Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t she quoted as saying she did not speak or see Brian after his return on Sept 1st?
here is her interview and the transcript is at the bottom

ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

"Question: Did you know that the van was back and you're...?

Cassie Laundrie: No.

Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that."

1/2
More from Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino:
“Cassie saw her brother Brian on September 01 when he stopped by her home and again on September 6 at Fort De Soto Park. Law enforcement agencies are well aware of these dates…

2/2

…Any prior communication by Cassie that does not reflect these dates is simply a difference of relating an answer to a question misinterpreted by Cassie or poorly posed by the inquirer.”
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443987479720255499?s=21
I like how (presumably) his advice to his clients is to stay silent, but then he goes and speaks on their behalf almost always coming across either unprofessional or conflicting information. I'm lost as to how the family looks at this guy being their sole communicator as being a good thing.

1/2

2/2

…Any prior communication by Cassie that does not reflect these dates is simply a difference of relating an answer to a question misinterpreted by Cassie or poorly posed by the inquirer.”

Misinterpreted? I don't even know where to start.
I guess she wasn't under oath and she could lie to the media.

I did wonder that since De Soto park was closer to where his sister lives, she might have met him during that trip.
I feel very bad for her poor children who will have a tough time in school due to this case.

Thank you for linking the actual report. It is not helpful that we can't hear the specific question posed. I can't find her answer deceptive since I don't know the question that was posed and elicited her answer.

Her answer was as follows: "I Haven't been able to talk to him" [BL] *shrug "I wish I could talk to him"
Yes. And one could claim that she meant during the time period after Gabby was reported missing.

We would need that question to draw an accurate conclusion.

We have zero knowledge of what she actually shared with LE. Perhaps she has been truthful with them all along.

I would imagine, especially since she has kids and might want to keep the media circus at bay, it would be easier to say "I haven't seen him" as a general public statement. She is under no obligation to be truthful to the media or the general public.

Of couse, now the lawyer has thrown her into the media circus....

MOO.
To me, if honest with LE, you would tell the Press you can’t answer questions at this time versus throwing yourself under the bus with a fib! Now, nothing she says to the Public will be believed.

Sorry but I just can't believe Brian is hiding in the swamps since Sept. 10. Not unless he is dead and they have not found his remains.
Where could he be? Who would assist knowing the consequences? How far could he get?

Thank you for linking the actual report. It is not helpful that we can't hear the specific question posed. I can't find her answer deceptive since I don't know the question that was posed and elicited her answer.

Her answer was as follows: "I Haven't been able to talk to him" [BL] *shrug "I wish I could talk to him"

That could mean she hadn't seen him. It could also mean that when they were together, he refused to talk to her, either about Gabby or about much of anything.

The full transcript doesn't seem any clearer on that point.

Curious about BL "stopping by Cassie's" on Sept 1.........it sounds like, since she lives North of North Port, he stopped at her house before he went to his parents house. So, she both SAW, and presumably SPOKE with him before he went home. Who knows how he explained his appearance in FLA without Gabby, but as many think, he offered an explanation on or before the 31st to his mother, which prompted her to cancel the sept1-sept3 camping reservations. So, did mama not tell Cassie that he was returning home in the van? Cassie told ABC that she "presumed that he had flown home".........when she knew that he drove the van to her house and then to his home. They probably all lie all the time and have been lying to each other for years! What doozies are these people? jmo

I would like to think BL's sister Cassie is more forthcoming than the rest of the family. I really would. Along those lines, did she say in other places that she hadn't seen him, or is that based on this interview?
ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

This appears to be the relevant portion of the interview:
Question: And I guess if you're - what's, just kind of as his sister, the oddest thing to you about all this, if you had to?

Cassie Laundrie: That I haven't been able to talk to him. I wish I could talk to him.

Question: He just doesn't want to say anything to anyone.

Cassie Laundrie: I know that it's all because the lawyers, advising them not to say anything, I, I...

If this is the only source for claims that she didn't see him, she isn't saying she didn't see him -- she's saying she didn't talk to him. And from this context, it sounds like she meant she wasn't able to talk to him about what happened with Gabby.

I realize that this is kind of nitpicky and that she may be as unhelpful as her parents. I still hope she's helping LE and that if she knows something about where he went, she tells them.

ETA: If he drove up to her house in the van on Sept 1, it does look like her "presuming he had flown home" was untruthful, unless she somehow was talking about the earlier time he went home. If that even happened. Sigh.

JMO

Last edited:
I thought I saw a video of her saying she hadn't spoken with him.

I read the transcript of her interview with GMA as saying she hadn't seen or talked to him since he left her parents home. But now we have heard from the Laundrie's attorney that she last saw him on September 6th. The interview wasn't until September 18. Personally, I think she's referring to not having heard from or seen him since the 6th. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie