Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had been in the co-op for about six hours that day. Gabby was working on her videos, with Brian probably complaining that he wanted to go hiking. Then Gabby had to deal with the mess in the van, which BL could have cleaned up himself.

They had been arguing for two days so I would imagine she was pretty stressed by then. The worst thing Brian could have done was take her phone, her keys and lock her out of the van. Instead of calming her down all he did was escalate the situation.

He seems to have poor communication skills so I wonder if he often 'acted out' instead of using words. When he told officers he told her to take a walk to calm down, I got the feeling that’s been suggested to him many times as a way to deal with anger.

I wish he had stayed in Florida instead of flying back to be reunited with Gabby.

IMO

I think I heard on the video Gabby said she had thrown that stuff in the back. So Brian could have been complaining that she did that.

And no one in their right mind makes a Walmart run when their child may be dead or endangered. Just ain't buying he's not alive until FBI tells me he's dead.

I wonder if it is possible that his parents went to WalMart and shopped for goods and supplies for him. They could have paid the bill and left the purchase for him to pick up. And to fool everyone, they came home with a gallon of milk. I think someone needs to check WalMart CCTV. JMO

It’s common in a caregiver situation for sure. Like when I had my bone marrow transplant. My kids were shopping and filling my vehicle’s gas tank. They used my debit card with my permission.

I was surprised when the federal warrant came out for bank card use. It struck me as, are they desperate to find something to pin on him? Looking for a reason to hold him? Justifying what has to be a million dollar plus search for him?

It’s amazing how easy would it be to implode someone’s life just by claiming they used your debit card. These 2 weren’t married but in a long term relationship. It wouldn’t seem odd to me to use each other’s debit card on occasion. But hey, if this is what it takes to find this asshat, I’m all for it!!

Not really.

The thing is, after death, it's no longer debatable that you do not have permission to use money in an account with only the dead person's name on it (I'm excluding bequests or directives, etc.).

During life, as a practical matter, you're not really going to be able to get a serious Federal prosecution going out of spite or lying to mess with someone's life.

And also practically speaking, I think it is a far greater problem/likelihood that acquaintance theft of this sort is under-prosecuted than it is over-prosecuted.

(That said, on a personal note, just for fun I'm going to go poking around on SOL and statutes and such - I've got someone in mind who did just this sort of thing to me. In the aftermath of all that followed, it never even occurred to me to go to LE about it, despite being an attorney and having been previously married to a prosecutor. Why not? Well - all the reasons that people in abusive situations do or don't do many things that they could or should - humiliation, protection of the abuser, sense of defeat, loss of agency, feeling unentitled to recompense because you feel guilty enough for having gotten into such a situation in the first place....hmm, this is ringing a bell....)

According to Brian's postings he idolized the famous hermit/burglar Christopher Thomas Knight and read all he could about him. One of Knight's better known quotes (somewhat a reason for his decision to leave society and enter solitary life) is "solitude bestows an increase in something valuable ... my perception. But ... when I applied my increased perception to myself, I lost my identity. There was no audience, no one to perform for ... To put it romantically, I was completely free."
With this in mind, and a good portion of society in hot pursuit of him, Brian's environment is ripe for a vanishing, not a death. Brian wants complete liberation, self-won, fully realized. He knows he has to be alive in order to enter in and enjoy that fully-realized state. Death is a question without an answer, a situation without promise and beyond his control. A vanishing IS within his realm of control. Brian is in his glory.
MOO
One would think that his parents would be trumpeting public pleas for him to turn himself in to authorities for the fugitive from fraud case. That their "concern" is only expressed through their lawyer is telling. I wonder if they are comforted a bit by thinking that he is deceased and that if they continue to say nothing, this nightmare for them will end sooner for them. If he is found alive, the nightmare has just begun for them. jmo

Quick question??? Can someone tell me where Gabby stayed the night of 08/12/2021? I thought I initially heard in the van, at the police station, but I don’t see any mention in body cam footage just where she was instructed to go (if she even was). I know she drove off in the van, to stay in the van. I don’t want to get into the discussion of how that stop was handled, we’ve all done that. But I just have this image in my head that BL was driven by Moab PD to a DV place yet I don’t know where GP, this young girl who appeared to not want to be alone…”actually” went for the night and was anyone watching out for her?. I didn’t jump back on WS until a week or so ago so I may have missed it! Does anyone know exactly where she & her van spent the night? Was it the Moab PD station…TIA! As a Mom, it’s just one of those things I want to know.

If it is bugged, or they suspect it is, they write notes to each other all day long. Their conversations are about mundane things only.

Haha I've always thought that..

"What would I do if my house was bugged with microphones or cameras?"

I'd simply write the stuff on a piece of paper for the other person to read, and ensure my hand was shielding the note at the time. Then burn after reading.

I'm sure this isn't foolproof though..

The Laundries have GOT to believe the FBI bugged their house, right!?

MOO

I agree. I think if they knew where he was, they'd arrest him. They could hold him on the current charges and then charge him with something else as more information became available. I think they'd like to have him in custody, and not just because finding him has devolved into a circus.

Imagine the circus if they lost him a second time. Who knows what craziness would ensue. Someone might even start an oversight hearing in Congress to look into it.

Noting:

the Laundrie family did not supply anything with Brian’s scent on it, Hadsell said.

“The parents as you know are being uncooperative,
so we don’t have any sent articles or anything from Brian to be able to use it as a target odor for our dogs to work on,”

(Snipped and bbm) so this is interesting fodder. If they're so worried, why not help the helpers?? I hadn't seen this confirmed before. Thanks.

Florida statute may work to advantage of Brian Laundrie's parents

This is interesting. Apparently, a parents first duty is to their children. I just can't wrap my head around telling one of my kids a plan to evade LEO.

Fortunately, I never had this experience.

Interesting thanks!

Per Florida Statute 777.03, a person commits a felony offense when they assist an individual to evade detection, arrest, trial or punishment after the fact. Relatives of the offender, however, are largely protected from being accessories. This would include the parents of Brian Laundrie, who now has a federal warrant out for his arrest for allegedly committing bank card fraud.

However, attorney Cory Baird told WESH-TV that while the parents are protected from any charges stemming from how they may have helped their son, "if they made misleading statements or lied to officers, obviously that’s a crime in Florida, and they’re not protected from that."

Haha I've always thought that..

"What would I do if my house was bugged with microphones or cameras?"

I'd simply write the stuff on a piece of paper for the other person to read, and ensure my hand was shielding the note at the time. Then burn after reading.

I'm sure this isn't foolproof though..

The Laundries have GOT to believe the FBI bugged their house, right!?

MOO

Yes! And I was going to mention that burning would be necessary; but I am sure they get notice when the FBI are coming.

Hide out in a friend or relatives house unseen for about a year. Come out as a transgender female. Meet someone online appearing to be in a relationship in public.
Not to mention the ongoing expense and use of cross-service agencies and departments in the search for him.

I'd like to think that the FBI have a series of Plan As, Plan Bs, and Plan Cs, plus a few aces up their sleeves when it comes to what charges they can hold him on, if and when, he's arrested.

MOO

While this case is super high profile, the FBI has a standard playbook stuffed with tactics. Sure, every case has something new to learn from, but essentially this case is nothing new for them - the same procedures are in play, over and over.

Can I float a theory on how BL got his family on Board?

Comes Home Crying, Sobbing that Gabby Left him. Left him for some other guy. "its over, she even punched me" (shows superficial scratch or other BS. Family says lets go camping to get your mind off of this.

He says he just wants to get away and be by himself. They help him set something up to get away to refresh. Fast forward to Gabby parent calling. BL splits, family thinks they have willingly or unwillingly helped him escape. The call a lawyer, he says shut your mouths.

Here we are..........

This sounds generally plausible except...

Her van.
Why... would she give up her van.
The van she so desperately & feverishly crawled back into... on the drivers side... over & past the dude who had just assaulted her.

I can't get past that.

Also, when LE was discussing splitting them up w one of them staying in a hotel...
She reflexively pleaded with fear, panic & a meek voice of conviction:
"We're a team"

IMO, that moment, is a red flag he had her pretty well brainwashed by that point.

OCT 2, 2021
The Brian Laundrie search is complicated by time and environmental factors, experts say - CNN
[...]

"Time is that one thing that we are constantly fighting in law enforcement," said Bryanna Fox, a former FBI special agent and associate professor in the department of criminology at the University of South Florida.

[...]

The fact that Laundrie left those two key items behind may mean there's very little digital or forensic evidence for authorities, said Fox, the USF professor. The cell phone would've helped investigators know who Laundrie was communicating with and where he may have been, while his wallet would've told them where he's spending money.

[...]

Investigators have been searching for Laundrie at the reserve, but the conditions in south Florida make it difficult to find evidence -- or any possible remains.

"Down in Florida, during the summer and wet time, a body can start to skeletonize in less than five to seven days," said Chris Boyer, executive director of the non-profit National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR). "And with predators, you can lose a lot of evidence that way."

Fox told CNN the tropical conditions "are among the harshest on forensic evidence."

[...]

Fox said the only way Laundrie will be able to continue evading police is if he's "absolutely perfect" in hiding.

"In other words, he has to be perfect and make zero mistakes. Law enforcement, to be able to find him, they either have to find one clue or catch one mistake he made and that could blow the whole case open," she said.

[...]

Snipped by me so this is interesting fodder. If they're so worried, why not help the helpers?? I hadn't seen this confirmed before. Thanks.
im sure they didnt supply that team with a scent article cause isnt that the voluntary team that went with DTBH, if so everyone knows they didnt supply them with anything, they called the cops on Dog when he knocked on their door so no they didnt give them anything but im sure FBI has lots of scent articles, they spent 6 hours searching that house and surrounding areas, something of Brians was surely in that house cause he lived there!

J.B. Biunno on Twitter
#CassieLaundrie Interview Update:@GMA
has restored the link & published a *modified* video report of the original Cassie Laundrie story, and they removed this specific line by the reporter: “she hasn’t spoken to her brother since he returned to his home in Florida.” (Thread )
8:54 AM · Oct 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

J.B. Biunno on Twitter
Link below. You’ll notice that @ABC
has removed the written article but writes in the video caption, “Editor’s note: This story has been updated with additional quotes.” Link: Sister of missing woman’s boyfriend speaks out amid search | GMA (goodmorningamerica.com)
8:55 AM · Oct 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Jossie Carbonare WPBF25 on Twitter
In an updated & marked edited “with additional quotes” @GMA
interview exchange w/ #CassieLaundrie, #BrianLaundrie’s sister, the reporter is heard asking the full Q before Cassie answers: “As his sister what’s the oddest thing about all of this if you had to …”

Her answer
FAschdtXEAUSdeP

8:33 AM · Oct 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Brian Entin on Twitter (Video)
Why hasn’t Brian Laundrie been charged with a more serious crime? “I think it’s coming.” – Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg says. He also explains why the full autopsy report hasn’t been released. And what would it take for Brian’s parents to be charged?
9:33 AM · Oct 2, 2021·Twitter Media Studio

J.B. Biunno on Twitter
For Saturday & Sunday: We’re in Standby Mode on #WFLANow for any significant developments in the #GabbyPetito #BrianLaundrie story. If something happens, we’re back live across all platforms. In the meantime, the latest is on @WFLA

Brian Laundrie’s sister saw him twice after return to Florida, was at Fort De Soto with family: attorney | WFLA

10:19 AM · Oct 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member