows anything for a fact. He just knows what his clients tell him. I'm not buying it until I see a sales record.

The problem with him is that he's all over the place. Telling different reporters different things. First it's to his knowledge, then it's a fact. I can't believe anything he says!

View attachment 315542

they’re actually pretty popular because a lot of people either A. Don’t want to pay more for a phone plan (my no contract phone bill was not even half of what I pay now) or B. their credit isn’t that great and they can’t afford the down payment towards the phone.

The drooping eyes are what stand out for me.

Amateur opinion and speculation

So he'll be wearing sunglasses when he's out and about. And a baseball cap.

His eyebrows are also distinctive - but also covered by sunglasses and baseball cap. Like a million other guys. He can also wear a mask.

Curious thought. Isn't it possible that he took the SIM card out of that phone they purchased Sept 14th and put it in his old one or another phone? JMO
I don’t know about androids but I believe you can do that with iPhone. My fiancé swapped out his SIM card from one iPhone to another and it worked, he just had to call the phone company to have them do something. So that’s another possibility about him going INTO a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper