Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ppl

A poster here identified a solar charger for phones in one of the couple’s SM photos (or possibly YouTube video) but I cannot remember which thread that was on. (I read threads 1-3, then skipped to 33 and have read from there.)
JMO but I had one of these this summer during a weekend camping trip that we had no electricity and it did not work very well. I returned it. It didn't hold a charge, not that every single one would be this way...

A post this morning said that JP didn't go to the Laundrie house but was involved in a police matter concerning their home on 9/10. Articles linked to show how the confusion originated. So then why did the Ls call 911 *on 9/10?

Gabby Petito: Father was involved in a "public service" case that led to a police call at Laundrie's house - Florida News Times
The day before the family reported her missing, Petite’s father, Joseph, was involved in a “public service” case at Laundry’s house.
Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident report evening before daughter reported missing
Petito did not go to the home physically, North Port police said separately, but expressed concern about his daughter's whereabouts.

Lawyers can withhold any information about attorney-client communications or attorney work product as privileged. To get privileged information or testimony, you would have to prove that the material falls into one of the exceptions to the attorney-client privilege, like the crime-fraud exception. That exception states that if you participate in an ongoing crime or fraud with your client, your communications are not privileged. This does NOT apply to giving legal advice about a crime that has been committed in the past.

Most lawyers would refuse to provide any information unless ordered by the Court under one of the exceptions. And even then, some lawyers might rather be found in contempt of Court than betray privilege. It is really rare because the Courts understand the point and importance of privilege - to encourage clients to be candid to receive the best advice possible.
I just would think that there is privilege as well with medical professionals - to encourage clients to be candid and receive the best advice possible, also (same as what you said re: lawyers). I know it’s not the same but it confuses me that it isn’t. Because one is legal and one is therapeutic, I guess. Anyway, thanks for your insight and expertise on the matter! I understand it all now. Just thinking outloud..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper