Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should also add to that post there's a potential argument on the other side of this that always has to be considered and weighed. That being that he is "NOT" attempting to avoid apprehension or prosecution because the indictment was returned on 9/22/2021 - after he reportedly went missing. MOO

Therefore "how can he be attempting to avoid apprehension or prosecution when he does not even know???" And this, for as crazy as it may sound, may work and start that clock running unless the govt can prove otherwise. So it is too risky to fool around with it when it is not necessary to file an indictment at this time. MOO

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306.1.0_1.pdf

Hadn't even considered this as a possibility.... I know there are a few attorneys on here and would love to hear their thoughts on this!

Should also add to that post there's a potential argument on the other side of this that always has to be considered and weighed. That being that he is "NOT" attempting to avoid apprehension or prosecution because the indictment was returned on 9/22/2021 - after he reportedly went missing. MOO

Therefore "how can he be attempting to avoid apprehension or prosecution when he does not even know???" And this, for as crazy as it may sound, may work and start that clock running unless the govt can prove otherwise. So it is too risky to fool around with it when it is not necessary to file an indictment at this time. MOO

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306.1.0_1.pdf

In that scenario, what do you think he us/would be doing, then?

(Note I think there are many strategic and tactical reasons that the only public indictnent is on the fraud/I've outlined a number of them. Merely asking what you think he's doing if unaware he is wanted.)

Thanks for your thoughtful reply here. Except that the transcript I read indicates they assumed it was his van which would mean they never looked up the plates at all. Quoting from the transcript :
Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

Officer Robbins: (31:31)
Does she have a good drivers license?

Brian Laundrie: (31:38)
Yeah she’s good she’s got a drivers license, yeah.

Speaker 5: (31:40)
You trust her with your vehicle?

Brian Laundrie: (31:40)
Yeah she can handle it.

The police report from this incident lists Gabrielle Petito as the vehicle owner. The police checked the registration. I posted a link to the report in a thread yesterday.

State Laws all still apply because the FBI is only leading the Case. The FBI has not taken over the Case 100%. Florida's North Port Police Department is assisting in the investigation.

I presume that the FBI is involved because the Case crosses State borders.
Well MOO, I presume the FBI is on the case for that, and also for the fact that she was found on federal lands. The question remains though - and they may know this by now but we certainly do not, is whether this is where she was killed. If a second location is discovered and it is determined she was moved to federal lands, Wyoming law may apply to BL's case (not parents). MOO

Thanks for your thoughtful reply here. Except that the transcript I read indicates they assumed it was his van which would mean they never looked up the plates at all. Quoting from the transcript :
Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

Officer Robbins: (31:31)
Does she have a good drivers license?

Brian Laundrie: (31:38)
Yeah she’s good she’s got a drivers license, yeah.

Speaker 5: (31:40)
You trust her with your vehicle?

Brian Laundrie: (31:40)
Yeah she can handle it.

Well, it could be a joint 'your'. As in your = Gabby and BL's vehicle, as opposed to BL's alone.

(Even though we know it was registered to Gabby). Semantics. But I don't think LE were trying to inflame an already fraught situation. imo

They handed the vehicle to Gabby. I think they knew.

'101' for LE. Run a check as you pull a vehicle over ... see if there are any warrants, stolen vehicle, BOLO, etc.

Last edited:
It doesn't require non stop driving. If we go from say 11pm 29th to Sept 1st 10:30am, that's roughly 60 hours of time to make the journey. It is claimed that driving all the way back would take approx 33-36 hours. That still leaves 24 hours (or more) to make food/potty/gas stops, even book a few motel room stays on the way.

edited: Removed some snippiness. Sorry.

Its easily done in that time. I once drove from Chapel Hill to Santa Fe in less than three days and we leisurely camped out each night. We stopped in TN and the second night in TX. Granted, driving straight our trip was a 10-hours less drive than BL’s but we were leisurely.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if this has been shared as I can’t seem to keep up, but Candice DeLong has a podcast episode on Gabby: ‎Killer Psyche: The Case of Gabby Petito on Apple Podcasts
Thanks for this. The synopsis: "former FBI agent and criminal profiler Candice DeLong and her producer, Julie Berke, discuss the ongoing investigation of the death of Gabby Petito. As they recap recent events in the case, they explore the psychological workings that could be occurring, the steps investigators might be taking, and address the public’s insatiable interest in the homicide case that has gripped the nation."

I was thinking yesterday that these profilers have been all over this. They've been profiling BL from the jump. MOO I was thinking "I bet they've pegged him as reclusive and anti-social" Again, MOO.

No FBI profilers have been interviewed to date as far as I have seen. IMO so it'll be very interesting to hear what they have to say here. Thanks.

Gabby was reported missing before he went into hiding. The police went to his house twice on the 10th. He knew he was in deep trouble and would soon be in custody. He wasn't thinking about credit card fraud - he was thinking about the murder(s).

Just a little detail, but did anyone else notice how BL held onto those van keys in the body cam footage? I remember it irked me how he was gripping them at times and how he almost hesitates to hand them over to the officer to give to Gabby near the end.
Yep, noticed that ! Thanks for mentioning!

RE: 10 days to scrub.... I was not thinking about scrubbing decomposition, I was thinking about finger prints. I agree, decomp couldn't have been sufficiently scrubbed. jmo

Not sure why he would scrub his fingerprints - one would expect both his and Gabby's to be everywhere (along with their DNA). In fact, scrubbing the van would be a big piece of evidence against him.

Unless of course, he had her blood on his hands - in which case, he needed to go wash up.

This was a dry camp. Down the road, in the numbered sites, Spread Creek campground may have spigots but no restrooms, so he would have been seen doing such an act. Probably feeling a bit scared at the time, I would imagine. (My info on the campground is coming from reviews and from Bridger-Teton NF webpage).

What a bummer if he did something so heinous that he figured he couldn't even get back in the van, but had to hoof it over to Colter Bay.

Thought experiment.

They loved each other. The fought like cats and dogs off and on for 7 years. Gabby said they BOTH suffered from anxiety both! Not sure psychopaths can even feel anxiety.

They got to Spreading Creek, again all the while arguing...went to walk it off, starting getting physical again. Brian hit her or pushed her so hard she broke her neck and died instantly.

Is Brian evil???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member