Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he drove to his sister's house in the van, then why would she say that she assumed that he flew back? So maybe he didn't have the van when he stopped by her house, maybe he had the Mustang? She also alludes to the fact that she assumed he flew back because he ... and then she stops herself from saying more about this. Was she going to say that he flew back before?

On the other hand, if he drove to his sister's house with the van, then perhaps she didn't know that he just got to Florida, and assumed that he had flown home from the trip, and now had the van.

here is her interview and the transcript is at the bottom

ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

"Question: Did you know that the van was back and you're...?

Cassie Laundrie: No.

Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that."
Hmmm, looks like the family had decided to circle the wagons, right?

Right, so either one or both of them could have been unemployed and saving the $600-$1000 per week until that reduced to $400-800 per week. If they were both banking that money for a year they could have had a pretty good nest egg to travel the country with. Some of the benefits (depending on how they qualified/filed) were for up to 79 weeks. https://floridajobs.org/docs/defaul...act/ra-benefit-programs.pdf?sfvrsn=d9d24bb0_4
That's possible, but many UI recipients in Florida still haven't received initial benefits due to processing issues with the state system. We truly don't know if they had claims filed/what they were receiving if they did. I know here in WI some delays have gone on for over a year and a half for initial claims, so if UI was delayed for them, they could have received a lump sum at any time between 3/2020 and June.

He may have driven straight thru to Florida. Did he stop at his sister’s in Gabby’s white van? Or did he show up later in maybe the mustang?

Either way, he had to be high on adrenalin at that point. Surely she must have noticed as at least that.

All these stories Bertolino is slowly leaking out is getting old. Makes me think the FBI is on to all of them.

If he drove to his sister's house in the van, then why would she say that she assumed that he flew back? So maybe he didn't have the van when he stopped by her house, maybe he had the Mustang? She also alludes to the fact that she assumed he flew back because he ... and then she stops herself from saying more about this. Was she going to say that he flew back before?
Possibly the Mustang, but why travel for close to 3 days and then turn around on the same day as arriving home and travel another hour and a half to see your sister? More likely that he "stopped by" her home before arriving at his parents home. jmo

She says she doesn't know the van is back and imo he stopped at her house on the way back IN THE VAN !!

I agree, if he did stop at her house in the van (he had to right, the timeline wouldn't work any other way?) then her response makes no sense. Either she lied or she anticipated the reporter was going to finish the question with "and Gabby wasn't with him" and was saying no to that anticipated last bit. All MOO.

IMO-

Question: So you didn't know that he camQuestion: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that.back

BBM - Was Cassie going to say “I assumed he flew back, because that’s what he did when he is having an episode”

Rose also mentioned Gabby telling her about Brian’s “episodes”. I’d definitely like to know what exactly “episodes” mean. Going into rages? Psychotic breaks?

Because of the timeline but it is a possibility he took the Mustang and Cassie is as much in the dark as the rest of us. Per him just flying back a few weeks earlier it may have not seemed out of the ordinary for him to be home again without Gabby.
Perhaps this hasn't been noted before but I think we can add something to the timeline.

Sep 1 - according to the lawyer, BL stopped in to see his sister Cassie
https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1443983581576052737

She lives in Lakewood Ranch
Possible law enforcement agents at home of Brian Laundrie's sister in Lakewood Ranch

BL came into North Port on I-75 per the timeline. Lakewood Ranch is about 40 mins north of North Port and directly off I-75 so it seems very likely BL stopped in to see her *before* he went home, otherwise it would have been a 90 minute round trip after an exhausting drive, which seems odd.

He entered North Port at 10.26am, so probably left Lakewood Ranch before 9.50am.

View attachment 315685

This is why INTERPOL is probably getting involved. Unfortunately due to sanctions on Cuba and the political situation there, it may be really tough to get him extradited... Assata Shakur has been in Cuba for 37 years and that country has no plans to send her back.
Sorry, these threads move so fast….did I miss where we know INTERPOL is involved? Link?

I am very curious about the last part

"I assumed he flew back because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that"

IMO - I wonder if she is referring to when he flew home previously to clean out the "storage!"

I suspect she was going to say that as well but stopped herself because she realized her family had been cautioned not to discuss that alleged flight back.

I don't care who owns the van. It's completely irrelevant. You don't say "lets take a walk and cool off" and then jump in the van with the keys, phones and possessions as if you are going to drive away. That is not de-escalation - it is threatened abandonment (which is an illegal form of domestic violence).

I agree. I know BL was explaining it as a cooling off period for them, when in fact it was him controlling her compliance, not de-escalation as he claimed.

He needed her to behave herself and do as he SAID and if she didn't, the threats of leaving her on the side of the road were real to Gabby.

She was never the aggressor in the stop on August 12th. IMO She was reacting and defending herself from his mental and emotional abuse, and maybe even physically trying to defend herself, which added up makes her the victim, all day everyday.

When that tape was first released as LE walked up to her side of the van and before he said a single word, I knew this guy had done something to her, instantly. It comes from a lifetime of seeing it happen to others, hearing about it, helping other's and personal experience. I have a PhD in abuse and all the signs of it.

It was sickening to watch and it's a good example for future calls LE come in contact with dealing with abuse victims. It shows abuse 101-1,000. IMO

He may have driven straight thru to Florida. Did he stop at his sister’s in Gabby’s white van? Or did he show up later in maybe the mustang?

Either way, he had to be high on adrenalin at that point. Surely she must have noticed as at least that.

All these stories Bertolino is slowly leaking out is getting old. Makes me think the FBI is on to all of them.
This specific detail brings me back to the Logan Mott case a few years back. He must've gone straight through to FL and made some sort of escape before things were publicized highly. Mott got caught on the border bridge to Canada, but BL could've easily gone to Cuba or something via boat without being noticed or tabbed by border patrol.

That's possible, but many UI recipients in Florida still haven't received initial benefits due to processing issues with the state system. We truly don't know if they had claims filed/what they were receiving if they did. I know here in WI some delays have gone on for over a year and a half for initial claims, so if UI was delayed for them, they could have received a lump sum at any time between 3/2020 and June.
Yep - it's been similar here in MI. Claims were a MESS for the first 6 months. And while it got better it still was a mess. People here are still receiving lump sum back benefits. Obviously we don't know if they ever filed for unemployment - but it definitely would have made it more financially feasible for both of them to not work for half a year and travel the US.

here is her interview and the transcript is at the bottom

ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

"Question: Did you know that the van was back and you're...?

Cassie Laundrie: No.

Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that."
"Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he IS"

1) having one of his anxiety breakdowns
2) needing to be around Mommy
3) tired of staying in a tent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics