Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What reason do you think Gabby gave her parents for sobbing, while she was talking to them from the back of the police cruiser?

About 42 minutes into the police stop in Utah, video shows Laundrie reach into the passenger side of the van. He hands a female law enforcement official Petito’s cellphone.

“She’s got her cellphone. She’s calling her parents,” the officer told other officials minutes later.

Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie investigation: 2 phones seen in police body cam video from Utah incident

That they were fighting (again), got pulled over, the police were talking about putting her in jail.... Very easy to describe the legal incident without saying "he hit me in public, someone reported it, he shoved my face, sped away from cops". Surprisingly easy to protect an abuser when you both prioritize his protection.

BBM

What if GP was a strong, scrappy girl that took no crud from anyone"?

She wasn’t that type of personality. Too emotionally vulnerable and definitely not dominate emotionally. That doesn’t mean that she wasn’t motivated or ambitious. At that age it’s common to be sorting out emotions, ambitions and identities. IMOO.

I agree with what you are saying 100%. But I also think this thread needs to put the DV stop to bed already. It serves zero purpose in finding BL for Justice for Gabby. It only serves as a springboard for everyone to get their opinions and emotions out about domestic abuse. It’s not actually solving anything, just getting people angry. Which is no bueno for any of us. Sorry, not totally directed at you, I’m just soooo over this particular topic/argument already.

IMO I think the DV stop is quite useful, even if for nothing else besides examining how BL handles extreme stress. Rather than freaking out simply because he and GP were pulled over by LE, Brian seems to channel that frustration into manipulating the responding officers into believing his version of events (I.e., that Gabby ‘started’ it). IMHO the body cam footage of the traffic stop is proof of how BL could take control of a problematic situation and bend it to his will by convincing the officers on scene that GP was the primary aggressor despite the original 911 callers who said the opposite. MOO.

Okay; I did my homework better this time, I hope. I read the transcript of the entire interview linked in incognitus' post and two statements seem suspicious to me.

1) Cassie Laundrie: I've cooperated in every way that I can. I wish I had information or I would give more. I, I, I...this is all I have is - I gave to the police.
Question: Have you talked to Gabby's family?
Cassie Laundrie: No one's reached out to me and I don't know if it's appropriate for me to reach out to them when everything with everything going on.
Question: What would you say to her family just so they know that you're..."
(Remember this was aired at 0730 on 17th of September ~ Long after the Petito family says they tried to contact her.)
2) Question: And when you just heard the news just in general, like that she's missing and that your brother's back here?
Cassie Laundrie: I don't understand. As much as everybody else I'm learning everything from the news, too.
Remember, CL is claiming this even though she'd already met with her brother twice since his return. It seems very unlikely to me that this tragedy would be off limits for discussion! My family must be weird then ~ because this would never fly!!! I find it more plausible that the campground meet up may have been specifically to discuss everything and make a plan. Especially since it's been mentioned that they may have been worried about their phones and home being bugged.
My 2 cents of moo.
I think you’re into something…

I wonder if the Laundries need to get better representation. SB seems to be making glaring mistakes in his public statements and may be in well over his head. It also might be more prudent to have separate counsel for various family members (should the need arise).

I may have personal opinions about how the Laundries have behaved. But I do think they need to have someone helping them navigate the legal side of things adequately. I really don't think SB is proving up to it, at this stage.

He seems to say an awful lot via text. This is very odd behavior for any defense counsel. MOO
I watched a really interesting clip with Brian Entin yesterday, & he said that while lawyers do occasionally reply with texts, they almost always tell everyone in the media the exact same thing. They will literally cut & paste their reply to every journalist.

B. Entin said what makes this lawyer so unusual is that he tells different journalists different things for the same question. He said he & other journalists have come to work together in a manner something like the White House press corp does, where they compare notes & build on each other's questions to try & get a straight answer.

(It was in this clip, in case a source is required:
)

That they were fighting (again), got pulled over, the police were talking about putting her in jail.... Very easy to describe the legal incident without saying "he hit me in public, someone reported it, he shoved my face, sped away from cops". Surprisingly easy to protect an abuser when you both prioritize his protection.

Would you not think that Gabby's parents might have wondered why the police wanted to put her in jail ... knowing their daughter the way they thought they did? A bright light.

My point is that something obviously serious was going on. That couldn't be easily explained away. If it wasn't so serious, and the police didn't have an obligation (as stated previously) to try to connect a DV victim with their family/other help, would Gabby have even called her parents right then about a 'simple' police stop and their fighting? Or would she have waited until their next FT call?

I think we may be underestimating Gabby's parents, who have been in this world for a long time, and might well have understood the implications.

IMO I think the DV stop is quite useful, even if for nothing else besides examining how BL handles extreme stress. Rather than freaking out simply because he and GP were pulled over by LE, Brian seems to channel that frustration into manipulating the responding officers into believing his version of events (I.e., that Gabby ‘started’ it). IMHO the body cam footage of the traffic stop is proof of how BL could take control of a problematic situation and bend it to his will by convincing the officers on scene that GP was the primary aggressor despite the original 911 callers who said the opposite. MOO.

That traffic stop with body cams gave the world tremendous insight to this case, who BL and GP were privately and the dynamics of their relationship.

Without that video the word would just be thinking of them as the “perfect” enviro-wonderlust couple of Instagram / YouTube that they presented.

My dad always told me that you never really know what goes on behind closed doors.

Guys often don’t have a lot of friends, unless they are into some group activities… sports, university programs, etc. Girls on the other hand always seem to be doing things in groups.

When I first read that I was thinking that it isn't an accurate statement, but then I remembered that I am old and didn't grow up in an era when I could stay inside all day all alone and still be connected to the entire world. When I was that age everyone I knew had friends. There weren't very many people sitting alone in the cafeteria. But I think these days there are a lot of lonely people mistaken internet friends as true friends. I am not saying that you can't have real and deep friendships online, just that maybe its possible that many young males might not have that.

Yes, for this purpose it is very useful. However, due to not wanting 20 alerts of unwanted crud I’m gracefully bowing out of the topic. Lol

ooo he was a smooth operator, all right.. no hesitation at all, he was immediately onto it, he' d done this lots of times before... and he never wavered, in the end.

( He had been reported to be slapping a woman in the main street, reported by an actual police op for speeding, and then hitting the kerb ) and then as he really hits his stride, he has the coppers bringing him water, knocking knuckles with him, and even standing in front of him sitting on the kerb so he could have some shade !..

People!!... I ask you....

Last edited:
I also believe something much more serious was going on. Despite the frequency with which abusers kill their victims for no other reason than to abuse and gain power and control, there is a good possibility the phone issue was major and there may have been something BL needed to control or hide on the phone(s) that GP knew about. The evidence collection in the camper is strange and may relate to something other than GP's murder. It may be that GP was not murdered bc of DV, but bc of BL's need to manage and control information about him. This could turn out to be a lot weirder...

ETA: he may not be hiding just bc of GP's murder...

Would you not think that Gabby's parents might have wondered why the police wanted to put her in jail ... knowing their daughter the way they thought they did? A bright light.

My point is that something obviously serious was going on. That couldn't be easily explained away. If it wasn't so serious, and the police didn't have an obligation (as stated previously) to try to connect a DV victim with their family/other help, would Gabby have even called her parents right then about a 'simple' police stop and their fighting? Or would she have waited until their next FT call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay