Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it is just a step that happens in a case. Once a case is filed, the Court opens a "docket" to track what happens. Once the USA has an attorney assigned as the prosecutor, that individual attorney has to "notify" the Court to say Hello, I am the Prosecutor, please make sure all documents are sent to me. And then the Clerk of Court will add that attorney as the attorney for one side. They are then authorized to file things with the Court, they will get copies of anything anyone else posts. The defense will do the same thing once the defendant hires an attorney.

This happens in every case filed in any federal court. I did it this week. It is just a technical step that you have to do.
Yep. We did one in every bankruptcy case where we represented a creditor
in Federal Bankruptcy Court. Over 20 years, that was a bunch of them. Lol IME

BBM spin Dr. speak for "there is way more to this" :p
It sure took a while for them to collect whatever they took out...especially if Laundries knew that they were coming to collect it. Maybe they were told not to touch it, so Agents would collect it themselves? B Entin seemed to think that they also took something out of the camper. jmo

Interesting tweet from the Sarasota Sheriff confirming they were called to Carlton twice yesterday:
SarasotaSheriff
Following up. We still cannot find any question we were asked. Based on our Aviation log, we responded to Carlton at 2:45 p.m. & 10:30 p.m., as an AOA (Assist Other Agency). Our Unit - when in service - responds when called upon, however, we are not proactively looking for anyone

https://twitter.com/SarasotaSheriff/status/1443633592165277698

Thank you @NCWatcher ! ALL of this! Trust is difficult to obtain, easy to violate, and nearly impossible to get back once broken.

I don't want to appear to try to answer for @HoneySugar but I have some expertise in the area too.

If there seems to be an imminent and serious threat to the patient or to others, one can break confidentiality. A "duty to warn/protect" comes into play when there is a plan to harm an identifiable person(s) That duty arose from the Tarasoff case. Tarasoff v. Regents of the University of California - Wikipedia

Those issues-- duty to warn and confidentiality--are related but not identical.

It may be tempting to think society is served by breaking confidentiality if past crimes are solved. But if the public views mental health professionals as an arm of LE, an awful lot of people won't ever seek help. And it won't only be people who committed a past crime who are reluctant. Family members and friends would be too. And others who think they might have committed a crime will stay away.

Overall, tight confidentiality is a good thing. And once it's broken, naturally the patient/client will no longer trust the practitioner (and may distrust all practitioners.) So breaking confidentiality is a serious undertaking but sometimes necessary.

JMO

Interestingly, it just occurred to me that I haven't seen any word on LE searching the reserve today. They were there yesterday, had helicopters searching, and even had one out around 11am circling the same area where it was during the day. They were VERY interested in one spot yesterday. Any word on if they're out there today? Or maybe they found something yesterday?

I can't imagine what it would be like in a big bankruptcy case when there are 10,000 lawyers appearing. You get an email notice every time someone sneezes :eek::eek:

Off topic. YES!! Once we got 21 Motions for Summary Judgment in one day. As a side note, our bankruptcy judge was the one that heard and dismissed the NRA bankruptcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l