Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, someone subject to abuse has suffered a campaign to make them believe they are always wrong and at fault, and that the abuser will always be believed and no one will believe or side with the victim. So regardless of who approached her, she may have assumed they already believed BL and took his side and she had to be apologetic and self-blaming.
Yep, the old drip, drip, drip -- keep doing it, and your subject will comply and realize -- finally -- that he was correct all along. Sometimes one more drop makes the dam burst -- Maybe Gabby did break the engagement or simply told him to GTH. And that enraged him, and, and then she was dead. IMO.
Classic DV. Happens all the time, sad to say.

When I was made aware of a link to a full transcript of the one and only, sole statement made by any of the Laundrie family, considering there were MSM articles indicating there were inconsistencies in it, it seemed natural, especially in this forum, to look at it. I found, what I believe in my opinion (which I stated) a couple of contradictions. I'm sorry if you feel this was "wildly inappropriate and irresponsible." Because I do respect your opinion, I have reassessed my post and my desire to comment on CL's statements. I wish I had never posted ~ not because I said or did anything wrong but because I don't ever wish to be considered in the light that you've painted.
CL is young; she does have young children; she chose to speak out. She wanted people to hear her. I don't think I or anyone else here should be made to feel guilty for evaluating what she said.
But perhaps I am out of line here? So I am reporting myself.

After reading many, many articles and pages of posts that I disagreed with, I made one post with my opinion offering a perspective I did not think people were considering in their criticism. I didn't call anyone out and everyone is free to disagree with my opinion. The MSM articles are coming in hot about alleged discrepancies in CL's statement so the media agrees with many people here. But this post is just my opinion and I made clear why I felt like I did - maybe most people do not have the same perspective on their own families which would obviously influence their opinions. I don't think you need to feel guilty or change your own opinion or report your post (or mine) if you disagree. I'm not here to argue, I just made my post and left for the night. I'm sure there are plenty of posts saying why mine is wrong and that's fine too.

MOO/IMO I saw a piece of the video in body cam 2 played just last hour on Banfield (News Nation) where Gabby was pleading to pay tickets or anything and did not want to be separated from BL, and the officer said let me talk to my supervisor or something (I noticed he didn't say Captain or LT - maybe just different lingo for diff part of the country) and I'll see if there's anything I missed or something. In the end we know she was not arrested (and given an appearance ticket). Instead they were separated. That is on video 1. So, it's odd, parts of video 2 come prior in time to parts we saw in video 1. Including BL in the driver's seat with the then-present, and now seemingly missing, cloth seat cover. JMO.
Thank you for clarifying! I will delete my post because I don't want to add to misinformation.

I didn't know that about the seat cover :(

I work for state government. I think it said FMLA. Which could be medical leave. Or it could be taking care of a family member, etc. so…you’re correct. I just wanted to point out FMLA can be multiple things. It just makes sure your job is there when you come back.

Gabby Petito case: Moab, Utah's top cop takes leave of absence amid investigation into handling of 911 call

Police Chief Bret Edge requested a leave of absence under the Family Medical Leave Act that began Monday, Lisa Church, communications director for the City of Moab, confirmed to Fox News. The Moab Times-Independent was first to report the news.

Edge and Moab Mayor Emily Niehaus did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request seeking comment. Meanwhile, Church declined to answer further questions regarding the reason for Edge’s absence or whether it was related to recent controversies within the department. It was not clear when Edge would return to his post, or who would take his place in the meantime.

You guys, something really upsetting just occurred to me. I'm watching the footage released today, & something just jumped out. The officer tells BL (direct quotes here, but I recently broke my quote button being too vigorous in cleaning my keyboard. & some extraneous info is skipped over, indicated by my insertion of [...] ):

LE: She's going to have a court date online, in a week or two, she's going to have to show up for court date online & have to answer....

BL: [...] it was a little squabble, I'm sorry that it had to get so public... So, I just want to get the checklist of things we gotta do to get rid of it.

LE: Well, she'll get a paper with the court date...

BL: How do we get rid of it? [makes a cut sign & laughs]

LE: Well the court date has to be attended [...] From there, she can ask to speak to the prosecutor. The prosecutor might be contacting you. & say hey man, like, I know she's a 11o pounds soaking wet, & you're a big strong guy...

Now, speculation on my part here: This could have presented an enormous amount of stress for them/him in the following days & weeks... whether she would have ever intended to do this we don't know, BUT he could have been terrified that she could have used that moment to provide more context to the event or even say more about their history & how he'd been treating her... He could have absolutely been losing it about this court date approaching.

A week or two means potentially in the range of Aug 19-Aug 26. Did it occur while he was away? But would he really not want to know what she said? Did she stay in the hotel in order to have a good internet connection to attend the court date? That may not have been a firm estimation from LE at all. For all we know, her court date could have been scheduled for sometime after Aug 26... at which time we have very little evidence of her being alive (only the restaurant encounter iirc).

I wonder if we will find out if a) this court date happened, or b) was about to happen, before she was killed.

This information changed some things for me... I feel like it could perhaps almost speak to a potential motive...

JMO.
Feeling really heavy & going to take a break from the board for the rest of the night, but interested as ever in your thoughts.

