Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its pretty weird that DTBH would say that yet be searching for him on islands off the shore of Florida. Its almost as if DTBH doesn't really have a solid clue but is throwing darts at a board.

Nah, that man knows what he's looking for. I'm not 100% BL is on the AT either. However, I don't know anything about hiking or anything like that it's just a gut feeling for me. The first thing BL did was head right home to his parents. He's going to hide somewhere familiar. JMO.

I think even with sufficient supplies, the psychological pressure on him at this stage would be enough to warrant strange behaviour.

What I'm curious about though, is if he has a mode of transport, why isn't he further away than where he was reported as sighted by this witness? I'd consider that area to be far more risky than somewhere like Maine or Washington, for example.

Then again, we can't assume he's had transport the whole duration of his time on the run. Maybe he "acquired" it the past 24hrs near to his current location after he'd hiked to there on foot.

Does anyone know how long it would take to walk from North Port FL to the border of TN/NC?

Also, I'd hope that LE would be checking recent reports of that vehicle type being bought - or stolen - within say a 100 mile radius of where he's been spotted to see if there is CCTV footage for a positive ID of BL.

MOO
Only part of that is the AT. The AT starts 600+ miles by road from North Port. Rough rule of thumb is 100 miles per week on the AT, but that would be a seasoned thruhiker. BL is not the least bit seasoned. A fast thruhiker can put in more miles than that, but you have to weigh off the risk of injury and distance. It's not unusual for some thruhikers to do 20+ miles a day, but then take days off; this is not something you can generally do in the first several hundred miles. You have to work up to it.

Snipped for focus.
Several ways:
1. Get someone to drive the car, drop you off and pick you up. Some people hike the whole AT this way. I did this for a few days; it was such a luxury. Another hiker's spouse did the driving. The hiker hiked this way for the entire trip. Almost always a light day pack, not an overnight pack. How I wished...
2. Park your car, hitchhike to a starting point, and then hike to your car. I have done this.
3. Get someone to shuttle you. Or pay someone to shuttle the car. I have done this.
4. Park, stay at a hostel, and have the hostel owner "slack you". They take you to a trail point (just a daypack, no overnight stuff) and you hike to the hostel. I have done this.

Interesting scenarios. In at least two of these options, there would be another person along with Mr. Davis, so if that’s the case I’d like to hear from the potential other witness.

I am operating on the working theory that Gabbys death was up close, and personal. She was in his way.. I think she , finally, took the car from him, having somehow wrestled the keys off him, but her kind heart and good nature made her go back for him, and that was her death sentence, she would never, never be allowed to put him that position again.

If someone else put him in that situation, sure. To the Brians of this world, people are useful, or not useful. Not much in between.

Edit. I meant to underline that he would be an extreme danger to women, women who pick him up, or stop to help him change a tyre, or give directions.,. men would be somewhat safe... not guaranteed, but generally speaing.
I'm not gonna buy any heat of passion scenario either and this is MOO. Too many witnesses on too many days reporting too many issues. Moonflower, Victor ID, Merry Piglets. All previously cited and linked on these threads. This seems to have been ongoing and building. MOO

Last edited:
They seem to be focused on the Carlton Reserve, but I just can't see how BL could have survived there this long. Jmo

If BL is deceased somewhere at Carlton Reserve, I think the FBI will still want to find him. So that they can rule out that he is alive anywhere else.

They evidently must have some pretty strong data/evidence that points to Carlton Reserve.

If BL is deceased somewhere at Carlton Reserve, I think the FBI will still want to find him. So that they can rule out that he is alive anywhere else.

They obviously have some pretty strong data that points to Carlton Reserve.
Absolutely they would. But someone on this forum stated that in a tropical and wet climate, All that would remain after 5 to 7 days would be a skeleton. Not to mention critters scattering bones.

I am not a Tik Toker so I don't know how to link it. Since it is their account I know it's permitted (it's been linked multiple times), but there is a video, 3rd row down, 1st video, him at home (yellow house in back) Zodiac novel on table. Page 103 or something. TikTok
He was studying up on it? Wow...wonder how many copies of that book were sold? Hopefully, not many...

Absolutely they would. But someone on this forum stated that in a tropical and wet climate, All that would remain after 5 to 7 days would be a skeleton. Not to mention critters scattering bones.

Yes ... that still wouldn't rule out looking for him there, dead or alive. If their evidence of that is very strong.
It would just mean that the task is of the utmost urgency (as was pointed out in the referenced article). Any bone(s) or artifact that turned out to be his would help.

He's a great manipulator of people and uses rat running. His family have probably always enabled him.

"Hey mom, let's call the whole family to De Soto and we'll try and figure out what to do next".

Cassie in particular will no doubt be facing an aiding and abetting charge, and the proof is there on video for everyone to see. Even Bertolino made up a lame excuse for why she made a false statement. SHE LIED and there's no way she can get out of that.

If BL is going north along the Appalachian Trail but wants to go to California, that guy should have told him to turn left at the next intersection, LOL. ;) Sorry, I am not taking this new sighting seriously. Did the guy get a license number of that truck? The New York Post didn't mention that.

I am not a Tik Toker so I don't know how to link it. Since it is their account I know it's permitted (it's been linked multiple times), but there is a video, 3rd row down, 1st video, him at home (yellow house in back) Zodiac novel on table. Page 103 or something. TikTok

Umm, Would GP be the person reading that book in that video?

im flabbergasted, I dont know what to think of this new story coming out. 1. i dont think Brian would tell anyone where he as headed, i really dont think he would talk to anyone at all, thats a hell of a chance to take when your Americas most wanted and know that your face is everywhere and has been for weeks , i dont think i believe it was BL.

Yes ... that still wouldn't rule out looking for him there, dead or alive. If their evidence of that is very strong.
It would just mean that the task is of the utmost urgency (as was pointed out in the referenced article). Any bone(s) or artifact that turned out to be his would help.
Can they identify an individual from bones? I guess from DNA. I know from dental records they can.

From the article. If it really happened, the man in the bandana seemed to want to avoid main interestates:

The man believed to be Laundrie pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.
Since BL likely can't read paper maps (this takes acuity, patience, and will) because he's always used GPS, and may not have a phone, this may indeed be BL.
Who, for gosh sake, would ask for backroad directions all the way to CA from TN? Someone who doesn't know where different states are located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay