Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And sadly, how did they know they (NPPD) weren't the right agency? How did anyone know that Gabby didn't come back w/ Brian? Who told them that? Was there one convo we don't know about? If so, and the van was here, why wouldn't they assume she came back too? You know?
I suspect in the first phone call to the Laundrie's by the NPPD, the NPPD was told Gabby wasn't there. Now what excuse, if any, did they give NPPD for her not being there? Did they mention Brian was there but not Gabby? Or, did they lie by omission, and simply state, Gabby isn't here, never mentioning that Brian and the van were actually there.... hmmmm. Lies to cover lies and it goes on and on until it implodes.....

I hope this turns out to be the case. I wish there was a better understanding of why they stopped for a day, and then resumed based on “targeted intelligence”, after going to get something with his DNA. Was the waist deep water blocking access to parts of the reserve that was not underwater? Has testing discarded items such as food wrappers indicated he has been alive and in the area? I honestly am on the fence with regards to him still being alive or now deceased.
Question: Has anyone looked into how quick DNA can be tested and results turned around?

8 Days ago:
As for whether the Carlton Reserve search would continue Friday, Josh Taylor, a spokesman for the North Port police department, said simply, "TBD."
Dozens Scour Preserve Again for Brian Laundrie — What's Next if They Don't Find Him?

Then they went back…

The FBI said their search efforts will be “targeted based on intelligence.” Last week, agents were not able to reach some areas with waist-deep water.
FBI scales back search for Brian Laundrie in 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve
DNA can be tested instantly
What is Rapid DNA?

My thoughts on the return FBI visit is that the sample they collected a couple of days ago was either inadequate for a DNA test or had been rendered inadequate by cleaning or some other methodology.
That's all that makes sense to me.

Also at the outset, on receipt of the missing Brian report from parents, LE collected several items of his clothing which I assume were for search purposes for the dogs to track.

If those garments contained his scent- sweat- they would also have contained his DNA. From his sweat glands.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say, I was concerned a few days ago with no autopsy news and no COD. I realize it takes time, but I was more concerned about the possibility of them not being able to obtain the evidence because it had been weeks before she was found. So, I went looking, and I saw a pretty in-depth and very interesting interview with a medical examiner from Michigan, I think (it was 2 days ago). Not Baden. I'd love to post it but I don't think YouTube is allowed and it is a Fox News interview on YouTube.

Full footage of that guy was so difficult to watch. He was like a dog with a bone trying to get him to press charges against her. MOO (Or is it dog without a bone???)
I quit watching after she said she hit him first and started to cry. I am reading yours, and other posts, and am glad I didn't keep watching!! I would be :mad::mad::(

I suspect in the first phone call to the Laundrie's by the NPPD, the NPPD was told Gabby wasn't there. Now what excuse, if any, did they give NPPD for her not being there? Did they mention Brian was there but not Gabby? Or, did they lie by omission, and simply state, Gabby isn't here, never mentioning that Brian and the van were actually there.... hmmmm. Lies to cover lies and it goes on and on until it implodes.....

I think they must have been told that the van was there ... as it was impounded the following day. Which would have involved getting a warrant, I think.

ETA: Link
Gabby Petito disappearance: Timeline of road trip with boyfriend, search

I've never been able to watch any of the Moab dashcam video and from what Brian Entin is saying about today's additional release, I am glad to have not seen it. Gabby deserved so much better from law enforcement.

Absolutely! I’ve said this before, but I’m gonna say it again....

We know for a FACT that Brian can be violent. ( police cam & the 911 call)
He abused her in broad daylight, in front of witnesses.

Now, can you imagine what he could do to her while no one was around?

I can.... and this is why we are here trying to get justice for Gabby, and Brian is nowhere to be found! MOO

I saw an interview with John Walsh, he said the public will find him, which is why his show was so successful in locating fugitives. As for that DV incident, I have heard much of how it was not handled properly. I would ask how many similar events these officers have acted in this manner, and the issue resolved with no further events. A female investigator did try to get Gabby to drop him. I don't know it it was suggested to file charges against BL.

After just watching the second bodycam video all I can say is that my heart hurts knowing Gabby was riddled with that much anxiety and didn't get the help she needed. She appeared terrified to be left alone.

I take it back. I'm really angry too.

MOO.

