Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a great vid- thanks for posting. Looking forward to seeing the sketch Gibson creates for what she thinks he will do to disguise himself. I keep wondering- do we know if BL is actually bald or does he just shave his head? I’d like to know if he has the option to grow out his hair or not…
As a former cosmetologist my opinion on his hair is that he balded very early. You can clearly see in pictures that he has no hair grown almost to the middle of the top of his wobbly noggin. New hair growth would be impossible in this area IMO. His only hope for new hair is a wig

I am not even sure that I know myself, honestly. We can't see who either of them were communicating with leading up to this. I would like to dig into Rosie, did she show up there, did she say she would, how would we know either way? Could she have been there over these times? Is she reliable? How do we know?

Snipped by me.

Hasn't this already been answered in interviews and articles?

Rose, 21, who lives in Sarasota, a half hour from Gabby and Brian's home in North Port, said she last spoke to Gabby in early August and was planning to meet her in Wyoming's Yellowstone National Park in September.

Rose had even asked her boss for days off for the trip. They were planning to lock in a specific date on August 29, Rose's birthday, but Gabby never called.

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

You can bet that she's shared her texts/info with LE already.

There are no indications that she was going to meet Gabby in August. She was waiting on a birthday call on the 29th to set a date for some time in September. Since that call never came, the meet up never happened.

Since there is no evidence that Rose was in the vicinity of Spread Creek Dispersement Camp in Wyoming on or around 27-29th August, what more is needed to be 'dug' into regarding her? She is not a POI.

HaHa! BL is not going to be able to hang out with anyone if he tells them people are an "infestation", eco movement or no.

And I guess the irony of describing people like himself—guest visitors at National Parks and other outdoor settings—as an "infestation" completely escaped him.

I'm not sure what the idea is about Portland, Seattle, and SFO tolerating raccoon life. IME it's rather the opposite: there's no room left for people who are barely scraping by, and cities are pushing the least-advantaged out of their purview. Last time I was there, I was getting cruised by LE for cooking breakfast at a picnic table while I was traveling around.

There's no shame in having to use a soup kitchen and shelter facilities. There may be posters on WS who have that in their life situation.

BL isn't in any of these categories IMO. He comes from a family that seems to get by easily. He doesn't seem ever to have wanted for anything. Coddled by parents. Dependent. Taken care of. No way would he ever go for a hobo life eating meals at a soup kitchen. That's waaaaaaay too far beneath someone like that, at least right now.
I agree. Also, soup kitchens rarely have fresh fruit, so his banana PEALS LOL (that irritated me), apple cores and melon skins would be sorely missed. He’s gonna crack, there’s no way that he has the stones or smarts to pull off whatever escape plan that he has in his pea brain! Hopefully sooner rather than later IMO

That is my thought as well, especially given his penchant for going for her face / chin. Whatever happened it was obvious enough to announce right after the examination of the body was done, compared to an accidental death such as she tripped and hit her head or something.
The thing that concerns me is; Gabby was left for 3 weeks of exposure to the elements etc. what DNA evidence could they have found to prove who killed her. Is it logical to question if they found enough to place a specific person as the suspect or not?

Does anyone know what she was talking about with the water? How did they have it set up in the van?

The thing that concerns me is; Gabby was left for 3 weeks of exposure to the elements etc. what DNA evidence could they have found to prove who killed her. Is it logical to question if they found enough to place a specific person as the suspect or not?

I'm not sure how DNA evidence would even work when an intimate homicide occurs between domestic partners. Because it would be expected to be on her person anyway, if they were engaged.

Not for nothing but after watching this new video I am grateful for New York states stance on DV. Even if a spouse doesn’t want to press charges in a DV incident the state will. That means somebody or everybody is going to jail that night period. I only pray and wish that their laws were the same. A life could have been saved. A lot of states that have different statutes concerning DV usually require a victim to press actual charges for anything to be done about it. I can’t blame the LEO here 100% all though it breaks my heart. A lot of times LE has their hands tied without a testifying victim. I wish that GP had found her strength in that moment to stand for herself. Ughhh this is just heartbreaking all around. Beyond any reprimands these officers may face I hope that the state of Utah takes this as a powerful message and perhaps amends their statutes and protocol for DV victims. Maybe even name the new law after GP

edited to add that I didn’t see the remainder of the vids where the officers explain similar laws… this is not a good look for those officers. I am positive the image of gabby in that backseat is burned into their brains

Last edited:
That is interesting- and I agree, he no doubt excluded himself.

That aside, his use of the term brings to mind two points made by other posters:

1. He is probably going to be living a hand to mouth "racoon style" existence of shelters, soup kitchens and homeless encampments supplemented by petty theft.

2. It is far easier to change ones appearance than ones habits.

The "people are an infestation" comment could point towards radical environmental beliefs or ideology. By habit, he may seek out like minded people who share (well to varying degrees of course) this belief and other environmental ideologies.

The next question could be: What areas feature a radical environmental "scene" including like minded people, book stores, coffee shops, hand out spots, travelling speakers and heck- I dont know concerts? and..... are also conducive to a racoon lifestyle?

I think most rural areas can be excluded. While they support raccoon life styles, they usually dont have radical environmental scenes. Moab might be an exception- but he would dare return there. Instead, I am thinking Portland, Seattle, or San Francisco. All have the eco scene and all of the cities tolerate and even facilitate raccoon life styles.
You mentioned the word 'ideology'
I'm curious about that, myself but I have no way to find out. Some ideologies are only found in the dark web or secret telegram groups.
and unlikely to be in his own name. Possibly highly encrypted.
It would require actual evidence to chase this up #cos it's a seriously vast and black hole without a key.
No key.
Park it.

On the assault stop video, when the police told Gabby she had to be away from Brian for a night, Gabby immediately started crying and said she couldn't handle that. I wonder, then, how she could handle it if he left her in Utah to go back to Florida -- if that trip did indeed happen.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

With my experience, Brian has indeed laid out a trail pointing to his guilt. The patterns are there.

Unless and until more information is released indicating that in this case, human behavior patterns did not follow a certain norm, there aren’t load of other paths to poke around in there certainly aren’t any “super obvious ones.”

Information is redacted or minimized to protect the integrity of the investigation. That’s super standard. Nothing unusual there.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome. Just wish they’d do a rendering of him with different eyebrows… That’s his most identifiable feature IMO. That’d be the first thing I would tweeze or shave off if I were him.
Yeah, change the eyebrows, lose the facial hair, wear a cap, and the big thing if he's at a hamburger joint or in Walmart or a grocery store -- wear a mask.

I feel for those officers from Moab. If officers were trained well enough for all the situations they're needed for, they'd retire still in training without ever setting foot in the streets. These guys will forever wonder if they could have prevented Gabby's death. What a load to carry.
I don't feel for them at all. You do not have to be trained to not tell an abuser that you know about toxic women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24