Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW: “To my knowledge Cassie went for a day.”
Laundrie family attorney says Brian’s sister Cassie was at the campground last month – despite Cassie saying in an earlier interview she hasn’t spoken to Brian since he returned to Florida.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443965282553368587?s=21

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie’s sister was at the campground with rest of the family, attorney says | NewsNation Now

Oh boy, things are not looking good for the Laundries. They never looked good to begin with, but if this is confirmed, it casts even more doubt on everything the Laundries have told LE thus far, MOO.

I don't know why you'd bother hiring any lawyer at all in that case. If someone tried to hire me for a real estate transaction I don't know I'd be any more help than the family dog except I can read.

There are also plenty of lawyers who specialize in both civil and criminal defense. Or defense attorneys who also do civil litigation like in civil rights cases or cases against LE or prisons. I think that would have been a more reasonable choice.

He was a friend or acquaintance, right? They could have paid him $1 as a retainer, and now anything discussed between them would be confidential and privileged communication. They need Someone to talk to and get advice from, right? They could tell him what they DID know, and he could advise them for the time being about how to proceed in order to not make things worse until they knew what the next step was going to be. Depending on how this plays out - I'm sure they may/will need someone with criminal expertise. They may not have known the extent of this whole thing when they originally contacted him. Kids lie to their parents.

If she called her parents then, no word from them that they got a call a lot that incident. Her dad out and out said there were zero signs of problems with her relationship with BL that he knew
A video I have seen states that Gabby had a conversation with her Mom on August 25, and her Mom said they had discussed Gabby and Brian's deteriorating relationship. So, it looks like Gabby was on the phone with her on the 12th during the cop stop, and then on the 25th, had a conversation with her Mom about the bad situation she was finding herself in. It seems odd that Gabby's Dad spoke with her on several occasions while she was in a hotel room and Brian was supposedly in Florida, and nothing was mentioneded to him about their problems. Maybe they weren't that close.

NEW: “To my knowledge Cassie went for a day.”
Laundrie family attorney says Brian’s sister Cassie was at the campground last month – despite Cassie saying in an earlier interview she hasn’t spoken to Brian since he returned to Florida.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443965282553368587?s=21

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie’s sister was at the campground with rest of the family, attorney says | NewsNation Now
Interesting...wondering why the Laundrie attorney would release this information....

I'm not sure why so many seem to be hung up on the DV issue. GP in her own words told LE, that BL usually walks away and they take a break from each other. Again, I'm not taking sides, I just do not see anything that screams that there was ongoing DV in this situation. One of the witness statements was that she was the aggressor, her statement was that she was the aggressor, BL's statement was that she was the aggressor. who's to say that this was an ongoing issue. It sounds to me like they would generally take a break when frustrated with each other. To my point, I think reading entirely too much into the situation my be taking focus off of other factors in the following weeks. Could have been a lot of things. I personally have no idea, but I'm not sure anyone including her thought she was in a bad situation.

I fully agree with you. To add, I’ve seen no history of a juvenile or adult record/reports/or friends family statements BL has a violent past history. No bruises in any of GP’s photos on SM dating back years. No police reports or calls to any homes before September 1st 2021. Most if not all DV relationships have a steady climb on police interference be it witnesses calling police, noise complaints, damaged property reports, etc. I think way too much projection of others experiences is tainting the true nature of what really happened between them. And it’s taking too much focus off finding the answers to get BL back into the light so to speak. Nothing at the DV stop would or will change the outcome of what happened when she died. JMO

Watching the new video is even more heartbreaking than the first one. She is hysterical; doesn't want to be left alone; doesn't want to stay in the van alone. She seems to have a very dependent personality type; and he is a very narcissistic type personality. Very little care in the world.

I also am thinking about the situation where he tried to lock her out of the van. What if he did that again while in the Tetons? What if he locked her out and he went to sleep? Would it have been cold enough that she could have died from hypothermia? I honestly don't know if it was cold enough that night. He wakes up, finds her dead, panic sets in, and he bolts...

I'm not sure why so many seem to be hung up on the DV issue. GP in her own words told LE, that BL usually walks away and they take a break from each other. Again, I'm not taking sides, I just do not see anything that screams that there was ongoing DV in this situation. One of the witness statements was that she was the aggressor, her statement was that she was the aggressor, BL's statement was that she was the aggressor. who's to say that this was an ongoing issue. It sounds to me like they would generally take a break when frustrated with each other. To my point, I think reading entirely too much into the situation my be taking focus off of other factors in the following weeks. Could have been a lot of things. I personally have no idea, but I'm not sure anyone including her thought she was in a bad situation.
Yup, and everything is ok until it isn't. "...crystal ball."

I think the reason that this has come up so much today is because of the new body cam footage that I know I just saw for the first time today. Im certainly not meaning to imply that their entire relationship was abusive but by her friends own admission she said that he was controlling and etc, it does point towards a pattern. I dont think she spent every day of their relationship getting smacked around but I do FIRMLY believe he was emotionally and verbally abusive and at some point during this trip he snapped for some reason.

Now this is interesting. If Cassie went to see Brian at the campground during the family camping trip? IMO, it might show the family was gathering to say goodbye to BL that weekend, knowing they were sending him off into hiding.

Again, if this is true, it means Cassie has been providing false information from day one and the lawyer is confirming it with this statement.

MOO.

Will we see a search of Cassie's home soon?

He was a friend or acquaintance, right? They could have paid him $1 as a retainer, and now anything discussed between them would be confidential and privileged communication. They need Someone to talk to and get advice from, right? They could tell him what they DID know, and he could advise them for the time being about how to proceed in order to not make things worse until they knew what the next step was going to be. Depending on how this plays out - I'm sure they may/will need someone with criminal expertise. They may not have known the extent of this whole thing when they originally contacted him. Kids lie to their parents.

Paying someone $1 for repeated bad advice in a state where he's not authorized to practice law in a field in which he has no experience is a worse deal than paying a competent local attorney for advice.

Not every lawyer requires a $25,000 retainer. You can pay someone $400 for an hour of their time and get competent advice. I really don't understand this obsession with defending the objectively bad decision to have your friend LARP as a criminal defense lawyer when your son is being sought by the feds.

Yes, I understand that. But this article is about a tip from campers along the AT in Tennessee. Nothing to do with New Bern, NC.

In NC here, and very confused. IMOO, grandparents live in Cary, NC, which is roughly a three-hour drive to Boone, NC and the AT. New Bern, NC is on the opposite side of the state, on the Neuse River off the coast.

Not the first lie for me. The dates he released about the pick up of the mustang are untrue and don’t line up with photos and dates I have seen.

We don’t know for sure. It’s all from media and they could be mistaken. Also possible attorney stated dates wrong. I’ve caught several mistakes and misunderstandings with dates. It seems to me, Laundries have been very careful not to lie. It will be essential when case goes to court both possible criminal and probable civil

Errr what!?

Please could you copy and paste the article as it's not available to Europe.

NORTH PORT, Fla. (NewsNation Now) — Brian Laundrie’s sister, Cassie Laundrie, may have seen her brother in the days following his return to Florida with Gabby Petito, despite her previous comments.

Cassie Laundrie said last month she had not spoken to her brother since he returned to Florida without Petito on Sept. 1.

“I haven’t been able to talk to him,” Laundrie told ABC News last month. “I wish I could talk to him.”

However, NewsNationNow.com reporter Brian Entin exclusively confirmed that Cassie Laundrie may have been at the Fort De Soto campground at the same time the rest of the family in early September.

“To my knowledge, Cassie went for a day,” Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino confirmed to Entin.

When Bertolino was asked whether Cassie Laundrie was at the campground at the same time as her brother, he responded, “idk” meaning “I don’t know.”

ETA link:
Gabby Petito case: Laundrie’s sister was at the campground with family, attorney says | NewsNation Now

FYI - flightaware shows N415RP helicopter circling the Cocke County, TN area for last hour or so. Not sure any details or whether it is related to BL but the location, altitude and flight path appears to be a focused search pattern.

The Smokey Mountains, VERY remote areas, LOTS of cabins, but also a very busy time of the year.

Moo...much harder to track than the AT or BRP. Better choice for hiding.

Will we see a search of Cassie's home soon?
I don’t have a link right now but it was reported 2 agents showed up and entered her home the same day they descended on the parents. A few media have been stationed at her house too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3