Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the transcript of CL's interview with ABC, I believe we were misled by the paraphrasing describing the question she was asked, and her answer. That was a disservice. She does not say she hasn't seen him since he came back from WY. She says she hasn't been able to talk to him. And so far, nobody has reported that she was able to talk to him after the news about Gabby broke, or even as time goes on.

After that, we all thought we knew something. But we didn't really. I really hate it when media reports snip around a quote, and then I hate it when they misrepresent what was said. I hate to say it, but the lawyer seems very correct in this case.

I agree with the mischaracterizing of her statement. She seemed upset that she hasn't been able to talk to him and she may have worried that he was doing the wrong thing or taking the wrong advice.

I don't think the lawyer helped anyone though by selectively releasing these facts causing a firestorm for an innocent third party who is not even his client (as he confirmed to journalists on twitter).

And as neither the FBI nor local LE has made any statement or released any evidence related to CL, there's nothing to "get in front of" that needed to happen today.

I've been going back over the timeline, and I really wish there was more information about what happened between the Moab stop and the Merry Piglets sighting. Starting with where did GP stay on the night of August 12 when they were separated by the police? What really was going on while she was in hotel in Salt Lake City and where BL? I don't really have anything to add, but I feel like a lot must have gone on in that time that could explain what happened later so I wish we knew more.

I can only assume (hope?) that the FBI is poring over tons of surveillance footage, check ins/outs, eyewitness accounts, etc.

Yes, these are things that drive me crazy, too. Also, was she talking to her parents at the August 12 stop? Or afterward, when she was alone? If she had told her mom about any DV, did she tell her mom BL was far away, in FL? I think she must not have told her mother very much about it, because ISTM that time when he was gone would have been a great time for parental intervention.

Reading the transcript of CL's interview with ABC, I believe we were misled by the paraphrasing describing the question she was asked, and her answer. That was a disservice. She does not say she hasn't seen him since he came back from WY. She says she hasn't been able to talk to him. And so far, nobody has reported that she was able to talk to him after the news about Gabby broke, or even as time goes on.

After that, we all thought we knew something. But we didn't really. I really hate it when media reports snip around a quote, and then I hate it when they misrepresent what was said. I hate to say it, but the lawyer seems very correct in this case.

Something I will say is that I've never before seen such shambolic, poorly worded questioning from a reporter.

Most of the questions are just a jumble of random words. They don't even make sense, grammatically or otherwise, when you read the transcript, so the Laundrie lawyer has clearly capitalised on the incompetence of the interviewer and tried to excuse away Cassie's responses based on this.

MOO

Has anything more ever come out about BL using a credit card in Illinois?

Reports: Laundrie credit card purchases linked to Benton, IL gas station

Updated 9/23/2021

"The reports indicate that Petito's boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, may have used at least one card to purchase something at a gasoline station in Benton on August 31, 2021.

At this time, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has yet to confirm if Laundrie made any stops between Wyoming and Florida, and is not confirming or denying these reports."

I agree with the mischaracterizing of her statement. She seemed upset that she hasn't been able to talk to him and she may have worried that he was doing the wrong thing or taking the wrong advice.

I don't think the lawyer helped anyone though by selectively releasing these facts causing a firestorm for an innocent third party who is not even his client (as he confirmed to journalists on twitter).

And as neither the FBI nor local LE has made any statement or released any evidence related to CL, there's nothing to "get in front of" that needed to happen today.

I agree, although I do wonder if media was working on a story. Maybe DOG or another bounty hunter heard she was at the campground and was going to go public?

I'm sorry, but if she said "I haven't been able to talk to him", she was being evasive if she didn't specify when. I can't imagine my brother being suspected of heinous crimes; my parents blocking inquiries and spreading conflicting stories about which day the mustang actually galloped home; and I, as the sister, hanging my credibility hat on "Oh, I didn't know you meant did I see him after he got home, I thought you meant after the day Mr. Petito called for a welfare check!!"

She's lost all cred with me.

I've wondered in the back of my mind if the stay in the SLC hotel didn't involve waiting until unspecified bruising healed and she was photo-ready again. Good time to edit & post video, too, of course.

That could be, although the people who said they saw her during that time didn't mention visible bruising. One did mention how very cute Gabby was.

I've been going back over the timeline, and I really wish there was more information about what happened between the Moab stop and the Merry Piglets sighting. Starting with where did GP stay on the night of August 12 when they were separated by the police? What really was going on while she was in hotel in Salt Lake City and where BL? I don't really have anything to add, but I feel like a lot must have gone on in that time that could explain what happened later so I wish we knew more.

I can only assume (hope?) that the FBI is poring over tons of surveillance footage, check ins/outs, eyewitness accounts, etc.

We have heard that they had a reservation (probably for more than one night) in Arches. Since Gabby and her van were less than a mile from the actual entry gate to Arches NP, I assume she went ahead and stayed in Arches. We would all like to know when she picked up Brian - but presumably, the next day. Surely they then tried to see Arches, as planned? I think that likely accounts for 12-14.

I can't remember when it was said that BL flew to FL, but I think our dates for that are based almost entirely on what Gabby told her family, and so it's a bit uncertain.

If they did go to W. Yellowstone, it would have been between SLC and Grand Teton (only place I can fit it into the timeline). Maybe they thought they could find a viable campsite there and then realized, as so many do, that they couldn't. Gabby did have Spread Creek on her Dyrt list of places to stay. I would assume that they were in SLC for a couple of days (maybe) before taking off to where ever they went.

At Spread Creek from August 25-until Gabby's death. Could have spent a night between SLC and GTNP (say, north of Ogden, where it starts to get pretty).

I agree, although I do wonder if media was working on a story. Maybe DOG or another bounty hunter heard she was at the campground and was going to go public?

Perhaps a pre-emptive 'damage limitation' strike by the lawyer, getting in there first before the story was released by the media, thus undermining the Laundrie's credibility even more.

MOO

I've been waiting all day for a story like that, as the only reason to start a firestorm like this (by revealing that information), is if you want to get the jump on a story.

So far though, that statement is the story.

Weird.

When CL went to the campground, does anyone know if she took her kids with her? The reason I ask is I feel like that’s a good indicator of the reason she went to the campground. IMO. For example… If she went to the campground just to go camping with family, why would she not bring her young kids to go have fun camping with their grandparents? However, if the purpose was to try to get thru the parents to Brian to talk to him, she might not have brought her kids. I know that if I think something might get ugly, I wouldn’t want my kids to be there for that if I can help it. Idk…all IMO. Just a thought…

IMO, The attorney is trying to stay a step ahead, or be abreast of things that are coming out in order to lessen the impact. I do not think he has been lying or playing coy with the truth, though that last statement about BL’s sister is bordering on it. I believe that the parents have stuck to the truth though are not telling all

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

I totally agree. Reading the entire interview transcript, I think she was saying that she hadn't been able to talk to him since the news had broken that GP was officially a missing person.

I think part of the problem is statements in articles such as, "In her interview with GMA, Cassie Laundrie said she has spoken to police but not with her brother since he returned home to North Port, Florida." (ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito )

But, if you read the transcript, that's not really an accurate summary. From reading the entire transcript, I think she meant that she hadn't been able to talk to BL once GP officially was listed as missing.

So, the summary vs. the actual questions & answers are two different things. I think there were assumptions made about what she said that were not true. And now it's becoming a circus of speculation here & in the media.

"Question: And when you just heard the news just in general, like that she's missing and that your brother's back here?

Cassie Laundrie: I don't understand. As much as everybody else I'm learning everything from the news, too.

Question: And you were saying you've talked to police because some people have been saying okay the family - from your end you've, you've communicated with police.

Cassie Laundrie: Yes, I talked to the police, the second they called. I called them right back. We were in Orlando on vacation with my kids at Disney. And we came back to this."

and

"Question: And I guess if you're - what's, just kind of as his sister, the oddest thing to you about all this, if you had to?

Cassie Laundrie: That I haven't been able to talk to him. I wish I could talk to him.

Question: He just doesn't want to say anything to anyone.

Cassie Laundrie: I know that it's all because the lawyers, advising them not to say anything, I, I...

Question: In the meantime, it like seems like the world searching for Gabby, and they're just all in the house and you're trying to cooperate as best you can.

Cassie Laundrie: I've cooperated in every way that I can. I wish I had information or I would give more. I, I, I...this is all I have is - I gave to the police."

ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but if she said "I haven't been able to talk to him", she was being evasive if she didn't specify when. I can't imagine my brother being suspected of heinous crimes; my parents blocking inquiries and spreading conflicting stories about which day the mustang actually galloped home; and I, as the sister, hanging my credibility hat on "Oh, I didn't know you meant did I see him after he got home, I thought you meant after the day Mr. Petito called for a welfare check!!"

She's lost all cred with me.

If she were just going to lie, why would she agree to the interview? She doesn't seem to be connected or involved and Gabby sent the sweetest postcards to her kids. I can't imagine CL was secretly cackling that she was misleading the media to help her brother by giving this sad short interview. Know what I mean?

I felt like the interview was more like: wow, since this whole thing blew up, do you know what's been going on? And she says no, I haven't been able to talk to him, I wish I could. I don't think she said anything specific nor did she intend to be misleading. I just don't see the point.

Has anything more ever come out about BL using a credit card in Illinois?

Reports: Laundrie credit card purchases linked to Benton, IL gas station

Updated 9/23/2021

"The reports indicate that Petito's boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, may have used at least one card to purchase something at a gasoline station in Benton on August 31, 2021.

At this time, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has yet to confirm if Laundrie made any stops between Wyoming and Florida, and is not confirming or denying these reports."

This is very close to me, and does not appear to be near a major interstate. Can anyone map out a route from WY to FL that may include a stop here, and if so, where BL would have had to turn off the interstate had he been on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member