Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It always seems like directions on a phone or on our car's GPS automatically favor interstates/freeways. I've often thought that I would love a back roads option. Not for nefarious doings, but to see more interesting sights without figuring out what smaller roads are near the interstate.
Many GPS systems allow you to Avoid Highways, etc.

Josh Benson from WFLA posted screenshots from a FaceTime call with DTBH. You can see those here. It looks like they may have found something? Idk. May or may not be related to BL. You can see in those screenshots it looks like some kinda roof-ish? Not sure. Like I said…may or may not be related to BL…But seems odd to have a makeshift hut thing in the woods lol (IMO that’s what it looks like in the screenshots in the post). Pure speculation as to what that is Bc I’m not sure from those screenshots. I’ve found some more pictures of what’s in the background of those screenshots…just waiting on admin approval to post them.

ETA: added some clarity.

If you walk in the woods very much you will see many temporary shelters out there. Some people build for fun like building a play fort when you were a kid. Some are built by boy scout types working on badges, some by survivalist practicing skills, some by the many "homeless" people that live in our national forests. Its not an odd site.

It would take Mr Davis all night to answer that question.. ... they'd both still be there the next day.
I believe a person that is exhausted, lack of food, desperate to make his way in the dark might behave this way. Why say he had a fight with his girlfriend. ... People weave in half truths all the time. If you had to live with killing your fiance, then be on the run, would you not expect to become a little psychotic under those conditions.

He was studying up on it? Wow...wonder how many copies of that book were sold? Hopefully, not many...
Oh, I don't know that. I just happened to notice it after the link to their acct was posted by another member last thread.

I believe a person that is exhausted, lack of food, desperate to make his way in the dark might behave this way. Why say he had a fight with his girlfriend. ... People weave in half truths all the time. If you had to live with killing your fiance, then be on the run, would you not expect to become a little psychotic under those conditions.
Just dehydration alone causes mental confusion. He may also have medication that he was taking and can not get now. I don't know, but many things can be the cause of such behavior. Jmo

"The man believed to be Laundrie pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads…”
Sounds like the guy was looking for the Trans America Trail (look it up on Wikipedia). The TAT crosses the AT somewhere in North Carolina I believe.
Thanks for sharing that. Trans America Trail does not end in CA. It is mostly off-road for bicycles & ATVs not hikers. Interesting thought but not sure it fits this perp.
JMHO

If you walk in the woods very much you will see many temporary shelters out there. Some people build for fun like building a play fort when you were a kid. Some are built by boy scout types working on badges, some by survivalist practicing skills, some by the many "homeless" people that live in our national forests. Its not an odd site.
I said it may or may not be related… Also. Those photos are bad quality bc of the bad signal. But that’s the best I can post. I can’t post the actual pictures of it until it’s approved by an admin.

ETA: if you want to see the other photos, you can PM me. I just wanna wait till an admin says yes or no before I post it here.

"The man believed to be Laundrie pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads…”
Sounds like the guy was looking for the Trans America Trail (look it up on Wikipedia). The TAT crosses the AT somewhere in North Carolina I believe.
Hmm, looks like that trail is mostly for motorcycles and he would need maps to stay on it. It's very twisty and windy, and if he is up near the AP Trail he needs to head into Tennessee near Murphy which unfortunately would take him close to where I live, eek. Here's a YT video showing some road conditions.

Also, couldn't being alone for days on end contribute to anxiety and perhaps unusual behavior?
Yes, and the stress of being the most hunted man in the country would make anyone break, imo. I just can not imagine living in fear like that. I would prefer prison. Jmo

Trans America Trail does not end in CA.
JMHO
As Wikipedia explains, a new “branch” of the TAT was mapped out that DOES end in California. And Jeeps and other high-clearance vehicles go on the TAT too. And the Laundrie lookalike was in a vehicle, Mr. Davis said. Not hiking.

TAT not generating for me Edit saw it another map. Not google maps though (I was trying to search between TAT and Waterville Rd.)

I am not a Tik Toker so I don't know how to link it. Since it is their account I know it's permitted (it's been linked multiple times), but there is a video, 3rd row down, 1st video, him at home (yellow house in back) Zodiac novel on table. Page 103 or something. TikTok
I was just watching the tiktok, I am in no means an expert on it, but the 4th from the last video, Brian rescues a water bottle out of the creek, but it appears that he them throws it to the side, after the “rescue”. I know some people are very passionate about not using water bottles and plastic, which it would appear to be him in Moab, and I completely respect that, but why would you remove it from the creek and throw it to the side? I watched it several times, it just looks to me like he retrieved it from the creek and then chucked it onto the path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member