Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito’s mother tells Brian Laundrie ‘Turn yourself in!’ as she joins Twitter, tweets for the first time

Gabby Petito’s mother joined Twitter on Saturday, where she called for justice for her late daughter and demanded that Brian Laundrie turn himself in.

Mama bear is getting angry!,” Nichole Schmidt wrote in her first-ever tweet.

“Turn yourself in!”
she added in the tweet, which included a swearing, angry-red-face emoji.

Schmidt also said that Joseph Petito, her ex-husband and Petito’s father, “agrees” with her sentiment. She added the hashtags “#justiceforgabby” and “#americasdaughter.”

Maybe she will join WEBSLEUTHS too.

So if Brian had been spotted in Boone, NC and is now spotted in around Cosby TN, that's about a 3 hour drive. But I'm not sure where he would have gotten a truck. I suppose it would make sense as to why his parents picked up his car instead of leaving it there for him at the Carlton Reserve.

Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail
(Sighting hasn’t been confirmed at this time)
To Note:
•Dennis Davis, a Florida engineer is adamant he spoke with Brian Laundrie on a deserted road near the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina on Saturday morning.
•A lost and dazed man allegedly waved down Davis on Waterville Road, where the Appalachian Trail runs nearby the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.
•the man pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.
Despite the road being dark, Davis said the headlights from both idle cars were sufficient to see the man at such close range.

…..
•Davis is frustrated three calls to the FBI and 911 calls in both North Carolina and Tennessee have not been returned by law enforcement.
•“Law enforcement is probably getting millions of leads on this guy, but I am not some goofball out there doing drugs in the middle of the night, I am a highly educated professional.

This sounds like something…. If BL is on the AT he would definitely be appearing dazed and confused by now with no food etc. Why are LE not listening to this guy?

Not who you were directing your question to, but if those were bullet holes, it would have to be an awfully big gun IMO

If it is bullet holes, the crime scene investigators would have dug the bullet out, right? That would make the holes bigger? Idk anything about guns/bullets so I am just asking if anyone knows.

Purely speculative: What if the markers were just spots where they had luminol hits? Like they already got a sample/swab from each area. We saw the number 16, correct? So many possible spots. And they then sprayed bright markers over those places (after evidence gathering, of course) to paint a picture of movement, to gain a more wholistic idea of what may have happened at the crime scene. If, for example she was being beaten and tried to flee from her attacker. The numbered bright spots might make the pattern visually easier to discern to the naked eye? Apparently the coroner returned to the scene for a 2nd day. So maybe he was reconstructing the events to see how it would match with what he found forensically on the body, before he made his determination of homicide.

Maybe after, but not now. I couldn't read this now if I was going through what she is. MOO. I wouldn't be able to handle it. My heart goes out to this family.

Was just thinking the same. I love this place but if something happened to my loved one I’d maybe say hello and thanks for any sleuthing efforts but I wouldn’t be reading. It would be lovely to get the opportunity to offer condolences but in many ways I hope she isn’t here.

If the image is what I think you're talking about, dead trees get bored out by bugs and woodpeckers.
Yes take a look at the pics. they are marked in very specific spots.

And, note the rock - away from where she was found, by the water, where the second stone cross would ultimately be formed. They marked evidence in 2 locations here. MOO

Last edited:
To Note:
•Dennis Davis, a Florida engineer is adamant he spoke with Brian Laundrie on a deserted road near the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina on Saturday morning.
•A lost and dazed man allegedly waved down Davis on Waterville Road, where the Appalachian Trail runs nearby the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.
•the man pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.
Despite the road being dark, Davis said the headlights from both idle cars were sufficient to see the man at such close range.

…..
•Davis is frustrated three calls to the FBI and 911 calls in both North Carolina and Tennessee have not been returned by law enforcement.
•“Law enforcement is probably getting millions of leads on this guy, but I am not some goofball out there doing drugs in the middle of the night, I am a highly educated professional.
Extremely interesting!!!

To Note:

…..

I don’t think it would be logical to take back roads from Florida to California via North Carolina or Tennessee. That is assuming he left from Florida. Also wonder where he would have gotten the car.

This sounds like something…. If BL is on the AT he would definitely be appearing dazed and confused by now with no food etc. Why are LE not listening to this guy?

<mod add - Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail >

“There is no doubt in my mind I spoke to Brian Laundrie — none whatsoever,” Davis, 53, said.

“Dog the Bounty Hunter’s daughter sent me an audio file of Brian’s voice and the voice was the same I heard.”

A lost and dazed man allegedly waved down Davis on Waterville Road, where the Appalachian Trail runs nearby the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.

The man believed to be Laundrie pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.

He said ‘man, I’m lost.’ I said ‘what are you trying to find?’ and he said ‘me and my girlfriend got in a fight but she called me, told me she loves me, and I have to get to California to see her.’

“I said ‘well, I-40 is right there and you could take it west to California’ and he said, ‘I’m just going to take this road into California’.

“He was worried and not making sense.”

………

“Obviously, as a father with a daughter, I want to do whatever I can to help the family find closure and get this guy off the streets,” he said.

“Law enforcement is probably getting millions of leads on this guy, but I am not some goofball out there doing drugs in the middle of the night, I am a highly educated professional.”

Last edited by a moderator:
To Note:

…..
This is why ppl call Dog & why it is good he’s on this case. If the big guns are too slow on the draw, turn to MSM or DTBH! Just say’n.

So if Brian had been spotted in Boone, NC and is now spotted in around Cosby TN, that's about a 3 hour drive. But I'm not sure where he would have gotten a truck. I suppose it would make sense as to why his parents picked up his car instead of leaving it there for him at the Carlton Reserve.
I missed the TN. I've been dipping in and out. I have to go google this.

If it is bullet holes, the crime scene investigators would have dug the bullet out, right? That would make the holes bigger? Idk anything about guns/bullets so I am just asking if anyone knows.
Not sure they would have dug the bullets out. Remove a chunk of wood maybe and take it to the lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote