Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's worth mentioning that Gabby Petito was 5' 5" and 110 lbs. Brian Laundrie is 5'8" and 158 lbs.

ETA: Corrected GP's height.

JMO
Where do you see that was truly their heights and weights? The cop at Moab made a statement about her being 110lbs. soaking wet - that doesn't mean it was actual. He doesn't look to weigh 160, either.

It's so interesting how people see the same things so differently! I honestly thought Brian was concerned about Gabby having a record...that his comments reflected how to avoid it--for her sake and for her future.
But you see, some of us do not think that she should ever have been threatened with jail. The call was about a male hitting a female and they and Brian twisted it so she was the aggressor.

I haven't listened yet, but Cassie's interview on the GMA website now has today's date. This is what it says below the video:

NEWS October 1, 2021
Sister of missing woman’s boyfriend speaks out amid search
Cassie Laundrie says she has not yet spoken to her brother, Brian Laundrie, now a person of interest in the disappearance of his girlfriend, Gabby Petito. Editor’s note: This story has been updated with additional quotes.

Did she actually receive a citation? I thought that that all went away as a result of LE's deciding to characterize the incidents as a "mental health issue," rather than a domestic violence one.

If she had to attend court for this, I'm stunned this wouldn't have been a huge topic of conversation at all since Day 1.
I don't know the answer, maybe you're right, or someone else will know? If I find out it didn't proceed this way I will ask the mods to remove my post, because what I'm suggesting is kind of mega inflammatory. Was this convo that I quoted in the original footage? I couldn't bring myself to watch it all... I find this footage massively triggering.

What would that can be evidence of that would matter if it was deemed inadmissible? He's not being charged with illegal camping. And if LE or dog used that campsite to track him and catch him, the court isn't going to make them release him because they didn't properly process the can.
Dog is searching for a person, a track of a person or any evidence of a person.
He's not searching for police evidence for a prosecution.

I was listening to the video interview with Gabby's friend Rose (posted on here somewhere) and she mentioned how Gabby would slap Brian when she was upset with him (times before the trip, when they were all in Florida). Apparently, this must have been a thing. She never said he hit back, but when a person is getting slapped, and they grab the slapper's face, I don't know if I'd call that DV on the part of the one being slapped. Rose had her chance to divulge incidents of past physical abuse by Brian, but she didn't. She mentioned several incidents that people have picked up on and run with in their DV diagnoses, but how do you know that Rose wasn't the jealous one--jealous of Gabby's relationship with Brian?

Personally, i'd take her accounts with a grain of salt. I don't find her to be a credible witness, nor have I seen evidence of those two being "best friends". I know Rose has said this but I question it. IMO GP did not make the same claims through her posts.

When DV isn't packaged in black eyes and physical altercations it can be hard for others to recognize (like BL antagonizing and emotionally abusing GP). I am in no way excusing GP for hitting BL. I think this relationship was volatile, toxic and unhealthy for both of them, obviously it ended in murder.

I think BL was/is a master manipulator and was harmful to GP in myriad ways. Personally, when someone is an abuser I believe they work hard to hide it from the world. When they (the victims) are exasperated and grasping, they do whatever they can for attention or the anything to "make it stop". IMO BL is the former and GP is the latter.

Again, JMO and based on the small snippets we've all seen.

Last edited:
Everyone is searching the swamps and woods he could easily go to a city and blend right in. Hat, sunglasses, cover his hand tatts or have them removed. New ID and just blend in.
If he's in a city, it's close to home, IMO. BL requires help and if a great long term plan isn't playing out, he needs help from his family.

I am not certain that Gabby didn't call any of her parents.
She may well have done.
It's just that her family have shared their interactions with her but no one has ever brought up that particular call.
jmho

I've been surprised since the beginning how little has been made public about the nature and content of any conversations with her, what exactly was texted or left in vmail to any of the Laundries, any other contact or context information.

Well, not "surprised," as it's prudent from a LE/legal perspective, but most situations like this are leakier. I guess at least GP's parents had the sense to find decent lawyers....

He took medical leave. There's nothing saying he "was placed" on medical leave afaik
I work for state government. I think it said FMLA. Which could be medical leave. Or it could be taking care of a family member, etc. so…you’re correct. I just wanted to point out FMLA can be multiple things. It just makes sure your job is there when you come back.

And why did LE not photograph them…I seem to remember a LEO video taping her while she was in the police car…..
They did photograph BL in the video. I'm sorry, but IMOO, the zoom photo of GP's face, I don't see a bruise? Even within the circles area. I'm sure the cops assessed her for marks, and would have identified any of they had been there. I need to listen to the video again.

Where do you see that was truly their heights and weights? The cop at Moab made a statement about her being 110lbs. soaking wet - that doesn't mean it was actual. He doesn't look to weigh 160, either.

Gabby’s father also referred to her as 110 pounds in one of the Dr. Phil interviews. Of course it was an approximation.

I'm hoping someone with legal experience can jump in & clarify on my behalf, as I don't know how it all works. It definitely sounds from the discussion that this court date HAD to happen, that is what LE is saying when Brian wants to get rid of it. The officer explains to BL that Brian can remove the protection order the next morning if he wants & be near her again, & BL can tell the prosecutor at the time of the court date he doesn't want for her to be convicted, but from the sounds of it the court date itself HAD to happen.

I don't think we have any way of knowing yet whether, or when, Gabby did get to attend this.

MOO/IMO I saw a piece of the video in body cam 2 played just last hour on Banfield (News Nation) where Gabby was pleading to pay tickets or anything and did not want to be separated from BL, and the officer said let me talk to my supervisor or something (I noticed he didn't say Captain or LT - maybe just different lingo for diff part of the country) and I'll see if there's anything I missed or something. In the end we know she was not arrested (and given an appearance ticket). Instead they were separated. That is on video 1. So, it's odd, parts of video 2 come prior in time to parts we saw in video 1. Including BL in the driver's seat with the then-present, and now seemingly missing, cloth seat cover. JMO.

I don't know how you guys do it. I only did a hike in the mountains one time, and it was a short day hike. Sure I had to put bleach in the cabin water but this was my one and only time. I feel fat and lazy just reading these posts. I have certainly learned a lot about hiking though. From life straws to the gear BL had on his dyrt app pictures. Interesting for sure. IMO BL seemed to have the gear he needed for survival based upon those pictures and posts. JMO

Backpacking was fun back when I was fitter. Now I have arthritis in my knee and degenerated discs in my back. Not so much fun anymore. And just to clarify, I didn't actually complete a thruhike, I got about half way (1000 miles) and called it quits. People talk about winter hiking being tough. I disagree, I had no problem being out there in snow and 0 degree whether, but I wilted in the summer heat. And having great gear helps a lot but it isn't critical. People used to do it in jeans and canvas tents and backpacks.

If only LE had stayed and talked to Gabby once BL had been chauffeured to his hotel room.
Gabby was so distraught it's hard to conceive that it was safe for her to drive.
Yes, calmed her down. I have anxiety about driving myself. I can understand that driving that van, all closed in, and not knowing the area. I would be very upset at that prospect. I would rather go to jail..I would hope she went to a motel for the night. I think it's important to know their movements in the following weeks. The period she was alone when BL returned to Florida and the real reason. And the period after his return!! I'm sure they precipitated what happened to GP.

I haven't listened yet, but Cassie's interview on the GMA website now has today's date. This is what it says below the video:

NEWS October 1, 2021
Cassie Laundrie says she has not yet spoken to her brother, Brian Laundrie, now a person of interest in the disappearance of his girlfriend, Gabby Petito. Editor’s note: This story has been updated with additional quotes.

I don't think there's a mystery about what she meant. I think we have to make too many excuses for what she meant in order for her not to be lying. For example, saying she hadn't heard from GP's family. She's either lying or we have to make an excuse of them having the wrong number. And here with the wishing she could talk to Brian. We again have to make an excuse for what she really meant. When one is telling the truth, we don't need to make so many excuses.

My take on the phone involvement at Moonflower is that Brian was worried that Gabby was about to leave him there without his phone (according to what he told the officer), so he was attempting to grab hers so that she wouldn't go, or so he'd have a phone if she did go.

As far as things ramping up by 08/25, it seems they were absolutely under a lot of stress from the close quarters of the trip, the inability of Gabby to get as much work done as she wanted, and according to what Brian told the officer, Gabby was upset with the bugs. I also wonder if Brian was unhappy about the potential meet-up with Gabby's friend at Yellowstone in the next few days. Apparently, they were planning to go there on the 27th. I'm guessing that Rose never made the trip, but I don't think that's been confirmed.

He had her keys and locked her out of her van, though. The first thing DV abusers do is take your phone away.

I appreciate your sharing this info with me....I really don't know what, if anything else they could have done. That's what I'm wrestling with. Even the officer said the police aren't qualified to diagnose or give advise on DV. Well, maybe they should be. Add that to the list of requirements for the job.
She said, and she was even apologetic about if, as if she had to wear it, that he grabbed her face and dug his nails into her cheek... she was clearly showing an abrasion there.....

Now.. I hesitate to cast aspersions here, but in any community, in the Western world, and in a very large part of the non western world also, a man doing that to a woman, in the main street in broad daylight is surely an event that needs closer , possibly heavier scrutiny and would not be dismissed .
I don't know what the current social climate is in Moab, Utah.. I don't think I have ever passed thru it, although I have spent time in Salt Lake City, ( reluctantly, I admit, but not of SLC"s doing ) .. but I don't think that is the usual deportment of men in the company of women in Moab.

I could be wrong. Always a possibility.

It HAD to happen if she was charged and arrested, but she was not. jmo
Ok, so if I understand correctly, they were talking about doing this early on in the convo, but they decided not to charge her toward the end, & just separated them for the night? And then there were no subsequent legal matters? (Edit: I deleted my prior post, as what I wrote was a misunderstanding & I don't want to contribute to any more misinformation)! Thank you for keeping me in check.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member