While this is an interesting and disturbing thought, I agree with those who say if the ultimate decision was made not to charge her, the court date probably never happened. I hope the legal people here can weigh in about whether it's possible that there was any sort of official proceeding scheduled which we wouldn't have heard about from the current records of the traffic stop.

Even if BL's motive may have involved some fear that she would talk with authorities about something (such as abuse), it wouldn't make sense to murder her for that reason, as that would get him in worse trouble. If they really did separate for some days, that might also have lessened his control over her. So I'm still wondering about the reason for that brief separation, if it did occur. Assuming he the separation did occur and that he did murder her, maybe something happened during the separation that contributed to the murder? But it looks like their relationship was already strained before the separation, so who knows.

JMO

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1443759885150265347?s=20

J.B. Biunno
@WFLAJB

·
Sep 30

Quick note: couple of commenters have pointed out that Brian Laundrie’s “I don’t have a phone” comment very well could have been his retelling of the previous encounter with Gabby as he was questioned by police. We’ve noted this in the story on http://WFLA.com.
That would be something considering the witness in police report stated it was exactly the opposite - that he had her phone (and vehicle, and belongings in it) and she had to crawl and claw over him to pax side.

Personally, i'd take her accounts with a grain of salt. I don't find her to be a credible witness, nor have I seen evidence of those two being "best friends". I know Rose has said this but I question it. IMO GP did not make the same claims through her posts.

When DV isn't packaged in black eyes and physical altercations it can be hard for others to recognize (like BL antagonizing and emotionally abusing GP). I am in no way excusing GP for hitting BL. I think this relationship was volatile, toxic and unhealthy for both of them, obviously it ended in murder.

I think BL was/is a master manipulator and was harmful to GP in myriad ways. Personally, when someone is an abuser I believe they work hard to hide it from the world. When they are exasperated and grasping they do whatever they can for attention. IMO BL is the former and GP is the latter.

Again, JMO and based on the small snippets we've all seen.
Hmmmmm

Where do you see that was truly their heights and weights? The cop at Moab made a statement about her being 110lbs. soaking wet - that doesn't mean it was actual. He doesn't look to weigh 160, either.

I don't think that you need exact measurements to recognize that there was a great disparity in height and weight.

Ideally LE is not focusing on any single factor in this case but looking at everything that is relevant. JMO.
Hopefully LE is focusing on a single factor right now...Gabby is dead, and BL took off. The single factor at this point will be concentrating on collecting data, electronic forensics, examining all the players,....and finding BL. Being that BL fled across the country and went on the run is a really bad look for him.

What would that can be evidence of that would matter if it was deemed inadmissible? He's not being charged with illegal camping. And if LE or dog used that campsite to track him and catch him, the court isn't going to make them release him because they didn't properly process the can.
Flight. Possibly. IMO

Iirc, they photographed (or specifically filmed) marks on BL.

They said they were going to. BL declined, but I think the officer then said why he had to have it for his file. I don't recall seeing them actually take the pictures, but you are right to recall that detail. Just thinking out loud because I remember asking myself what they needed the pictures for if they were not going to cite anyone.

But you see, some of us do not think that she should ever have been threatened with jail. The call was about a male hitting a female and they and Brian twisted it so she was the aggressor.

I agree. I don't think BL was concerned at all for GP. He was trying to save his own arse. By making her sound like the crazy one, BL hoped the officers wouldn't listen to her side of things and then find out that BL was the actual perpetrator.

Not frantic, not grieved by his absence, not around the bend with worry, not living in an abyss of despair...concerned.
You are concerned when you think you left your bank card in the machine at Walmart, not when your adult child is the object of a manhunt.
And not a word of thanks to the hundreds of members of LE braving heat, mosquitoes, gators, sand spurs, exhaustion looking for their son.
I'm at a complete loss...

It's from their lawyer, who might be out of his depth for #1 and #2 IF he said anything about those searching, people would be skewering them worse than they are now.

Last edited:
Rose wasn't there. What are you talking about? All reports are of a man and a woman at the Moonflower coop.

Brian says "I gave her time" in the Moab stop. It seems pretty clear from both of their testimonies that he wanted her to stop working on her website and to go to the Arches for water and a hike. They both bring up working there from 9-3pm. Time spent there seemed to be in contention. Add in the part where he admits to pushing her food around on the plate.

There is no indication that Rose was 'distracting' her from her Van Life work. In fact, it would appear that Brian was the one not being supportive of her work ethic.
The comment I was replying to had wondered what might have been going on to cause the escalation of their negative interactions. I know Rose wasn't there, but it's reported that she had made plans to meet up with them at Yellowstone--their next planned destination. I just wonder if Brian was not happy with idea of having her join them, for some reason, and that his possible justification for not doing do was that Gabby wouldn't get much done on her blog with Rose around. This is just a theory I have based on information I have read from here and from there.

As far as Gabby's work being interrupted by Brian's plans to hike and go for water in Moab, I don't know anything about his plans for hiking, but I did hear Gabby tell the police that she wanted to go get water and to organize the van. I didn't hear anything about Brian insisting they go hiking. I get the idea she wasn't able to pull the blog together as much as she wanted to for whatever reason, and that was a large part of her stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts