Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't watch the video. It makes me too angry at BL (wanting to do violence) and too heartbroken for GP (wanting to save her). Seeing her in that state is agonizing, knowing what she probably went through the whole time she was in a relationship with him. I can't imagine being her father, I don't think I would have restraint.

The Fox News info that is being reposted on Fox and in other media is based on speculation (not facts).

A source who spoke to Fox News on the condition of anonymity used to work at Civic Plus, a software company that manages the Fort De Soto campground's reservation system, and speculates that the Laundries knew their son was coming home on Aug. 31, when they had plans to camp, and canceled them accordingly. They then made a new reservation including their son at a later date.
Laundrie family changed Fort De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

Whereas we know that BL arrived home on Sept 1st and the new booking was made on Sept 3rd.

"The mom originally made camping reservations for two people at a Florida park on August 24 and then changed the reservation for three people on September 3."
And now let’s line this up with how many 911 calls were going on at the same time.

This is the first time I'm watching body cam footage--couldn't make it through her crying before.

Shout out to the guy that called their interaction in and recognized the "weird vibe" and that "something was off"

I stopped watching already.. But I got the feeling the witness (Is this Christopher?) Was uncomfortable answering questions that put Gabby in the wrong because...."something was off"

Sigh.

Eta: wonder how he is feeling now

Former FBI Agent Maureen O'Connell: Brian Laundrie will be found alive

Former FBI Agent Maureen O'Connell said Thursday on "Your World" she believes Brian Laundrie, the former fiance of Gabby Petito, will be found alive.

"It's the biggest mystery," host Neil Cavuto said. "Where is this guy?"

"This whole case is filled with one wild goose chase after another," O'Connell said.

….

"I have a feeling that [Laundrie] is going to be found, and he is going to be found alive. All the information that's been coming in for weeks now, as you layer it upon itself, you can start to see all these things coming to fruition."

"For example, now they're starting to really piece together the activities of the parents. When you look at what was done, and what wasn't done, when you look at the timing of that, you can find the point where they decided they were going to 100% support their son and not support the Petito family or Gabby."

Brian Laundrie will get caught: ex-US Marshal

Brian Laundrie is very much alive — and the FBI will find him sooner or later, one of the nation’s top federal marshals told The Post.

Lenny DePaul, a former 30-year veteran of the US Marshal Service and onetime commander of the New York/New Jersey Fugitive Task Force, said the 23-year-old fugitive is “sleeping with one eye open” and will eventually trip up.

“I personally think he could be anywhere,” DePaul said Thursday. “It doesn’t matter. Mexico. He can be on a boat sitting off the coast of Cuba. It doesn’t matter. He’s gonna mess up. He’s going to make the mistake.

“I would run as fast and as far as I could, too, if I were him,” he added. “Any way you look at it, it’s not good for him.”

The bigger question is what’s his mindset once that noose gets tightened up and they get ready to make an arrest,” he said. “Is it suicide by cop, is he gonna shoot it out, is he armed?”

DePaul is not involved in the search for Laundrie but is considered one of the service’s most legendary figures, with thousands of manhunts on his resume.
I agree. As the distance between Brian and his parents grows, he's going to be making decisions about food, shelter, water, hygiene, etc. I think its time for his parent's and his lawyer to make a public plea for him to turn himself in. The longer he's in the wind, his situation becomes more dire. What seems like a slam dunk murder case to the public may well turn out to be something entirely different once the cause of death is known and he's had his say about what happened.
How many slam dunk cases tried in the court of public opinion have resulted in complete acquittal? Brian has to be made to believe it is a possibility. Until now, his lawyer has done a terrible job of protecting his clients.
MOO

Debit cards could have also been used to purchase goods - not simply withdraw cash. May not have much cash at all.
Oh, yes, I think it is long gone. Thus the parents can help him now.

I have to say, I was concerned a few days ago with no autopsy news and no COD. I realize it takes time, but I was more concerned about the possibility of them not being able to obtain the evidence because it had been weeks before she was found. So, I went looking, and I saw a pretty in-depth and very interesting interview with a medical examiner from Michigan, I think (it was 2 days ago). Not Baden. I'd love to post it but I don't think YouTube is allowed and it is a Fox News interview on YouTube.
There was the case of the little girl adopted from India ?Shereen whose body was hidden in a culvert and they could tell the date of death pretty accurately by the state of decomposition and the insects colonizing the body. I can't remember what her COD was, but it was proven that she did not die from choking on milk as her parents claimed.

I am going to ask a question that is just a curious thought of mine that I don't know the answer to. Hopefully, someone here knows.

How long can you test for gunshot residue? For instance, if a gun was discharged in or near the van, how long would that show up? What about if the van windows were down for an extended time and the residue was in or near the cab? How long would it last then?

And how did they even know the Van was back without gabby on the 10th? I want the release of all these calls
I can't imagine the frustration and trying to keep your cool in that situation. I for one would probably have instigated an investigation into myself for the frustration I would have shown at being given the "it is not us".

I can't get over the fact that there are at least four police vehicles, what looks like seven police officers, and they've been sent out there on the report of a man slapping a woman, and yet, no one mentions this at all. It's as if they all dropped from the sky at that point, and not instigated from an incident back in the town..

What am I missing?
I agree. That's one of the weirdest things about it. You can even hear the dispatcher as the bearded cop is pulling up. Then *poof* it is as if no one ever said that and all the focus is on whether or not she was slapping him.

After watching the 2nd body cam I am even more enraged at anyone who characterized Gabby as “hysterical” in their articles. Nothing of the like. She was a little flustered but well spoken. Got more upset reasonably as she was characterized as the aggressor and the one in trouble for the incident. She was overwhelmed, and upset, naturally, and at other times very calm. I don’t like the term hysterical for that interaction.

Last edited:
has anyone read the book BL was reading on the trip in the desert areas: Annihilation? Seems like he wanted to make people think GP had gone to Yosemite and would not have cell service and he expected that she wouldn't be found or ID'd in Wyoming. Just wondering if that's how things went in that book.

That 21-23 minute range in new bodycam was particularly disturbing. Don't know if it's the added benefit of hindsight, or the fresh POV, but when Officer Pratt lets Brian know "at this point, you're the victim of a domestic assault," Brian looks relieved, if not jubilant. (IMO).

Sure, he was always a little too "bro-ey" and joking around with the officers, and that was clear in the first bodycam footage...but his behavior in that couple minute stretch of this video especially bothers me. I'm no body language expert, but between surveying the different officers faces while Pratt is explaining the legal nuances of the matter (albeit Robbins just blew a snot rocket(!), you'd think Brian would be paying laser focus attention), playing with his fingernails, and rattling off little jokes...there is quite a few things going on.

The video released tonight is new. I just watched the whole thing. It's from the perspective of the bearded cop. It changed a few things that I thought about the situation.

I think the bearded cop was actually the better of the two, which is something I didn't realize. The problem is that he went into the situation with the wrong set of assumptions, and didn't give weight to the 911 call that said he was hitting her. The worst thing about the encounter is that he couldn't stop himself from running his mouth. He had an opportunity to do some real listening. A couple times he asked her questions and then just rolled right over her when she went to elaborate. A few times she looked off to the side, it looked very much like she was trying to decide whether to tell the truth. But he didn't give it the space to unfold.

What he did have right was that putting GP in jail was a terrible idea, and it was kind of him to do the research to see if there was a way to get out of it. (and no, I don't think putting her in jail and reinforcing that she was the problem would have served her. I do not think it would have saved her life. I think it would have emboldened BL even more).

The other thing that we saw in the video for the first time is her reaction when he said that instead of jail, he might be able to separate the two for the night. She was clearly terrified and didn't really realize the gravity of the situation and how close she was to being arrested, booked, and having a permanent record. She sputtered, "but we're a team, we can't be separated, can I pay a ticket for the curb, for speeding? I'll pay any ticket," while sobbing. She sounded really, really scared about being alone for the night in the van.
Maybe I didn't see it all, but it looked like what we already saw but from a different angle. But yes, in the report it said the female did not want to be separated from the male. I don't think she wanted either one of them to be arrested or to spend a night apart.

And yes, she seemed genuinely scared and despondent, while he seemed unemotional.

I'm still wondering how she spent her time alone in a hotel while BL went back to Florida to move her belongings. I know she spoke to her dad but that was only for one day. Her friend Rose said normally she would have called her after a fight. She must have spoken to her at some point. Otherwise how did she know they were still engaged?

"Are you ok with letting her have the van"? And the next time the cop, talking to Brian, says "your" van. But it was HER van he was trying to steal. I don't know how one cop can be so wrong for 45 minutes, completely ignoring what the witness said about play fighting, BL trying to take her phone, and shutting her out. And not even mentioning that the other witness said differently.

So for 45 minutes he completely twists it all, then pulls the rabbit out of the hat "saving" her re non attempt to hurt him. All but taking the other cop by the hand.

So in a way he saved her but in the end Brian got her anyway.

There are really no words. The separation anxiety was Gabby from her van and belongings.

There was the case of the little girl adopted from India ?Shereen whose body was hidden in a culvert and they could tell the date of death pretty accurately by the state of decomposition and the insects colonizing the body. I can't remember what her COD was, but it was proven that she did not die from choking on milk as her parents claimed.
Oh, exactly @JayWill. I've requested permission to post the link. I haven't heard back. It's incredibly insightful. And, more importantly, it gave me hope that they will find out what happened.

I am going to ask a question that is just a curious thought of mine that I don't know the answer to. Hopefully, someone here knows.

How long can you test for gunshot residue? For instance, if a gun was discharged in or near the van, how long would that show up? What about if the van windows were down for an extended time and the residue was in or near the cab? How long would it last then?

I can't imagine the frustration and trying to keep your cool in that situation. I for one would probably have instigated an investigation into myself for the frustration I would have shown at being given the "it is not us".
I’m following another Florida case - Miya Mercano on WS and knowing what I now know with Gabby? I would be making a public records request ASAP- too much is lost in the early days IMO. In this instance - I’m wondering what exactly prompted them to seize her Van? jmo

I suspect in the first phone call to the Laundrie's by the NPPD, the NPPD was told Gabby wasn't there. Now what excuse, if any, did they give NPPD for her not being there? Did they mention Brian was there but not Gabby? Or, did they lie by omission, and simply state, Gabby isn't here, never mentioning that Brian and the van were actually there.... hmmmm. Lies to cover lies and it goes on and on until it implodes.....
But how the heck would the van get there if one of these two weren't driving it back?

The FBI would know if there was any or ever had been blood in the van and if she was killed in the van cadaver dogs would have alerted. Mind you, we don't know what they found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l