Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is her interview and the transcript is at the bottom

ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

"Question: Did you know that the van was back and you're...?

Cassie Laundrie: No.

Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that."
"He flew right into my backyard, with his wing arms."

She's officially in the same boat as her parents now, IMO...he apparently visited her the morning of the 1st but she assumed he flew into town somehow.

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that."

I am very curious about the last part

"I assumed he flew back because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that"

IMO - I wonder if she is referring to when he flew home previously to clean out the "storage!"

That could mean she hadn't seen him. It could also mean that when they were together, he refused to talk to her, either about Gabby or about much of anything.

The full transcript doesn't seem any clearer on that point.
It could also be a whole lot of talking and gesturing on his part, with her nodding that sure, she would help him out.

Thank you, he drove to her house in the van

If he drove to his sister's house in the van, then why would she say that she assumed that he flew back? So maybe he didn't have the van when he stopped by her house, maybe he had the Mustang? She also alludes to the fact that she assumed he flew back because he ... and then she stops herself from saying more about this. Was she going to say that he flew back before?

"I assumed he flew back because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that"

IMO - I wonder if she is referring to when he flew home previously to clean out the "storage!"

Yup. I believe she referred to that too. She wouldn't have a problem to say clean out the "storage." There must have been some personal issue going on that time that she doesn't want to reveal to the media.

I don't know when people will learn that the press is not your friend in these situations. They want a story and they don't care if YOU'RE the story.

I really believe Cassie thought she was being honest and helpful by speaking to GMA. I don't think she would intentionally give misleading statements or interfere in the investigation because of her family.

But I don't see any benefit to her for having given that interview. Now everyone thinks she's complicit. The only people who benefited were ABC who sold advertising slots for her interview. JMO

Adding in a bit more of relevant transcript here.

Question: And I guess if you're - what's, just kind of as his sister, the oddest thing to you about all this, if you had to?

Cassie Laundrie: That I haven't been able to talk to him. I wish I could talk to him.

Question: He just doesn't want to say anything to anyone.

Cassie Laundrie: I know that it's all because the lawyers, advising them not to say anything, I, I...

Maybe an unpopular take on it, but she only says she wishes she could talk to him. She doesn't indicate she hasn't talked to him. Purely MOO but my first reaction was that she hasn't talked to him since GP was officially reported missing.

She also could have done a day/short overnight trip to Disney at any point after the camping trip and literally came home to the missing persons report and media attention.

I'm not sure why so many seem to be hung up on the DV issue. GP in her own words told LE, that BL usually walks away and they take a break from each other. Again, I'm not taking sides, I just do not see anything that screams that there was ongoing DV in this situation. One of the witness statements was that she was the aggressor, her statement was that she was the aggressor, BL's statement was that she was the aggressor. who's to say that this was an ongoing issue. It sounds to me like they would generally take a break when frustrated with each other. To my point, I think reading entirely too much into the situation my be taking focus off of other factors in the following weeks. Could have been a lot of things. I personally have no idea, but I'm not sure anyone including her thought she was in a bad situation.

That statement tells you this is not a one time issue. This could be the time BL did not "just walk away".

Thank you for linking the actual report. It is not helpful that we can't hear the specific question posed. I can't find her answer deceptive since I don't know the question that was posed and elicited her answer.

Her answer was as follows: "I Haven't been able to talk to him" [BL] *shrug "I wish I could talk to him"
Agree, editing can be misleading especially not hearing how the question was posed. However she does answer the question no to "did you know the ban was back. I would think he drove the van to her house on Sept 1st. I find this odd

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that.

Adding in a bit more of relevant transcript here.

Question: And I guess if you're - what's, just kind of as his sister, the oddest thing to you about all this, if you had to?

Cassie Laundrie: That I haven't been able to talk to him. I wish I could talk to him.

Question: He just doesn't want to say anything to anyone.

Cassie Laundrie: I know that it's all because the lawyers, advising them not to say anything, I, I...

Maybe an unpopular take on it, but she only says she wishes she could talk to him. She doesn't indicate she hasn't talked to him. Purely MOO but my first reaction was that she hasn't talked to him since GP was officially reported missing.

She also could have done a day/short overnight trip to Disney at any point after the camping trip and literally came home to the missing persons report and media attention.
She says she doesn't know the van is back and imo he stopped at her house on the way back IN THE VAN !!

"He flew right into my backyard, with his wing arms."

She's officially in the same boat as her parents now, IMO...he apparently visited her the morning of the 1st but she assumed he flew into town somehow.

Didn't he arrive at his parents on 9/1, and doesn't the sister also live in Florida? If so, it's possible he didn't drive the van to her house. jmo

They probably all lie all the time and have been lying to each other for years! What doozies are these people? jmo

Before I say anything, I am NOT in support of the "L" tribe, nor do I condone any of their behavior. But I have felt from the get-go that yes, while they are doozies, IN THEIR MINDS, there is a darn good reason they are keeping a lid on what they know or don't know and protecting BL. MOO, MOO

And PS....this board is extremely hard to follow because of the traffic! WHEW!

Hard to tell her tense here ("because that's what he did when...") - whether she was referring to the/a time before, or an overall past habit. The "when he is" makes it sound like the latter (a past usual habit/practice), but she could have meant "was" and jyst been stumbling as she realized she didn't want to get into it.

To be fair, it really was a pretty poor & superficial effort by the interviewer.

Problems persist with Florida’s unemployment system

Here is a current article on the state of UI in Florida. It looks like there have been issues with qualification and benefit access since March of 2020. According to the second article I am linking, work search has been required in FL since June 2021. Unemployment benefits in Florida: how to certify and prove the work search requirements
Right, so either one or both of them could have been unemployed and saving the $600-$1000 per week until that reduced to $400-800 per week. If they were both banking that money for a year they could have had a pretty good nest egg to travel the country with. Some of the benefits (depending on how they qualified/filed) were for up to 79 weeks. https://floridajobs.org/docs/defaul...act/ra-benefit-programs.pdf?sfvrsn=d9d24bb0_4

I like how (presumably) his advice to his clients is to stay silent, but then he goes and speaks on their behalf almost always coming across either unprofessional or conflicting information. I'm lost as to how the family looks at this guy being their sole communicator as being a good thing.

They likely don’t know any better. And to me that’s a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966