Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His behavior regarding the keys/controlling the vehicle is one more way of trivializing and disempowering her. Who is he to decide what is best for her, forcing it on her, taking her belongings to tell her that her emotions are wrong, she's crazy, she's out of control, she needs him to get her in control of herself.

People: that is emotional abuse. A person may come to you weak or strong, but if you belittle, diminish, gaslight, control their physical movement, threaten to leave them alone and unsafe, imperial their safety, or undermine their mental state, you are abusing that person.
I think people are forgetting that the van is her home. If he had locked her out of a house away from all her things until he decided she was "calm" enough to enter, would we think that was reasonable?

If I remember correctly, you could also collect in the first wave of the extra $600 if you quit because you were high risk or lived with someone high risk of catching COVID. At least you could where I lived.

Florida ended the federal benefits at the end of June 2021, so the most either could have received was $275/week and that is IF they received the max benefit (which I doubt since neither seemed to have high paying jobs).

Bringing this here before the thread gets closed on us again :(

Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

Attorneys (good or bad) are NOT cheap. This case might spawn all manners of litigation for years to come...and we're just getting started. Who knows where the participants will run afoul with the law as new facts are brought to light. The Laundrie parents are laying it all out on the line financially. They have an attorney, their daughter is shaping up to be added to the scuffle and Brian is a walking, talking, money pit if he's decided to become a professional lammister. There goes the retirement fund, the house on the lake, touring the continent, or snoring on your back on the beach. All of that has been put on the scale for a few moments loss of control by their footloose, adult son. As a retired person, one who has worked hard to be even a little comfortable...this whole saga would infuriate me.
MOO

what was the lie?

Trying to separate yourself from someone who is slapping your or angry at you is in no way domestic abuse.

The lie is that he "tries to walk away."

He was seen on the street in broad daylight that very day hitting her.

He drove a multiple of the speed limit while actively fighting with her, including grabbing her by her face and squeezing it.

Flat-out lie.

yes, but per her own admission, she was hitting him. they would have had to arrest her as well. I understand DV completely.
No, as the vehicle was shared. They were engaged, and per GP he normally would say, lets take a walk apart. It looks as though he may have been trying to de-escalate the situation. That sounds like the right thing to do as apposed to continuing an argument. It sounds like everyone is twisting legal ownership into the issue.

I don't care who owns the van. It's completely irrelevant. You don't say "lets take a walk and cool off" and then jump in the van with the keys, phones and possessions as if you are going to drive away. That is not de-escalation - it is threatened abandonment (which is an illegal form of domestic violence).

That requirement was waived in most states at the start of the pandemic. I collected and affirmed every week on my collection that I was not actively looking for work. It was definitely allowed.

Yes, but we aren’t at the start of the pandemic anymore. Florida tightened their rules up substantially and completely ended federal pandemic benefits in June 2021.

Aside the immense tragedy of a very young woman violently losing her life before even having a chance to properly live it and collectively wanting justice for that, it’s the human behaviour element of this story that sparked my attention, keeps me completely riveted, confused, appalled, immersed - from the moment we find out he drives the van back without her - to this camping trip and everything - I can’t begin to tap into how this family thinks

I feel after LE stopped them and made Gabby the aggressor, Brian may have threatened her that if she called the Cops, he would tell them about Moab and have her arrested for a second offense! She, in my opinion, had no one in the circumstances to call for help without adding more anxiety to her situation. He definitely after the LE stop had the upper hand! Her only option would have been to fly home to her Mom’s house which possibly she planned on doing.

Dog is staying in the news today even without tweets.

Dog the Bounty Hunter Adds $10K in Reward Money for Brian Laundrie Arrest

Dog the Bounty Hunter's putting his money where his mouth is -- he wants Brian Laundrie found so badly, TMZ's learned he's adding $10k in rewards for info leading to Brian's arrest.

A rep for Dog the Bounty Hunter tells us ... Dog, Francie and the Chapman family are adding $10,000 to the standing reward. We're told Dog and his family are determined to bring closure to Gabby Petito’s family, and they hope upping the reward helps to uncover Brian’s whereabouts.

yes, but per her own admission, she was hitting him. they would have had to arrest her as well. I understand DV completely.

No, as the vehicle was shared. They were engaged, and per GP he normally would say, lets take a walk apart. It looks as though he may have been trying to de-escalate the situation. That sounds like the right thing to do as apposed to continuing an argument. It sounds like everyone is twisting legal ownership into the issue.

Regardless of legal ownership, my first question is "Where's Gabby?" and my second question is: "Who owns this van you brought home, son?" There are only three possible answer: "Me," "her" or "us.: If his answer is anything other than "Me", I would be asking him why he is in possession of it and what disposition is planned for her/their joint possessions. And yes, of course, we can make all sorts of excuses about what he might have said (feel free to read: lied) to them about it, but if, as a parent, I know it's not exclusively his, then either he or I need to reach out to Gabby about the disposition of the van.

@steph_pagones

Regarding #CassieLaundrie seeing #BrianLaudrie in early September, family attorney tells me: “Cassie saw her brother Brian on September 01 when he stopped by her home and again on September 6 at Fort De Soto Park. Law enforcement agencies are well aware of these dates.”

We asked him why Cassie indicated otherwise during a previous media interview — “Any prior communication by Cassie that does not reflect these dates is simply a difference of relating an answer to a question misinterpreted by Cassie or poorly posed by the inquirer.”

https://twitter.com/steph_pagones/status/1443983969134026762?s=20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member