These are all IMO:
1) Yes
2) Sometime between Aug 27th at 2PM and Aug 29th 5PM, most probably at nighttime when she was sleeping because noone from the campsite that we've heard of has come forward to say they heard a woman scream for help so IMO Brian caught her by surprise
3) IMO Brian did it because he was full of rage and knew that Gabby was way out of his league and he knew their relationship was on the rocks (mostly due to him) and she might leave him at some point soon, and he couldn't bear seeing her live her life and thriving without him. Also, Brian would lose out on Gabby's van, her money, and everything else he mooched off of her if Gabby left him.
4) IMO Brian had thought about it before and this time he went through with it by hitting her and maybe choking her and maybe using a pillow. I don't think he had a weapon.
5) Brian seems like a narcissistic psychopath with a superiority complex as seen through his many Instagram photos of disturbing and violent art that he creates with captions that are self-righteous and look down on other humans that are not him, as if he's forgetting that he's a human too. At one point he refers to people as an "infestation".
This abnormal psychology, IMO, is due to both Nature and Nurture: extremely low empathy, just like his parents' recent cold-hearted behavior towards Gabby and her family, from both DNA and the environment he was raised in in the Laundrie household.

MOO
I tried to bold your last sentence, but it didn’t work..,anyway, that sentence rings SO true to me.

And sadly, how did they know they (NPPD) weren't the right agency? How did anyone know that Gabby didn't come back w/ Brian? Who told them that? Was there one convo we don't know about? If so, and the van was here, why wouldn't they assume she came back too? You know?
And how did they even know the Van was back without gabby on the 10th? I want the release of all these calls

Has it been reported if Gabby's phone has been recovered?
I for one would like to know where is Gabby's stuff from the trip thst bc would of been in the van. Where is her phone, and the. Bigger question is, where is Gabby's other stuff that was in storage.

In watching that video of the second cam shot, it was hard listening to Gabby like ths. to here him talk like that to Gabby. It makes me mad as heck!!!

MOO is Those officers failed . its funny how they say ( the officers) seem to believe BL . poor Gabby.

I work with domestic abuse victims and she showed so many signs of abuse just by the way she was responding and reacting when the officers talked to her, she tried to protect Brian, the cops turned the focus on her anxiety but this was far from just anxiety, this was clear domestic abuse! Brian played the victim here, her reactions were caused by his actions! In the end she was scared to tell the truth and this is one of the first signs of domestic abuse, many victims will lie to try and protect their partner, hoping things will get better on their own, it rarely ever does though! These cops should be ashamed of how they handled this situation

I have to say, I was concerned a few days ago with no autopsy news and no COD. I realize it takes time, but I was more concerned about the possibility of them not being able to obtain the evidence because it had been weeks before she was found. So, I went looking, and I saw a pretty in-depth and very interesting interview with a medical examiner from Michigan, I think (it was 2 days ago). Not Baden. I'd love to post it but I don't think YouTube is allowed and it is a Fox News interview on YouTube.
Youtube is allowed if it is posted by a msm source. At least that is my understanding. It needs to be directly posted by them. Not someone recording the news and then sharing on youtube.

Jeffrey Reynolds: Boys will be boys … unless we teach them to be men.
Petito tragedy shows need for societal shift on abuse - Innovate Long Island
Great article that really spells it out, doesn't it. It made cry and then rant. I thought of how women are still treated as "less-than" so many times, in so many places and situations -- sometimes it starts within the daughter's own family. Let me say, however, I saw none of this from Gabby's dad or any of her family.
She was a young bright, talented, giving person who met The Wrong Guy. He just beat her down, like water slowly dripping, and was so sly, she didn't see it until it was just the two of them, out in the middle of the U.S. Just those two. She, with that ~man~. No one to help her, nowhere to go. Then she was gone. And her poor anguished dad... I can still see the sadness in his eyes, and in every bone in his body.
How many women have we seen like this? Oh, how many more generations will it take to do away with this?
Yes, men can get into a thing like this as well, but I'm not thinking about that just now.

DNA can be tested instantly
What is Rapid DNA?

My thoughts on the return FBI visit is that the sample they collected a couple of days ago was either inadequate for a DNA test or had been rendered inadequate by cleaning or some other methodology.
That's all that makes sense to me.

Also at the outset, on receipt of the missing Brian report from parents, LE collected several items of his clothing which I assume were for search purposes for the dogs to track.

If those garments contained his scent- sweat- they would also have contained his DNA. From his sweat glands.

Who was it that gave LE the dog's hairbrush? (I know the answer to that one)

Thanks for that @kittythehare
So with a 2 hour test turn around time, it seems possible that a discarded item in the reserve may have come back with Brian’s DNA and that is why the search there resumed after being reported as “TBD”. This would give me greater hope of him being alive.
JMO

I can't get over the fact that there are at least four police vehicles, what looks like seven police officers, and they've been sent out there on the report of a man slapping a woman, and yet, no one mentions this at all. It's as if they all dropped from the sky at that point, and not instigated from an incident back in the town..

What am I missing?

I can't get over the fact that there are at least four police vehicles, what looks like seven police officers, and they've been sent out there on the report of a man slapping a woman, and yet, no one mentions this at all. It's as if they all dropped from the sky at that point, and not instigated from an incident back in the town..

What am I missing?

Confirmation bias?

They took the man seriously, the woman not so much.

Can someone link me to the full version of the missing person report for Gabby? I couldn't find it in the media thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member