Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“We believe you know the location where Brian left Gabby.”

Family of missing Gabby Petito writes this letter to the parents of her fiancé Brian Laundrie one day after @NorthPortPolice name him a person of interest in her disappearance.

8.wfla.com/3ze0Uxr #FindGabby
AA6C3273-AC68-4852-B600-7AAA193197F9.jpeg

https://twitter.com/wflajustin/status/1438664240068448256?s=21

Except that he can't say huh, never saw them in my life because there was incident directly outside the shop that one of them worked at. He seems intelligent enough to know that there would be some kind of trace of any interaction he had with them.

Are you
I share your confusion -- but then the text on the 30th "no service in yosemite"

There's a lot of confusion about whether the text said "Yosemite" or "Yellowstone." I haven't been able to get to the source reporting of this text - much less the text itself.

Wherever it was supposed to have come from, I took it as an indication that the sender would supposedly be out of range for a few days; I do that all the time when hiking where there's no cell reception.

And we don't know who actually sent it. I hope LE does by now.

Hi, thanks for letting us know. We're not all up-to-date on the latest forest fires. Given that there's been much talk about Yosemite in the last hours, it's not absurd to show interest in flight activity in that area. Not really in the mood to "take a break" though.

Understand, but it helps your analytic abilities by stopping these runaway wild hare ideas that take up 5 pages of responses before they are dismissed

I noticed that GP almost uses emojis in her Instagram Posts; she stays positive and does not ramble in her writing. I see a distinct change in the most recent posts. The posts are more negative and ramble on. These latter posts look more like the BL style of writing he uses on social media. Just a thought...what do you guys think?

Gabby admitted to punching BL's arm just before the curb stop. It's interesting, though, because BL was going 45 in a 15 mile zone (30 miles over) and refusing to pull over for the cop immediately. It's conceivable that she was trying to get him to stop and was scared that he was refusing and speeding.

My own personal experiences with DV might be coloring my perspective, though, because this was a tactic my former abuser used: deliberately speeding and swerving dangerously to scare me into compliance, ordering me to keep watch out for police cars and then blaming me when he did get a ticket.

I get this idea, but just because he's innocent of murder doesn't mean he's "innocent" per se. My guess is he did something that he thinks makes him responsible for the current situation and a lawyer has advised him to keep his mouth shut, even if it IS as simple as "she wanted to stay somewhere and told me to leave and bring the van home."

That, or there was an accident and he panicked and now he's screwed because of the way he's behaved.

ETA: MOO MOO MOO

All of the theories that say she told him to leave and take the van make zero sense to me. Why would she give up her van to him, giving up her transportation in the process? Makes no sense.

Also makes no sense - that he never wore shoes and somehow he could be in a coffee shop for six hours without shoes on. Maybe that's OK in Moab but it's not commonly OK at all. And BL told the cops he could not stop being dirty - OK, but why? What is wrong with a person who thinks it's fine to walk around filthy all the time and embarrass your girlfriend with your filthiness when you know it bothers her? Total disregard for her feelings.

Indicates something, not sure what. But I don't see any scenario where she gives him her van.

According to the body cam footage, Gabby's manic state had begun in the morning and was still in full swing when the police pulled them over.

Snipped for clarity.

As someone with bipolar I take exception to describing Gabby as being in a 'manic state'.

She was upset as she'd thought her fiancée was going to leave her hundreds of miles from home, then he hadn't stopped for the police and instead had tried to speed away from them. She made perfect sense speech wise and was reasonably upset,but nowhere remotely like manic. In fact she calmed down very quickly, despite the police man speaking about domestic violence.

It is not about making people feel better, it is about finding Gabby. If he does not know then say so through an attorney.He needs to at least tell where he last saw her.

If he is innocent of harming her, he could tell where, and in what circumstances, he last saw her. It not only would help tremendously in the search for her, but it might help him immensely. (He’s young, and if he didn’t harm her, it’d be a shame for him to go through life with people thinking he’s a murderer. And finding her, if he’s innocent of harming her, might go a long way toward exonerating him. Not to mention that it’d be the right thing to do—a concept that doesn’t really seem to be part of his family’s thinking.)

When I watched the Police cam the cop noticed a big scratch on BL’s hand. He was facing the Cop and it would have been his left hand. How would Gabby scratch him that hard to get him to stop while he isn’t pulling over for the Cop since his left hand is by the driver side door? She isn’t that tall? I wish the Police would have taken her to an ER for an evaluation and him also! His scratches would have been pictured!

According to reports, she lunged in through the driver's window and can be seen crawling over BL to the passenger side.

(I need to watch - but that's what people have been posting here).

It seems pretty clear to me that they broke up by August 17, if not sooner.

Five days after the altercation, Brian flew home to Florida to move her (or joint) possessions from a storage unit, leaving her in a Salt Lake City hotel, returning six days later.

In the altercation, she was the aggressor - or at least the one who struck and left scratches. The reports suggest that he withdrew from the argument because it was getting too heated - first backing off and then getting in the van. It sounds like something like this had happened before, and this was a learned (or counseling-educated) strategy to de-escalate the situation. She had serious anxiety issues and, apparently, abandonment issues, so his withdrawal might have terrified her; after all, that was a stated cause of the altercation. Perhaps he did overpower her or abuse her at some point, but there's no evidence of that other than what we know about how these things often go.

Five days later, he flew to Florida and then back again six days later. In the interim, her father reportedly ordered Uber Eats "for the couple" in the hotel where she was staying; did Dad not know that Brian had flown back home? Did she not want to admit that they were broken up? (Or is my reference mistaken?)

All of this looks like a negotiated breakup - to this point, anyway. He flew back either to help her drive home (or drive on, if they made up), or possibly to drive the van home alone while she flew home - or somewhere else - alone: the hotel where she was staying served the airport.

I don't think things look good for her, but there is a possibility that she gave him the van to drive home and went somewhere else herself.

In a completely different scenario, probably mutually exclusive to the one above, I'm really intrigued that their altercation took place at the Moonflower Food Co-op, which is where Kylen Schulte (one of the murdered newlyweds) worked. Both couples were living in their vehicles, possibly in the same place if they encountered each other at the Moonflower. Perhaps Gabby and Brian encountered the newlyweds while dispersed camping, and were told that Moonflower was THE place to get the beautiful food in their video.

At a minimum, they would KNOW about the same places for distributed camping. That might implicate either Gabby or Brian, but if the two mysteries are connected, I lean towards a third party with some kind of a mutual connection, either from the Moonflower or from camping.

There are definitely some things LE is keeping to themselves, doubtless with good reason: cell phone ping records, gas receipts, CCTV.

Finally, WHY Yosemite in the last text supposedly from Gabby to her mother? I'm trying to figure out how that would fit with either "Gabby goes on alone" scenario OR as an attempt to obscure where she really was if she'd been abandoned.

I agree with a lot of what you said - but not about the dispersed (not distributed) camping.

Gabby and Brian are intercepted by police during daylight hours. The other couple hasn't even gone to the bar yet - they will leave at around 8:30pm and we know that Kylen and Crystal didn't leave the bar until around then - and they head south of Moab, not north. South and east, through Spanish Village and off to their "dispersed" camping site (which has no address).

Kylen and Crystal head back to their (longeterm) campsite 16-17 miles southeast of Moab. Gabby and Brian are on video around 5 pm headed north of Moab and spend more than 2 hours with police. Kylen and Crystal are still in Moab at that time.

Kylen and Crystal do not have a regular address - almost no one knows where they are, which is why it takes their friends until the 18th to find them. They are not in a campground. They are out on "the land," van-lifing.

Meanwhile, Brian is taken to Moab for the night while Gabby drives into Arches (25 miles or so from where Kylen and Crystal are camping).

Brian has no known transportation; presumably Gabby picks him up the next morning (they both have phones), they head back through Arches. Gabby hasn't disappeared yet.

They make it to Salt Lake City. The power outage is on August 20. Brian apparently leaves for FL on the 20th and comes back...on the 24th? Because Gabby calls her mother from miles north of SLC on the 24th or 25th. Last communication.

Here is a very enlightening Youtube video by an attorney and a police detective that explains quite clearly why people should never talk to the police. I believe it was an educational seminal in Norfolk, Virginia, sponsored by the Virginian Pilot newspaper and the Regent University School of Law. It may answer a lot of folks questions on why people should never speak to the police (unless reporting a crime).

I disagree. But I understand why lawyers say it. I would never follow such advice in a situation like this - I'd look for a different lawyer, who could help me find my loved one (which is all that would matter to me).

But then, I work with both prosecution and defense, police and suspects. This new "iron-clad" rule in the US about not talking to police benefits only criminals, IMO.

This has probably already been discussed, but it's going so fast I can't get caught up.

Does anybody know what coffee shop GP and BL were at prior to their domestic? BL states they were at the coffee shop from 9am to 3pm that day. I'm wondering if that is that same coffee shop one of the other married gals worked at.

BL talks about it at @13:40 below.

Gabby Petito pal suspicious of phone call before she went missing

A friend of Gabby Petito said the two were supposed to meet at Yosemite National Park — but she never heard from the Long Island woman, who has since disappeared.

Petito, 22, was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yosemite and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down the specifics, The Sun reported.

But the friend never heard from Petito and is puzzled the Blue Point native would instead text her mom the next day that she was in Yosemite — 800 miles from her last known location at Grand Tetons National Park in Wyoming.

Everyone is getting Yosemite and Yellowstone confused and has a life of it's own now. I did that as well as others in the Vallow/Daybell thread.

the weird thing I felt was that BL admitted grabbing her face yet there seemed to be no consideration of the possibility the scratches were defensive to get his hands off her
Exactly what went through my mind: If someone is grabbing or choking you, it’s a natural reaction to reach out and scratch them to get them to let go. I had a friend who scratched and bit her boyfriend very hard to get him to let go of her neck.

When I watched the Police cam the cop noticed a big scratch on BL’s hand. He was facing the Cop and it would have been his left hand. How would Gabby scratch him that hard to get him to stop while he isn’t pulling over for the Cop since his left hand is by the driver side door? She isn’t that tall? I wish the Police would have taken her to an ER for an evaluation and him also! His scratches would have been pictured!

I wish this also. In hindsight, it appears the Moab Police blew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro