Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering this too. On the first warrant execution they ushered them out and put them into the car. Could it have been to clear the house? Sure, I suppose. Could have been to plant listening devices? Sure, I suppose. MOO. This is something I also wondered from the very day of the house search.
If a judge.signs a court.order they can!
Jmo

I've asked myself the same things and always feel that need to re-evaluate. To me, the date of GP's death would be really significant in helping to determine BL's behavior pattern and predicting his next moves.

If she did indeed die on the 27th, following the Merry Piglets incident, that means BL made decisions afterwards that included leaving the crime scene and van in place, hiking on foot for two days, hitchhiking back to the crime scene, all the while being seen by people and deceiving them by talking about his gf back at the van, etc. That would seemingly be him setting up an alibi before driving away in the same van. Much more purposeful thought put into this scenario, on his part.

IMO, that would be a very different type of person than one who killed GP on the evening of the 29th and immediately fled the scene before anyone could possibly know what happened.

I wonder if his behaviors immediately after her death might give hint to profilers on whether he would now flee and hide, kill himself, or seek help from others.

Hiking on foot/hitching to a place with an ATM and a shower.

Those are self-preservation instincts, which is why I'm saying we can't predict exactly what he'd do if someone tried to turn him in, etc.

I believe he sought help from his family immediately, based on that. His desire to bolt from two hitched rides (IIRC) shows that he's highly fearful - about something. Didn't want to go back to Jackson to be recognized, but didn't realize he was near Moran Junction (which is sort of a hub of various roads that most park visitors quickly learn is there) and that the cars he was in were going south to Jackson, not easterly toward his van (Gabby probably did all the navigating).

You're not really suggesting calling off all efforts to find a wanted man, when there are tips continuing to pour in on a live, and very new and active case? Because the dead person has been recovered and buried, and the neighbors are annoyed?

That seems to run counter to the whole purpose/reason for being of a justice system.
But right now all he is wanted for is bank fraud. If they know more, why have no additional charges been made?

If I remember correctly, in Florida, you must have the other parties permission to record them. Hence all the “your call may be recorded for quality” whenever you call a business here. It would make sense that “tapping” a line or similar, would all fall under the same state law. Maybe someone versed in FL law can elaborate. I'm sure federal law has a clause for discreet tracking regardless of state law. JMO

What liability would Brian's family have for harboring a person who is "a person of interest" vs. someone who is wanted for murder? Aside from the bank fraud charges, he hasn't had a warrant issued for anything else. To villify the parents and to speculate as to the possibility of charges being brought against them would mean that they are responsible for doing investigative work for LE, wouldn't it? Is that a crime?

I believe anyone harboring and assisting him could be charged. However, there are a lot of people who have no clue a lot this case. With the way things work now, we can be very selective in the news we read. I asked a bunch of people here what they though of the case , and very few even knew what I was talking about

Brian is a.minimalist!
Less.is better
He believe we need to save the earth!
Get rid.of.plastic
Don't eat animals

We have an entire generation of.young adults out here just.like.him
My son a d his ex were the same.
Clean oceans
Eat nothing g with a face
Won't wear leather!
No wool.that sheared from.poor.sheep!
No products that they experiment on animals.for
Its deep I'm telling ya!
So idealistic! So self-righteous and pure!

Unless you leave your favorite human (who also has a face, a name, a family) dead in a lonely field, escape driving their vehicle full of fossil fuel, and heat up that plastic credit card to buy more gasoline on the way home. :( But that's okay as long as he never eats a hamburger and hikes without shoes.

I agree with this. While I'm just as interested in this case as the next Websleuther, the cost of this operation cannot be justified in light of the amount of money spent to track down others who are suspected of a domestic violence killing.

More than half a million people go missing every year in the US, and spending a lion's share of taxpayer dollars on a single case--no matter how popular the case is--isn't right.

They need to continue to work this case, but at a reasonable level.

If they run out of tips in a case and chase all leads without finding anything, THEN it warrants scaling back the search because there would be nothing to go on. That is why they spend more resources on one case compared to others because they have a lot of leads to chase whereas other cases have completely run out of leads.
According to DTBH, he is receiving thousands of tips in this case. If he is receiving thousands of tips, LE could not be far behind in how many they are receiving. To scale it back while there are thousands of leads to follow up on would be asinine. IMO.

I agree with this. While I'm just as interested in this case as the next Websleuther, the cost of this operation cannot be justified in light of the amount of money spent to track down others who are suspected of a domestic violence killing.

More than half a million people go missing every year in the US, and spending a lion's share of taxpayer dollars on a single case--no matter how popular the case is--isn't right.

They need to continue to work this case, but at a reasonable level.

Agreed. It was different when they thought they were looking for a missing person left in a wilderness area and were looking for clues that would lead to her. But now that the urgency is gone, it looks more like trying to make up for the embarrassment of losing him in the first place.

But when's enough is enough as far as the neighborhood wanting peace and quiet restored? LE needs to reign the circus in when other innocents are being persecuted by the madness. I think I would have lost it by now if all this was happening on my street because a fugitive's parents lived nearby.

That's why I find it odd they haven't removed them or given them warnings or a fine yet. I feel bad for the neighbors, maybe they'll pressure them to talk.

I believe he took her phone because 6 hours.of.working on the blog was.enough! It was probably the only way to.get her to stop!
6 hours is a.long time! They stopped having fun! Sad!
From everything I've read here, it's very difficult and time consuming to start a YouTube channel. So six hours doesn't seem like a long time. The money they would eventually make would help fund their experience as Van lifers. Brian didn't seem to want to be a part of that, even though he told the officers they were a "team."

It sounds to me like he was willing to let her do all the work. How did he expect to continue using her van to go camping and hiking if he didn't at least support her or give her time? "Work before play," as my mom used to say.

Why are various local level LE and the FBI putting so much money and so many resources into finding one guy?

We all want justice for GP but the staggering number of resources spent on this one case is just mind-boggling to me.

Why?

You're not really suggesting calling off all efforts to find a wanted man, when there are tips continuing to pour in on a live, and very new and active case? Because the dead person has been recovered and buried, and the neighbors are annoyed?

That seems to run counter to the whole purpose/reason for being of a justice system.

My opinion only, but I don't think they are searching frantically for him to seek justice for Gabbie.

They are most likely desperately searching for him because they believe him to be dangerous to society. As in: "Will kill for food" or any other reason possibly.

I think so, but it could still be accidental. JMOO
I do not think the coroner saying manner of death 'homicide' would be made so quickly after finding GP.
Did we see this from yesterday ?

Laundrie family believes BL is still alive and hiding in Florida.

Gabby Petito's family called Florida cops one DAY before they reported her missing in NY | Daily Mail Online
yes, the family were 'concerned and hopeful' that he will be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l