Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get a fair trial when pretty much everyone has heard of this case? Also, what if one of the jurors is a BL sympathizer?
Most people only have a passing awareness of the outlines of the situation. But even John Hinckley got a fair trial from a jury selection standpoint, as did Al Capone, Jeffrey Dahmer, and R.Kelly (to pick a few with enormous notoriety). The jury selection process has many safeguards and for the most part, barring tampering and/or multiple failures, it works.

tt2rrh9avjo71.png

Here's a map of the locations - you can go to maps.google.com to figure out the exact scale. Note that Gabby's body was found across the (dry) creek bed. If she had gotten lost, either direction of travel along the creek bed would have taken her to a road. It's hard to get lost there, unless one has amnesia or a serious head injury. Of course, a broken leg or similar would also make that impossible. We don't have the Coroner's report, but the activity of LE in Florida would be extraordinary if there were a simple, accidental cause for a head injury or a broken limb. Most people with broken limbs shout and scream for hours - so it had to have been a head injury and BL would have had to do zero searching for her.

I think most of us know what theory LE is using.

It isn't if they were doing normal "library things".

They weren't.

They didn't touch or look at a single book, so what were they doing in there!?

People do all kinds of things in public libraries that don't involve physical books. They use restrooms, hang out in heated or air conditioned spaces, use computers, recharge phones, meet people, read out of town newspapers, make copies/use a scanner... I suspect for the Laundries it was a cooler, anonymous space to hang out in. Most likely they had allowed extra driving time to get to their appt & they didn't want to sit in the office waiting room for so long
JMO

Quote RSBM.
Despite what appears to be a lack of empathy and heart from them toward Gabby and her family, I have no doubt if BL is ever located deceased, his parents will be grieving severely, as much as any parent.

I also think they are trying to "save" him from prison.
I feel they believe the only way "out" of this nightmare for them would be if he's not charged with a violent crime or is acquitted. If he dies, they'll suffer.
(I don't have to like them to believe they love their children as much as the rest of us..)
I hope that they love their daughter enough to not let her ruin her life and her kids lives by expecting her to be deceitful about her brother........jmo

How long would it take a person to suss out a snowbird's house near the camping ground he went to with his parents? A day, two?

How close to the swampland parking area is the nearest public transport to the campground, 75 miles away.? I mean bus or train or whatever is in use in that part of Florida if anything?

... From there the discussion goes in to who will stay where. Brian immediately suggests that he could camp, and asks them to take him into the park. The police explain that that is not a great alternative, because he would never make it back to town to fill out paperwork reversing the no contact order before the police station closed, and then he and Gabby would not be able to reunite until at least Monday. So, one officer goes about trying to arrange a hotel room for BL through a domestic violence nonprofit (and as far as I can tell, on that organization’s dime)...

Thank you for posting this. I did not watch video 2 in its entirety as I did video 1 and I was completely unaware of the part quoted above. I was aware of the "contact supervisor" piece but was not aware that it got as far as them discussing a reversal of an order. I did not think there was this level of formality to their stop. Very interesting. This confirms to me IMOO that as we had been discussing since the release of video 1, that they truly did believe he was the victim. This is evidence of that, as opposed to a "Well, we don't know which of them really started it so we separated them, etc." MOO

We don't have the Coroner's report, but the activity of LE in Florida would be extraordinary if there were a simple, accidental cause for a head injury or a broken limb. Most people with broken limbs shout and scream for hours - so it had to have been a head injury and BL would have had to do zero searching for her.

I think most of us know what theory LE is using.

SBM

If there was a simple, accidental cause for a head injury or a broken limb, would her death have been declared a homicide? That finding means that there was persuasive evidence found in the autopsy that she died by another's hand, correct?

OCT 2, 2021
The Brian Laundrie search is complicated by time and environmental factors, experts say - CNN
[...]

"Time is that one thing that we are constantly fighting in law enforcement," said Bryanna Fox, a former FBI special agent and associate professor in the department of criminology at the University of South Florida.

[...]

The fact that Laundrie left those two key items behind may mean there's very little digital or forensic evidence for authorities, said Fox, the USF professor. The cell phone would've helped investigators know who Laundrie was communicating with and where he may have been, while his wallet would've told them where he's spending money.

[...]

Investigators have been searching for Laundrie at the reserve, but the conditions in south Florida make it difficult to find evidence -- or any possible remains.

"Down in Florida, during the summer and wet time, a body can start to skeletonize in less than five to seven days," said Chris Boyer, executive director of the non-profit National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR). "And with predators, you can lose a lot of evidence that way."

Fox told CNN the tropical conditions "are among the harshest on forensic evidence."

[...]

Fox said the only way Laundrie will be able to continue evading police is if he's "absolutely perfect" in hiding.

"In other words, he has to be perfect and make zero mistakes. Law enforcement, to be able to find him, they either have to find one clue or catch one mistake he made and that could blow the whole case open," she said.

[...]
ValuJet Airlines Flight 592 - Wikipedia
Agree. If anyone remembers the crash of ValuJet Flight 592 in the FL Everglades, they will recall the difficulties of retrieving remains of victims in the swamp and investigating the crash. Searching for BL or his remains in that swampy reserve would be equally difficult.

I've been wondering this also, WHY? Couldn't the FBI just stop. Gabby is home now. I believe BL isn't missing, I believe his whole family knows where he is. I wonder, if the search for BL is called off, would that mean the protester would leave the street BL's parents live on?

You're not really suggesting calling off all efforts to find a wanted man, when there are tips continuing to pour in on a live, and very new and active case? Because the dead person has been recovered and buried, and the neighbors are annoyed?

That seems to run counter to the whole purpose/reason for being of a justice system.

Most people only have a passing awareness of the outlines of the situation. But even John Hinckley got a fair trial from a jury selection standpoint, as did Al Capone, Jeffrey Dahmer, and R.Kelly (to pick a few with enormous notoriety). The jury selection process has many safeguards and for the most part, barring tampering and/or multiple failures, it works.
I agree. There are people that don’t do social media at all. If someone doesn’t have any social media, I would think that, like you said, they’d have more of just a passing awareness of the case just by brief news reports, etc. JMO. That would be the pool of ppl I’d think would be the most unfamiliar. IMO.

IMO, it's a mute point. The FBI said they have been unwilling to cooperate. I don't think they have told them anything other than BL is missing. Not saying and telling lies are two completely different things. Short of a recorded conversation, I'm not sure how anyone would prove They lied about the Reserve.
IMO When it comes to which law applies and which law charges must be filed under, it is not moot, but rather, highly relevant. File charges under the wrong law, they get thrown out. MOO But, I agree with your assessment that they're facing proof problems. I think this is pretty obvious MOO as they have the power to bring them in for questioning b4 a grand jury. MOO/IMO But they may be intentionally waiting. I am guessing part of that dynamic is to monitor any contact they may have or attempt to have with Brian. MOO

Last edited:
ValuJet Airlines Flight 592 - Wikipedia
Agree. If anyone remembers the crash of ValuJet Flight 592 in the FL Everglades, they will recall the difficulties of retrieving remains of victims in the swamp and investigating the crash. Searching for BL or his remains in that swampy reserve would be equally difficult.
Great point!! You’re right. They had a really hard time with that investigation in those conditions.

I posted a screen shot of his insta post with this quote multiple pages back. He wasn't directing it at homeless people, but at there being too many people in a park. I'll post it again.
Speaking of his posts, does anyone know how to find his comments about chimpanzees? I don't know how to find things on SM but it was linked here in the beginning of the case.

He talks about how you would never see a goose wearing designer clothes and how humans are so materialistic compared to animals. I wanted to read it again but I can't seem to find it. TIA!

They had to travel some distance to get there, I think, and probably built in a cushion to make sure they were there on time. jmo
Of course! I'm not questioning being early for an appointment. :)

Or anything else about the library time. Maybe your comment wasn't directed to me specifically, as I said I thought it was the most likely thing that they were just killing time, no ninja-level stealth communications happening.

MOO - then nobody shouldnconfirm that he said it when someone asked if he said/wrote it. It’s a terrible thing for anyone to say so I don’t want to attribute things to him that he didn’t actually say. I think he copied an author’s thoughts/a line from a book thinking it made him sound intellectual. But I don’t think he was ever quoted to say that about specific populations or groups. What he does is bad enough, we don’t need to make him sound worse lol.

It's from his Instagram page. Third row down in the middle.

What he wrote, verbatim, is this:

"Zion is proof that mankind can ruin anything even in an effort to preserve it. Beautiful park just with an unfortunate infestation of human beings."

He could have meant litter in the park, something like that. Hard to tell, but it sounds like he valued nature over humanity. Many do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay