Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video released tonight is new. I just watched the whole thing. It's from the perspective of the bearded cop. It changed a few things that I thought about the situation.

I think the bearded cop was actually the better of the two, which is something I didn't realize. The problem is that he went into the situation with the wrong set of assumptions, and didn't give weight to the 911 call that said he was hitting her. The worst thing about the encounter is that he couldn't stop himself from running his mouth. He had an opportunity to do some real listening. A couple times he asked her questions and then just rolled right over her when she went to elaborate. A few times she looked off to the side, it looked very much like she was trying to decide whether to tell the truth. But he didn't give it the space to unfold.

What he did have right was that putting GP in jail was a terrible idea, and it was kind of him to do the research to see if there was a way to get out of it. (and no, I don't think putting her in jail and reinforcing that she was the problem would have served her. I do not think it would have saved her life. I think it would have emboldened BL even more).

The other thing that we saw in the video for the first time is her reaction when he said that instead of jail, he might be able to separate the two for the night. She was clearly terrified and didn't really realize the gravity of the situation and how close she was to being arrested, booked, and having a permanent record. She sputtered, "but we're a team, we can't be separated, can I pay a ticket for the curb, for speeding? I'll pay any ticket," while sobbing. She sounded really, really scared about being alone for the night in the van.
She sounded completely dependent on BL, and it’s likely he made her be.

I'm so confused Fox reports:

... Brian Laundrie’s mother Roberta canceled camping reservations for two people at a Florida park on Aug. 31 and made new reservations for three people at the same park on Sept. 3, documents obtained by Fox News show.
......Roberta Laundrie on Aug. 24 initially made reservations for two people to camp at Soto Park Campground in Saint Petersberg between Sept. 1-3, about 75 miles north of the family’s home in North Port, but she canceled those reservations on Aug. 31.....

Fox said they have the documents to support this.

Their 'documents' appear to be the speculation that I quoted by Civic Plus.
They certainly have furnished no other evidence of a cancellation on Aug 31st that I have ever seen.

Happy to be wrong, but I truly have seen nothing concrete to back up this rumour.

it is horrifying to watch.. he is so high on his success at getting Gabby in the hot seat, with those other coppers, then along comes big Eric to compound the perspective that women just will not keep their hands to themselves, they will come at you with weaponry for no reason at all, a man has to be careful, and now that we suspect she suffers from 'anxiety' lets ramp up the anxiety to the maximum for the hell of it.

This is very hard to deal with.
Full footage of that guy was so difficult to watch. He was like a dog with a bone trying to get him to press charges against her. MOO (Or is it dog without a bone???)

If one is going hiking, one is more inclined to use a truck or SUV to access rough trails. The Mustang remains out of place for me and has always struck me as being driven there to attract attention or create a diversion.

It's only my opinion but I believe that BL's parents have assisted him in eluding LE.

You're not taking the vehicle on the trail. There could be a truck with 44" super swamper tires and they're all going to use the same parking lots and access points and trailheads.

Whether the Mustang was driven there as a diversion is a different discussion in my opinion

Right, so in that scenario, Mom and Dad knew early on that she was dead. That's the only way it makes sense.
Possibly, but they would have to trust that person not to turn him in, and they too would face charges of assisting. I don't think he has enough skills, experience or equipment to survive long in the wilderness.

But it has phone call. I take that to mean they only made a phone call to the Laundrie household but did not actually visit. I suspect Gabby's mom called, left a detailed, likely emotional request, for a welfare check earlier. Then the NPPD called the Laundrie's and had a discussion. I would expect this entire report to be redacted since it likely contains private information. Thus, the end result of "settled."

And they are correct, FL isn't the right jurisdiction to report her missing. She was physically out west, now we know it was in WY. But it took an officer in NY to have compassion to actually file the missing person report. That wasn't the right jurisdiction either tho. It does seem cold the way the response is written.

By the time the phone call is made, NPPD is none the wiser about what is going on. The Laundrie's have likely already hired the lawyer. To have his business card in their possession already, he must have already sent it to them.

View attachment 315632
And sadly, how did they know they (NPPD) weren't the right agency? How did anyone know that Gabby didn't come back w/ Brian? Who told them that? Was there one convo we don't know about? If so, and the van was here, why wouldn't they assume she came back too? You know?

Curious if it’s found she was beaten to death would you not think it’s murder ?? In the first degree ?
Murder in the 1st degree is premeditated and done with malice, or in conjunction with another felony offense, such as sexual assault, robbery, or kidnapping of a child. This is the most serious charge of homicide one can face. In Wyoming, the penalty for 1st degree murder is death or life imprisonment. Sheridan, WY Homicide Lawyer | Davis & Cannon, LLP

amateur opinion and speculation

The new video is so heartbreaking. The abuse is so, so evident. I studied drama in graduate school and the way she is holding her voice so high up in her throat is indicative of so much beneath the surface that she is doing everything in her power to keep restrained. The voice is so deeply tied to human emotion.

She clearly wants to tell the cop the truth. There are a few moments where she turns to look over her shoulder or to the side—this is an instinctive gesture that happens in moments when we are preparing to divulge private information.

Her voice and body language are telling their own stories here.

I’m in tears watching this latest body cam - I had to turn it off. He just talks and talks and talks at her, threatening her with arrest and jail, referring to him as the victim.
One thing authorities need to learn is to look at context. Instead of talking at her he could’ve asked questions, listened to her - not about what just happened five mins earlier but what was leading up to that? Ask about the previous weeks, even years. What is the context this incident occurred in? So many victims are let down by the lack of this one question being asked.
I had to stop too. I know I'm probably too emotionally involved in it but her hesitation to admit the marks were caused by him was a huge red flag. They had witnesses (2 per this video) that said he was the aggressor, but no, anxiety somehow caused this...

Not sure anyone knows if she was actually on the phone with mom or, if she was, what she told her. I haven't seen anything where her mom commented on that -- which doesn't mean it hasn't been posted before.
Thank you. That's what I was asking. I thought I'd missed something.

Apparently it still has some legs haha. Because I had just heard it again on the news. But I bet y’all do wake up to a fire hose of information on here! You blink your eye & another page has been added it seems like sometimes lol.
Your OP is correct. Canceled on Aug 31 for two people, new reservation for three on Sept 3rd.
On August 24, Roberta originally reserved a spot for two However, according to documents obtained by Fox, she canceled those reservations on August 31.
Then, on September 3, she made a new reservation for three people to camp at the same park from September 6 to 8, according to documents obtained by Fox.

Before Brian Laundrie returned home without Gabby Petito, his parents 'changed De Soto camping trip reservations.' - Techno Trenz

And sadly, how did they know they (NPPD) weren't the right agency? How did anyone know that Gabby didn't come back w/ Brian? Who told them that? Was there one convo we don't know about? If so, and the van was here, why wouldn't they assume she came back too? You know?
Exactly this! I think this is something that will need to be reviewed and updated in regards to what this LE could improve upon. While it makes sense that a report is called into the last known location of a missing person -IF the person you know they were with refuses your calls-how so you even know where they were last? The least they could have done is had this discussion with her parents to understand why they were calling NPPD.

Raw: Second body cam angle on Moab police stop of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie

52 minutes

BLs demeanor in this is chilling . His manipulation of LE is breathtaking . The ' all boys together ' act makes me want to scream into the footage . GP was let down here and ultimately, as we now know , meet her demise soon after . My heart breaks for her family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l