Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, that man knows what he's looking for. I'm not 100% BL is on the AT either. However, I don't know anything about hiking or anything like that it's just a gut feeling for me. The first thing BL did was head right home to his parents. He's going to hide somewhere familiar. JMO.
Hmmmm, good point, @whiterhino -- he can't be too far away from his folks -- he needs food/drink, clean clothes and now a light jacket perhaps, blanket, bug spray, fruit, sandwich makings thus a cooler & ice perhaps, toothpaste, soap, socks, you name it. He can't chance going into a Target or Walmart or supermarket, now can he -- unless he's well-disguised? But he still needs money, too, just in case.

Is he having a good time? How many bananas, PB&J's, sardines, beenie-weenies, and beef jerky can one man stand? Pitiful, just pitiful, the poor guy. But, hey, he's a hiker...

I'm not allowed to say what I really think on here about the murder itself and events leading up to it, so you'll have to make do without my extremely interesting theories on that. Suffice to say they differ markedly from the general opinion on here which I see is increasingly driven by emotion rather than unpleasant reason.

I will say that I don't believe BL is hiking the Appalachian trail where people brush past each other on narrow paths and everyone looks into each other's eyes in case they might be alone in the wilderness with a psycho.
I think the choice of the Carlton reserve was significant though, to instill the idea that a) he might kill himself there out of despair, and b) that in doing so his body would almost certainly never be found. That might deflect the pursuit sufficient to give him time to come up with a plan. Therefore I doubt he ever went into the Carlton reserve.

I think he was giving himself a bit of time to see his family one last time and sort out some of his affairs before disappearing/killing himself, though if the latter, one might suppose he would do so in the comfort of his home rather than in a pestilential bog. Everything has certainly gone very wrong for him and as I suspect he is/was a perfectionist I'm sure that situation is/was causing him agony. The life-force will drain eventually, and I would be quite surprised if he hasn't already killed himself, and if he has, then I suspect he would be clever enough to ensure that his body would never be found, thereby leaving a legacy of mystery for ever, which would be an appealing option to anyone who has absolutely nothing left to live for.

But don't you think parents would not allow that to happen. Better to have him alive and in jail where they can at least visit him, than have him dead. If they thought he was going to kill himself, I would think they would be calling press conferences and out begging for him to give himself up. MOO

That's a very good point! If BL switched to a motorcycle and helmet he would be unrecognizable and fit right in along the TN-NC border. There's a huge motorcycling community of all ages that rides up there every weekend (look up videos about "Riding the Dragon" and the Cherohala Skyway over the mountains). And they all help each other and can be almost anonymous if they use nicknames. They probably wouldn't camp out in the woods but they might help him find a camping place or give him directions, food, or money.
Oh my! Those places you mentioned are places my grandson posted pictures of today. He and a friend were riding on a Slingshot. I've been trying to determine the location of I 40 and Waterville Rd. But since you mentioned it in your post, I know where they are now. Talking about Cherohala Skyway and Dragon Trail. I'll pass this on to him so they can be aware of the new siteing. Not far from Pigeon Forge. And the National Park there is full of people and bears!! :eek::eek:

I believe a person that is exhausted, lack of food, desperate to make his way in the dark might behave this way. Why say he had a fight with his girlfriend. ... People weave in half truths all the time. If you had to live with killing your fiance, then be on the run, would you not expect to become a little psychotic under those conditions.

~Exactly.

I just thought of something.

what if BL is communicating with his family on a hiking message board via direct messaging?

Please post your thoughts to me quoting my post, that way I will see it. These threads go so fast it would be impossible for me to see your response when time passes.

Also, do not be afraid to put laughing emojis in your response if you think it is far fetched, I have a great sense of humor and will not be offended at all.

How dangerous does everyone think he really is to others? Of course he was a danger to poor Gabby, but do you feel he would hurt someone else?

This post contains only my opinion based upon his SM accts, the Moab incident and the murder of a sweetheart, Gabby. Although, he calls her his sidekick though. JMHOO

I have no doubts he either already has killed others or possesses the propensity to kill anyone for any reason or no reason at all.

His SM tells a violent story from a depraved mind. His malevolent artwork is quite hostile and vindictive.

* * Both of the news articles linked are graphic in nature so please do not view them if you are sensitive to deep, dark concepts.

Brian Laundrie: The dark themes that permeate person of interest’s digital footprint

Brian Laundrie alleged cryptic messages on Pinterest

My husband thinks it's more than odd that so many women are fascinated by true crime. He really doesn't like me following murder cases and thinks I have a problem. :D

It's very simple, in my opinion.

We suck up true crime to learn as much as we can about how not to get murdered and stuff.

Men are much less likely to get murdered unless they're involved in crime and stuff.

I don't think either BL or any of his enablers expected things to take the turn they have. I think they thought they had a plan and it would work. The level of scrutiny they are under now would make any communication or support almost impossible and that means they're all flying by the seat of their collective pants. If he is still alive I don't think he can manage on his own much longer.

I know it's very easy to get caught up on the emotions of what's happened, but if you believe Brian has no soul, why do you think Gabby was with him for so long? What you are saying is that she was a poor judge of character? Somehow, I don't believe that.
I have thought this myself. It's really kind of insulting to GP I think. She obviously loved him...at least at one time. I just can't imagine.

Nah, that man knows what he's looking for. I'm not 100% BL is on the AT either. However, I don't know anything about hiking or anything like that it's just a gut feeling for me. The first thing BL did was head right home to his parents. He's going to hide somewhere familiar. JMO.
That's my best guess as well, but I am opening my mind to other possibilities. The thing is, I don't understand why they are so relentlessly searching the Reserve, based on everyone's description of the conditions there. That seems like the last place I'd like to hide or go on the run. It would be the last place I would imagine someone to go to commit suicide as well. (But people do some strange things.) I see him somewhere cozy, and not so open; maybe he's in a little hunting cabin or abandoned building. We tossed around the idea that he may be kayaking the other day. I haven't ruled that out, either. MOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

In any event, as others have noted, if the person encountered by Mr. Davis early this morning was BL, he was either out of touch with reality or working on a strange alibi. If it was him, he wasn't playing with a full deck, and I doubt he'll make it very far. Though I guess we should be careful not to underestimate him... As usual, I hope they find him soon, wherever he is!

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
While of course I hope the guy was BL and that he's captured soon, I also feel a bit skeptical, more of whoever was in the pickup truck than of the guy who reported it.

As for how the engineer could simultaneously be hiking the Appalachian Trail and apparently in a vehicle, there are some possible explanations. He could have been driving either to or from a trailhead. He could have been hiking on the trail but not hiking the whole thing or a large segment, and for that reason, he could have been based in a particular location that he reached by vehicle and doing day hikes from there.

Like others here, I hope other media outlets pick up the story and get more details, and that LE/the FBI investigate as well.

Finally, if the guy really is BL, as far as I am concerned he is not welcome here in California.

JMO

There also people now who almost never sleep on the trail, they just leave vehicles at trail crossings. Usually they are doing it with someone who isn't hiking though.

But don't you think parents would not allow that to happen. Better to have him alive and in jail where they can at least visit him, than have him dead. If they thought he was going to kill himself, I would think they would be calling press conferences and out begging for him to give himself up. MOO
I thought so initially, but now I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay