Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo...I live near BRP, have frequently traveled, to the Boone, Asheville, Grandfather Mountain.

I don't think we will see an extensive ariel search, as we did in FL. The swamp was fairly flat. The Smokey Mountains have radically elevations changes, steep mountains, sharp drops and a gazillion trees. The canopy is very thick, even after the leaves drop, millions of pines. Lots of areas with ZERO cell signal.

Moo...I think it would take 100% verification, photo, traffic cam footage before TN and NC would have a major search.

Live Traffic Cameras Show Real-Time Road Conditions as Winter Storm Approaches North Carolina

All Moo...

What is the BRP?
What is the BRP?

Nevermind, you mean the Blue Ridge Parkway!

I'm no longer fond of doing my own research online, but it might be Wyoming laws on murder, but this is a Federal case out of Wyoming and I don't know if Federal Law's differ than State Laws. It may vary. jmo
IMO as far as we know yes. She was found on federal land. The outstanding issue we do not know yet is whether there was a second location. Whether she was killed on state land and subsequently moved to Spread Creek. And, we just don't know this yet. MOO.

What's interesting is how he would have acquired the truck. If he paid cash, someone's going to remember.

The thing about this is Brian's need to mention his fiancé or girlfriend. I'd say it's unlikely he wouldn't have mentioned her to the person who sold him the truck.
I'm curious where Cassie and her husband have been and when someone last laid eyes on them. MOO. Disney and North Carolina? Do not know. Pure speculation.

Yes, what you’re saying makes a certain amount of sense. It may in fact be more realistic to hide him at home than anywhere else.

On the other hand, I’d be terrified that at some point the FBI would come searching, and figure the whole thing out.

Does the FBI have to give warning that they are coming?

Anyone have more links to this Asheville sighting? Asheville seems like just the kind of place BL would love and may be familiar with from past visits. Art, nature, good vegan/vegetarian eats and lots of free loving hippies.

I have posted a lot, did you see them?

Anyone have more links to this Asheville sighting? Asheville seems like just the kind of place BL would love and may be familiar with from past visits. Art, nature, good vegan/vegetarian eats and lots of free loving hippies.

No, he would be recognized and captured in Asheville. He is near the AT trail, where there isn't much cell phone service, in his Ford pickup truck and he only comes out at night and I think he is losing his mind also. Someone will find him, it's only a matter of time.

So do we have a confirmation that this flight back to FL and then back to UTAH really did happen ? I blinked and missed that. If it did happen I am very suspicious as to the motivations - I don't think emptying out a storage container to save money is the full story. KG
I agree!
I think they broke up!
He left!
They really need.to.get the text transcripts!
Both phones!
It.would.probably explain.alot!
I.don't think they meed.the phones.to.get.transcripts!

Wouldn't his disappearing act that he is pulling right now be considered consciousness of guilt?
Hiding the body, not reporting a death, destruction of evidence and fleeing Wyoming shows a consciousness of guilt. Evading capture is something the defense might argue, is not a show of consciousness of guilt, but in this case, I can't see it making any difference in the outcome of a trial.

I'm afraid I'm not buying Dennis Davis' story. It is indeed interesting but I think this was simply a case of mistaken identity. I would also ask Mr. Davis if he got a look at the gentleman's ears? Brian has pointy, distinctly shaped ears. However, unless Brian is completely out of his mind and had yet another* psychotic break why would he still be telling random strangers he had a fight with his girlfriend and she loves him? Like if this was Brian is he just drifting round the country thinking Gabby is still alive and he's trying to "find" her? Plausible and also very creepy if that's the case. One would think if you did happen upon him he would simply ask for directions and walk away rather than give a portion of a life story. This whole encounter reads more like a ghost story on the Appalachian Trail or, simply a man in a dark bandanna probably on meth.

Last edited:
Does the FBI have to give warning that they are coming?

I wonder if LE could just check the utility bills like water, for example. What was the usage when BL was away vs recently. So if he indeed was hidden in the house he'd be flushing the toilet, taking showers, more laundry etc and that would show up in the usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734