Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you say you want Gabby to be found and you love her while continuing to remain silent. Those two things couldn't be farther from each other. Now that BL's sister has spoken out, I wonder if it's only a matter of time before someone in the family talks.

BL and his whole family are 100% getting dragged through the mud in the court of public opinion right now. BL has no way out at this point; even if he somehow is entirely innocent of anything, his life is ruined. He just needs to do the right thing and talk to LE.
It really makes perfect sense.
He is guilty in your eyes regardless. So what happens if he talks.

The police go through every effort to get him to contradict himself. The minute he does that, he is now guilty of lying to the police. If she walked out of him and he thought she was safe from the 24th until the 11th, nothing good can come from talking. It will only make you look worst and the police will get you to slip up.

The mom gets an text from her daughters phone on August 1st, easily traced to Yosemite. The van and BL was back in Florida on the 1st.

He would have to drove the van back to florida. Caught a plane back to California, then traveled to Yosemite to send one message, hope a plane back to florida.

That is the problem with this case. He could not drive that distance in 24 hours. He could not really fly that distance in 24 hours.

If the texts on the 24th and the 30th are from GP's phone , then BL could not have been
evolved. If those messages where sent those message were sent from anywhere, lets say texas and florida, BL would be in hand cuffs and arrested.

Amen to that

Brian is not just a full grown adult man but he appears aimless and unemployed and had no prospects. What did he do for a living? What was his goal? If Gabby told police BL didn't feel she'd be successful at her blogging venture with VanLife, then what was his goal, just ride around with his girlfriend in her van? That's hardly a career. He didn't seem to have any life goals other than his opinions on Instagram. If I was being ungenerous which is how I'm feeling towards him right now I'd describe him as a "bum" with no talents other than stealing other peoples' artwork, which is what his artwork is. I'm an artist and it's not considered cool or honorable to just copy other peoples' artwork. So he's not even a good artist because he copies. What were his prospects, of any kind?

It's also my understanding that he didn't attend college. Was he going to live off Gabby and her work, was that his plan? All just IMO. But I don't see this guy as "normal" at all. He seems to be a moocher from the start, while Gabby has actual business and career plans with all of it. That could factor into his motives for whatever may have happened.

Same question. Sorry, I can’t keep up here... you guys are speedy as the Roadrunner! ;)
So... why was there a text allegedly from her to mom, saying, “no service in Yosemite”? Or, am I wrong about that? As I said, can’t keep up.
I didn’t think they made it that far, or did they?

Pings hopefully will show this

Hoping pinging will clarify where the phone was when that text was sent.

All of the theories that say she told him to leave and take the van make zero sense to me. Why would she give up her van to him, giving up her transportation in the process? Makes no sense.

Also makes no sense - that he never wore shoes and somehow he could be in a coffee shop for six hours without shoes on. Maybe that's OK in Moab but it's not commonly OK at all. And BL told the cops he could not stop being dirty - OK, but why? What is wrong with a person who thinks it's fine to walk around filthy all the time and embarrass your girlfriend with your filthiness when you know it bothers her? Total disregard for her feelings.

Indicates something, not sure what. But I don't see any scenario where she gives him her van.

I agree. All indications are that she was desperate to stay with the van and not be abandoned or left stranded. So much so that she physically fought him for possession of the keys and to get back into the van. Which is what got her in trouble with LE: panicking and trying not to be left behind.

Doesn't BL even mention that she didn't want to be left behind "again"? So just how many times has he locked her out and told her to walk the other way? How many times has she feared he was going to drive off and leave her in an unsafe situation?

MOO but there seems to be indicators of control issues on BL's part. Anyone else get that vibe? Gabby blaming herself and assuming the guilt for things escalating seems pretty text book too.

That bro-like fist bump with the cops, ugh.

As a DV survivor it has been tough to watch the body cam footage. I just see so much of the young me in how she was reacting, the state she was in.

Perhaps I'm not being fair to BL. Or perhaps I just know a passive aggressive abuser when I see one.

Are you

There's a lot of confusion about whether the text said "Yosemite" or "Yellowstone." I haven't been able to get to the source reporting of this text - much less the text itself.

Wherever it was supposed to have come from, I took it as an indication that the sender would supposedly be out of range for a few days; I do that all the time when hiking where there's no cell reception.

And we don't know who actually sent it. I hope LE does by now.

The source originally reporting this text was Gabby’s step-uncle Mike. He posted a timeline (handwritten on loose leaf) that the family had put together.

Is Fox News that has live updates ok to post? The reason I am asking is because it shows a picture of the entrance to Grand Teton that has a Guard house. Do we know if there are cameras at the entrance? Could they have seen the van leave with or without Gabby?

“We believe you know the location where Brian left Gabby.”

Family of missing Gabby Petito writes this letter to the parents of her fiancé Brian Laundrie one day after @NorthPortPolice name him a person of interest in her disappearance.

8.wfla.com/3ze0Uxr #FindGabby
View attachment 312847

https://twitter.com/wflajustin/status/1438664240068448256?s=21

This letter is truly heartbreaking. It reminds me of the pleas made by Lauren Spierer's parents to the males who were with Lauren the night of her disappearance. If I am remembering correctly, those letters didn't work unfortunately and I'm sadly doubting this letter to BL's family will either. But I'm very happy they sent it through their lawyer and that they seem to be doing absolutely everything they can to find Gabby. I pray she's found soon. All MOO.

I noticed that GP almost uses emojis in her Instagram Posts; she stays positive and does not ramble in her writing. I see a distinct change in the most recent posts. The posts are more negative and ramble on. These latter posts look more like the BL style of writing he uses on social media. Just a thought...what do you guys think?

Great point and I agree. MOO

I noticed that GP almost uses emojis in her Instagram Posts; she stays positive and does not ramble in her writing. I see a distinct change in the most recent posts. The posts are more negative and ramble on. These latter posts look more like the BL style of writing he uses on social media. Just a thought...what do you guys think?
This has been talked about in prior threads. Folks are with you on this for sure!

It really makes perfect sense.
He is guilty in your eyes regardless. So what happens if he talks.

The police go through every effort to get him to contradict himself. The minute he does that, he is now guilty of lying to the police. If she walked out of him and he thought she was safe from the 24th until the 11th, nothing good can come from talking. It will only make you look worst and the police will get you to slip up.

The mom gets an text from her daughters phone on August 1st, easily traced to Yosemite. The van and BL was back in Florida on the 1st.

He would have to drove the van back to florida. Caught a plane back to California, then traveled to Yosemite to send one message, hope a plane back to florida.

That is the problem with this case. He could not drive that distance in 24 hours. He could not really fly that distance in 24 hours.

If the texts on the 24th and the 30th are from GP's phone , then BL could not have been
evolved. If those messages where sent those message were sent from anywhere, lets say texas and florida, BL would be in hand cuffs and arrested.

We don't know that the text came from Yosemite (or Yellowstone, for that matter). It only claimed to in the text itself. I'm not aware of any information yet available about it actually being confirmed as traced there.

If this was someone YOU loved, your child/friend/lover/spouse, would you feel it was understandable and acceptable for the last person to have been with them to not take your frantic calls, not talk to the police, not help in any way simply because their lawyer told them not to? Imagine that. Really.

He has every ”right” to do so. But being outraged by it out of empathy and sympathy for GP’s family and friends seems like a normal human reaction and as long as they are not taking matters into their own hands and harassing them, they equally have the right to feel and express this outrage.

Legally everyone is innocent until proven guilty. But his own behavior makes him guilty of being a horrible person to GP’s loved ones by refusing to talk about what he knows of her last whereabouts and circumstances. Or offering hope. Or really anything at all.

This outrage is a very separate issue from what he may or may not be guilty of with regards to her disappearance.

As a member of a civilized society, beyond a certain age in childhood, one should be expected to understand that “if I don’t do anything, I can’t be guilty” no longer always applies. Yes, you are expected to care about your fellow humans in crisis out of decency. It doesn’t seem out of line to call on aberrant behavior and to insist: By all means, take the best lawyer with you to retain your rights. But for crying out loud, HELP.

Snipped for clarity.

As someone with bipolar I take exception to describing Gabby as being in a 'manic state'.

She was upset as she'd thought her fiancée was going to leave her hundreds of miles from home, then he hadn't stopped for the police and instead had tried to speed away from them. She made perfect sense speech wise and was reasonably upset,but nowhere remotely like manic. In fact she calmed down very quickly, despite the police man speaking about domestic violence.
Agreed.

The language of the LE report that was leaked yesterday greatly exaggerated the ordeal. Even a loose application of the word "manic" doesn't fit here. There was nothing manic about it. "Crying uncontrollably" wasn't close to accurate either. She was clearly very upset but there was no trouble understanding her and she did calm down. When I read the report, I thought for sure the bodycam footage was going to be even worse.

The monarch butterfly mural is apparently in Moab. The timelines that have been posted/linked say they were in Moab earlier than when this photo was posted. Also her hair is often up in the photos so that could be a factor.

It's Ogden Utah. I can keep the locations straight because I live in SLC. It would be confusing if I didn't have that advantage.

We need a really good map maker. Sadly I am not that person. Does anyone feel like volunteering? And God Bless you in advance if you do.

The thing went on for an hour. If I had to guess, I'd say it was before the midway point anyway.

But he did seem to have calmed down a lot by the time he was asked. I remember being surprised at the timing of the question.

My thought was that the surprise was intentional.

IIRC, IMO, skipping around topics is a time-honored LE questioning technique, specifically because they don't want you anticipating the questions and coming up with rehearsed answers. Slipping the question in casually and at the end of an unrelated rill of questions is seen as a good way to surprise the hidden truth out of you.

As for the number of people who are asked that question and actually casually are tricked into responding, "Just a little crack/benzos/nitrous - urp, I mean, Nah"; I make no assertions or even guesses. ;)

A healthy reward for information might help.

Someone as publicly bubbly as GP must have a circle of friends who would have been apprised of her feelings and plans. That makes me think LE doesn't have her phone. Still, they can get contact and message info from the phone company.

Disagree. Many lonely people are working hard to put up an Instagram front, especially these days. Can't tell one way or another - but only one friend has come forward (with vague information, IMO).

Far from a "Reasonable Doubt Play" at this point evidence points as much at someone else having harmed her as BL, so far LE hasnt announced a shred of evidence that suggests she even has come to harm at the hands of another.

His lawyer certainly doesnt come across as experienced with criminal matters but he doesnt have to be if LE cant even establish that a crime has taken place.

That's your opinion - which you stated as fact. I agree with @MassGuy.

Gabby is missing. That's an actual emergency, regardless of whether this a crime. Usually, if there's no crime, the last person to see the missing person speaks up. Can you dispute that?

Because that's what actually happens.

Why is he a POI? Because he's the person who saw her last. And he needs to speak - and he will speak, eventually, although it will be long enough that most forensic evidence will be lost. What he says (eventually) will probably not be helpful to Gabby, only to himself.

That’s a lot of action in 24 hours for a town of 5,000 people.

They had a argument and was separated by police and she sleep in the van by herself. What if she crossed paths with the couple that night after they were separated and something occurred that BL didn’t approve of. The next day he has a chat with the couple and things went downhill. He had to get rid of gf the only witness.

Didn't happen. Physically impossible. Moab is a National Park gateway - with millions of visitors annually.

Traffic & Travel Tips - Arches National Park (U.S. National Park Service).

Don't view this as a "small town crime." Those visitors are concentrated into about 6-7 months. It's a wilderness - but it's also a metropolis (with lots of crime).

There is no way that Brian is the killer of the other couple - but this thread keeps the idea alive.

Brian is not just a full grown adult man but he appears aimless and unemployed and had no prospects. What did he do for a living? What was his goal? If Gabby told police BL didn't feel she'd be successful at her blogging venture with VanLife, then what was his goal, just ride around with his girlfriend in her van? That's hardly a career. He didn't seem to have any life goals other than his opinions on Instagram. If I was being ungenerous which is how I'm feeling towards him right now I'd describe him as a "bum" with no talents other than stealing other peoples' artwork, which is what his artwork is. I'm an artist and it's not considered cool or honorable to just copy other peoples' artwork. So he's not even a good artist because he copies. What were his prospects, of any kind?

It's also my understanding that he didn't attend college. Was he going to live off Gabby and her work, was that his plan? All just IMO. But I don't see this guy as "normal" at all. He seems to be a moocher from the start, while Gabby has actual business and career plans with all of it. That could factor into his motives for whatever may have happened.

He worked for his parents (aka "failure to launch" in common parlance).

They are both young and immature. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member